Feasting on ancient, smaller, weaker Brazilian strikers has went to Chris's head

Weidman is legit. He might be the most well rounded fighter in the sport. But his true test will be in his next 2-3 fights. If he can win them and remain the champion it will be one of the greatest title runs in MMA history.

Well, to be honest, the size difference is not that big as people are making up to be.
Jon is 2" taller and has only 6" Reach Advantage.

And while I do see Jon being the obvious favourite, you have to give to Chris the fact that, so far, he had great gameplans, and was able to execute them perfectly.

Obviously, he must have seen something he can explore from Jon. But if he can pull it off or not, that is another question entirely.

Both (Jon & Chris) have proven to be all around fighters.
I would absolutely love to see this fight.

I would however, wait until Chris beats Luke and Jacare.
If he does, he will have cleaned up the top contenders waiting in line, and Jon will be able to get back, get his belt back, and as such this fight would be much bigger then!

I can wait for the mid/end of 2016 for a fight such as this!!

if weidman beat rockhold,romero,and jacare,and anderson,vitor,and machida retired before he fought them,youd just say he ducked the real legends

It's not like a smaller, weaker and Brazilian striker reigned at the top of middleweight for a long time and seemed unbeatable.

OK fine Dana, let's go.

Weidman has no real skills. That's right, NONE. He's ok at everything but not good at anything. Poor cardio and weak chin (nearly KO'd by TRT-less Vitor.) He's not even that great a wrestler and didn't even win a title. Idiots like you that drink the Dana kool aid see his padded record full of old men and cans and think he must be some kind of god, but us smart fans know he's nothing but a product of Dana's hype. Now let's compare that to the skills of the people on my list:

Halsey: high level, All-American wrestler, legit KO power, would tool Chris easily on the ground.

Rockhold: dynamic boxing/wrestling/BJJ. Beats Chris standing or on the feet.

Storm: Master of Sports in Sambo, International Master of Sports in hand to hand combat. Holds a degree in sport science. Russian. Beats Chris standing or on the ground.

Manhoef: Ranked kickboxer. No one can stand with him. Devestating striking. Chris isn't fast enough or athletic enough to take him down. Easy KO win for Manhoef.

Jacare: Most decorated BJJ player in history with legit KO power. Beats Chris however/whenever/wherever he wants.

Mousasi: Legit K-1 level kickboxing. Several K-1 wins over top contenders. Olympic caliber boxing. Judo black belt. Probably wins standing but could also win the grappling.

Schilling: #2 ranked kickboxer in Glory. Stellar takedown defense. Chris can't take him down and dies on the feet.

Tito: Legit wrestling credentials. Too strong for Chris. Underrated submission game. Devestating GnP. Wins on the ground easily.

Romero: Silver medal wrestling. Why are we still even bothering?

King Mo: Olympic wrestler, has the skills to win the gold medal. Legit KO power. Way too strong and athletic for Chris. Wins wherever the fight goes.

These are FACTS, Dana. Your golden boy doesn't have the skills to compete with anyone I listed. Don't use fight finder - watch the actual fights and see skills. You'll see what I mean.

Holy shit you're an idiot. You know who else never won a wrestling title or was a ranked kickboxing but still beat everyone with "supposedly"better striking or wrestling than him? Ever heard of GSP?

Weidman has no ground skills? With very little training he held his own against one of the greatest BJJ practitioners ever in a straight BJJ match. He KO'd Silva. He out struck Machida.

I've already agreed that Rockhold, Romero and Jacare are legit threats. But the rest of your list is a fucking joke you troll. King Mo isn't even in the same weight class and has even gone up to fight at HW so I don't know why you even list him.

And really, calling me Dana? Pathetic, you must be a Bellator shill or Scott Coker in disguise. Is that you Coker?

People like you are the reason this place is a joke.

Its very notable that a lot of them have migrated to Jones as well. I remember back during Jon's initial rise his fanbase was actually quite sane and a lot of criticism of him was more salty Machida and Rampage fans(notable NOT Shogun fans) than a result of his actions.

Post Anderson loses to Weidman though its notable his fanbase has become a lot more unreasonable, the push for him being "the guy to make sure Fedor isn't GOAT" a lot stronger and the desire to excuse his increasingly unreasonable actions progressively greater.

Not sure if srs.

There was absolutely zero backlash from Rampage fans after he fought Jones but plenty when Jones merked Shogun.

Everything else about your post is accurate though. Silva fans are hands down the saltiest, most unreasonable fanbase this forum has seen in years.

He'd get mauled by Bones tho and Machida made Weidman look beatable.

you're not a good troll btw.

Just an observation on my part, but I didn't notice anyone calling Weidman "unbeatable", and to say that "Machida made Weidman look beatable" is almost saying Machida is a can. Is there something wrong with being in a good fight with one of the best LHW/MW ever?

Not sure if srs.

There was absolutely zero backlash from Rampage fans after he fought Jones but plenty when Jones merked Shogun.

Everything else about your post is accurate though. Silva fans are hands down the saltiest, most unreasonable fanbase this forum has seen in years.

all generalizations are stupid, son.
I am a big Silva fan (still) and yet I recognize how good Weidman is.
See my earlier comments, I even noted I expect Weidman to submit Jon if he can take the fight to the ground.

If I recall correctly, there was a lot of backlash on Jon after Rampage fight. The eye poke threads and dirty oblique kicks were through the roof.

so when you want to attack someone's fan base, have the decency of (at least) not blatantly lie about other fighter's fanbase. :icon_twis

Back