Opinion Fauci Estimates That 100,000 To 200,000 Americans Could Die From The Coronavirus

Do you believe in those projected numbers?

• Total voters
Again he was among the first to introduce travel bans, which at the time we're called racist and later on when he banned travel from Europe people were still upset. If almost no other world leaders were doing so at the time then you're holding him to an impossible standard. Like I said before, things aren't dire. You're on par or have lower mortality rates, when adjusted to the size of the population, than many other western European nations. Sounds horrible but just because you have a 100 000 dead doesn't mean you've botched this. It seems to follow previous predictions with and without lockdowns. And I know you don't necessarily agree but limiting the economic impact matters as well as it directly correlates to the overall mortality rate.

Trump has Stephen Miller running immigration policy. Let's not act like Trump did this out of caution (while allowing 291 more flights from China while our nation became infected from European travel) or that that action, amongst a host of failures relating to the pandemic response, was anything but them getting in a policy they were already desperate to implement pre-Covid.

The USA is supposed to lead in situations like this. Instead we have a President who ripped down the pandemic response from the executive branch because of who he inherited it from. He put lobbyists into positions managing public health, and we got shit like the Air bridge situation because of it.

Our nation is still not testing where we need to be, and we still have widespread shortages of ppe. "It's gonna be great" over and over is all Trump has.

Trump has Stephen Miller running immigration policy. Let's not act like Trump did this out of caution (while allowing 291 more flights from China while our nation became infected from European travel) or that that action, amongst a host of failures relating to the pandemic response, was anything but them getting in a policy they were already desperate to implement pre-Covid.

The USA is supposed to lead in situations like this. Instead we have a President who ripped down the pandemic response from the executive branch because of who he inherited it from. He put lobbyists into positions managing public health, and we got shit like the Air bridge situation because of it.

Our nation is still not testing where we need to be, and we still have widespread shortages of ppe. "It's gonna be great" over and over is all Trump has.

I know it's a losing battle with you hille :) All I can do is reiterate the numbers which suggests you aren't doing nearly as bad as you think.

I can't go into Trump's or his advisors motivations or speak to why they do what they do. His motivations for implementing certain policies probably are self serving but I wouldn't put it past any politician to do so.

The flights allowed back from China were American nationals and green card holders being repatriated and I don't know how you can say you weren't leading since you were among the first to issue wide scale travel bans which other countries soon followed with. And right now you're among the furthest in developing a vaccine. Everybody everywhere is short on PPE at the moment. I think you're being unfair and not looking at the numbers logically. Trump says stupid shit, that's not news. Don't let him take all the air out of the room.
There's no stopping this thing until a vaccine shows up and even then it's touch and go. There was only slowing it down and that you managed to do, that's the main thing.

On a side note I hope you're doing somewhat good amongst all of this. Alberta has been slowly opening up and man o man does it feel good to have beer on a restaurant patio and take the kiddo to the playground.

I know it's a losing battle with you hille :) All I can do is reiterate the numbers which suggests you aren't doing nearly as bad as you think.

I can't go into Trump's or his advisors motivations or speak to why they do what they do. His motivations for implementing certain policies probably are self serving but I wouldn't put it past any politician to do so.

The flights allowed back from China were American nationals and green card holders being repatriated and I don't know how you can say you weren't leading since you were among the first to issue wide scale travel bans which other countries soon followed with. And right now you're among the furthest in developing a vaccine. Everybody everywhere is short on PPE at the moment. I think you're being unfair and not looking at the numbers logically. Trump says stupid shit, that's not news. Don't let him take all the air out of the room.
Look, there's no stopping this thing until a vaccine shows up and even then it's touch and go. There was only slowing it down and that you managed to do, that's the main thing.

On a side note I hope you're doing somewhat good amongst all of this. Alberta has been slowly opening up and man o man does it feel good to have beer on a restaurant patio and take the kiddo to the playground.

Vaguely throwing out the per capita term doesn't make a failure into a win. Sorry.

Again, he didn't stop travel from Europe, and his China travel ban? His admin wasn't actually doing anything about the pandemic at this time. That's not a mere detail.

Funny, though, this type of excuse making from Trump, his cabinet, and indeed, people like you. America is the richest and most affluent country in the history of the species, yet our numbers? Compared with Spain and Italy. Our supplies? Everybody else is short, what do you want the USA to do about it?

The best he can do is to have his son in law set up a system in which to grift taxpayers out of medical supplies, handing them over to corporations. That's the best he can do.

Vaguely throwing out the per capita term doesn't make a failure into a win. Sorry.

Again, he didn't stop travel from Europe, and his China travel ban? His admin wasn't actually doing anything about the pandemic at this time. That's not a mere detail.

Funny, though, this type of excuse making from Trump, his cabinet, and indeed, people like you. America is the richest and most affluent country in the history of the species, yet our numbers? Compared with Spain and Italy. Our supplies? Everybody else is short, what do you want the USA to do about it?

The best he can do is to have his son in law set up a system in which to grift taxpayers out of medical supplies, handing them over to corporations. That's the best he can do.

There's nothing vague about the numbers. https://www.statista.com/chart/21170/coronavirus-death-rate-worldwide/ It's not a win, nobody's won. But it's not a failure either.

I hate to tell you but almost nobody has completely stopped travel, nor should they. Ban is perhaps the wrong term even though it's more widely used. "Restrictions" would be better.

If everyone is short on PPE that should give somewhat of a clue that there's not enough PPE to go around anywhere in the world. I don't expect the USA to do anything about it at this time. Hopefully in the future all countries will move their medical manufacturing away from China and support domestic so supply chains won't be severely compromised.

I'm not making excuses, just looking at things in context. I think you should do the same. Or better yet just go off the grid for the next five years and come back when Trump is done with his presidency. I'm not sure you can take five more years of this.

There's nothing vague about the numbers. https://www.statista.com/chart/21170/coronavirus-death-rate-worldwide/ It's not a win, nobody's won. But it's not a failure either.

I hate to tell you but almost nobody has completely stopped travel, nor should they. Ban is perhaps the wrong term even though it's more widely used. "Restrictions" would be better.

If everyone is short on PPE that should give somewhat of a clue that there's not enough PPE to go around anywhere in the world. I don't expect the USA to do anything about it at this time. Hopefully in the future all countries will move their medical manufacturing away from China and support domestic so supply chains won't be severely compromised.

I'm not making excuses, just looking at things in context. I think you should do the same. Or better yet just go off the grid for the next five years and come back when Trump is done with his presidency. I'm not sure you can take five more years of this.

If there's a shortage, a win would come at the cost of another nation, given scarcity. However, when you have a contract with a US company to manufacture 1.5 million masks, and you don't do jack shit? That's a failure. Creating the Air Bridge system? A corrupt failure. Touting a miracle drug over and over? Fail. dismantling WH pandemic taskforces? Fail. Removing the CDC teams in China? Fail. Refusing German-made WHO standard test kits, choosing a private solution that has manifestly failed? Obviously, a fail.

He's hitting 2 for 40, and people are cheering on a pair of singles.....

Not according to this. We are significantly higher in all cause mortality in 2020 than any of the previous 5 years.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...st-months-of-2020-compared-to-previous-years/

That says it's 4% higher than last year, which was not the "deadliest" year, and the population is also nearly 4% bigger since 2015. So yeah, even with these magical extra dead people they seem to come up with weeks later, it's still at the higher end of the normal range of deaths/capita, and certainly not 100,000 additional deaths, which would be more like a 12% increase in raw numbers.

If there's a shortage, a win would come at the cost of another nation, given scarcity. However, when you have a contract with a US company to manufacture 1.5 million masks, and you don't do jack shit? That's a failure. Creating the Air Bridge system? A corrupt failure. Touting a miracle drug over and over? Fail. dismantling WH pandemic taskforces? Fail. Removing the CDC teams in China? Fail. Refusing German-made WHO standard test kits, choosing a private solution that has manifestly failed? Obviously, a fail.

He's hitting 2 for 40, and people are cheering on a pair of singles.....

If said company (prestige ameritech?) Could truly manufacture N95 masks up to standard reliably then I would agree it is a fail. There's seems to be a lot to unravel in that story and seems like the company owner was difficult to deal with. Big contracts to manufacture masks were instead given to 3M and Honeywell.

Air bridge I don't think is a failure. Far far from perfect but it's doing what it's supposed to. Getting PPE from China. Distribution of said PPE is too convoluted in many instances.

Touting the malaria medication as a cure is absolutely a mistake. Does it make a difference with anything? Probably not. But he should leave any medical stuff to the experts and shut his mouth. I'm not sure why every country has daily TV briefings by their respective leaders. Useless shit in my opinion.

WH pandemic task force being integrated with other teams (like biochemical warfare) is again difficult to assess. Some say it streamlined things because the previous task force was too bloated and others say it was a mistake. Impossible to say if it would've made any difference one way or the other.

The reduction off CDC staff in China seems like a fail, and I would agree that it is. It couldn't have helped let's put it that way. But like one CDC epidemiologist said. “The problem was China, not that we didn’t have CDC people in China,” said Scott McNabb, a former CDC epidemiologist who is now a research professor with Emory University. He pointed to China’s censorship as the main culprit in the spread of the pandemic, which has infected at least 435,470 people worldwide, killed 19,598 and upended the global economy.

Refusing the German test kits was absolutely a fail. But there was a lot CDC hubris involved in the decision. CDC said they could deliver their own test kits quickly, but they couldn't and they weren't accurate so it became a disaster. But the administration should have hedged their bets and got the Germans ones as well so I'd agree it was a fail.

The above mentioned stuff is largely a matter of opinion. Whether or not the effects of those decisions are positive or negative or inconsequential is difficult to say. What I refer to are the numbers provided and they seem to suggest that the US, all things considered, is doing alright. Whether or not things are better or worse due to policy decisions I cannot say. No one can.

You don't expect a rational response from a flu bro do you?
Though the display of mental gymnastics to explain it will be something to watch though.
Wanted to see what he would come up with. I guess he’s stuck.

That says it's 4% higher than last year, which was not the "deadliest" year, and the population is also nearly 4% bigger since 2015. So yeah, even with these magical extra dead people they seem to come up with weeks later, it's still at the higher end of the normal range of deaths/capita, and certainly not 100,000 additional deaths, which would be more like a 12% increase in raw numbers.
do you understand how ridiculous (and offensive) you sound?

@Renard

Certainly you are not the only one on this board that is ignorant.

"Think you can't catch a cold you've already had? Think again
. A reader asks the New York Times' "Ask Well" columnist Richard Klasco whether a person can catch the same cold twice. It turns out, yes, you can—but there's a decent chance you won't, according to Klasco. On the one hand, more than half of people exposed to a cold virus as part of a controlled study produced enough antibodies to withstand subsequent infection. However, study participants who had a "less robust antibody response" succumbed to the same cold again. But more to the point, Klasco points out that "while infection with a cold virus can protect against reinfection with that same virus, the existence of hundreds of different types of cold viruses means that we will always be susceptible to catching colds."

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2018/03/16/weekend-reads

Why doesn't Dotard Don ask the Dems to call off the hoax? Is it pride holding him back?

So selfish!

George Floyd's autopsy is gonna back with coronavirus as the cause of death.

giphy.gif

Don’t let the destroyers of truth lead you down the wrong path.

Covid19 has killed more than 100k people. Many people are dying alone in their homes or not being tested. The numbers are higher than 100k.

Dr Fauci was also correct about the estimates of deaths. We’re over 100k already and it’s not even June yet.

Back