Opinion Fauci Estimates That 100,000 To 200,000 Americans Could Die From The Coronavirus

Do you believe in those projected numbers?

• Total voters
Almost at 91k now, and the real numbers are likely much higher.

I guess you're assuming you're immune once you've been exposed to the virus. That must be why nobody gets the flu or the common cold any more. I mean, it's not like viruses evolve and mutate. Oh, wait, this one already has...
You should stay home forever

Do they have HIV?

A different kid posted something similar earlier.

The point being is that just because you catch a virus doesn't automatically give you immunity. You can catch the flu multiple times in a season. You can catch the cold virus numerous times.

I guess you're assuming you're immune once you've been exposed to the virus. That must be why nobody gets the flu or the common cold any more. I mean, it's not like viruses evolve and mutate. Oh, wait, this one already has...

This is fake news. I've listen to over a dozen different experts at this point, they all agree that covid isn't a fast-mutating virus and you're likely to have immunity for at least a few years. Even if you're reinfected a second time down the line, your antibodies will likely partially recognize the virus and your illness will be mild. This branch of coronaviruses (MERS, SARS) doesn't have the kind of structure that allows for fast mutations.

Basically what the media is doing is whipping up a frenzy because it's not "proven without a doubt" that you can't be reinfected. No shit: it's a new virus, there's no definite proof of anything about its' characteristics. However we can make estimates based on what we've observed, and all those estimates weigh heavily on the "immunity is long lasting" side. It's pure dishonesty to suggest otherwise.

They interviewed Trump today on the golf match play event. According to Trump the number of dead would have been 15-20 times higher had the country not been shut down.

Your inferiority complex is just sad. I'm sure if you keep trying, you'll eventually convince yourself that you're smart, and not just some emotionally incontinent zilch with a patchy beard.

Maybe you could use your big brain to explain how exactly "a third of the grocery store" will have it at the same time. Are they climbing off their death beds to pick up some lucky charms, or is it so super serious that 1/3 of the grocery will be infected and not even realize it? And if that many are asymptomatic, how many would be infected total at the same time, including the people who are too ill to knowingly have the virus but decide to make a run to the store anyway? You're a very serious person, as you keep trying to remind yourself, so how long after that imaginary trip to the walking dead grocery store would it take for the whole population to have had it, and what the hell happens to the people who would have already had it by then?

I just read this.

LOL at you, of all people, speaking of an inferiority complex, AFTER posting a shirtless pic of one of your dates and telling everyone how awesome your fake parents are.

LOL!

The rest of that shit? You actually typed that and posted it..........

They interviewed Trump today on the golf match play event. According to Trump the number of dead would have been 15-20 times higher had the country not been shut down.

What’s he gonna say...we shut everything down, destroyed the economy, and it made zero difference? He’s all in now..

A different kid posted something similar earlier.

The point being is that just because you catch a virus doesn't automatically give you immunity. You can catch the flu multiple times in a season. You can catch the cold virus numerous times.

Not unless you have some sort of immuno-deficiency.

On the date this thread was made there were 3,000 or so official deaths. We're going to hit 100,000, if we haven't already, in the next 24-48 hours.

Fauci said those numbers were projected for if the US didn't take the necessary steps.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...ronavirus-deaths-would-be-a-very-good-job/amp

Looks like necessary steps were not taken. Why were you so confident these steps would be taken?

How did you arrive at this reasoned conclusion?

Need a time span for 100k-200k. Anything in the near future, by summer or by fall? Not a chance. Years later in totality, then that is normal.

What about Spring 2020?

Just an average Joe here, but here is my .2 cents:

That number is way too high. I don't think deaths will top 30K.

Thank you for your brave prediction. Many people simply denied 100K but you at least gave a number. It was way off but still.

At first I thought this was worst case numbers. Now it looks like 200k is gonna actually happen. Thanks Trump.

A normal person can't get the common cold numerous times in a year?
You've missed the point @nostradumbass made.

The common cold is not a strain. There are about 250 different strains that can cause a common cold, and yes you can catch more than one a season.

"You know the drill. Your throat feels scratchy, you start sneezing and coughing, and pretty soon you're in the grip of a nasty cold. To add insult to injury, all that big-time misery is from a tiny invader -- a living thing called a virus.

And it's not just one you need to dodge. There are more than 200 that can lay you low.

It's likely that someday you'll have a close encounter with one of these types:

There are also a lot of viruses that doctors haven't identified. About 20%-30% of colds in adults are caused by these "unknown" bugs."

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/common_cold_causes

On the date this thread was made there were 3,000 or so official deaths. We're going to hit 100,000, if we haven't already, in the next 24-48 hours.

Looks like necessary steps were not taken. Why were you so confident these steps would be taken?

How did you arrive at this reasoned conclusion?

What about Spring 2020?

Thank you for your brave prediction. Many people simply denied 100K but you at least gave a number. It was way off but still.
I bet more folks would have been able to imagine those numbers being accurate if they'd know COVID-19-as-comorbidity would turn into COVID-19-as-cause.

Back