Opinion Fauci Estimates That 100,000 To 200,000 Americans Could Die From The Coronavirus

Do you believe in those projected numbers?

• Total voters
Hope you read to the end:

“The Stanford study, however, does not include the largest antibody study to date: that involving a randomised sample of 70,000 Spanish residents, whose preliminary results were published by the Carlos III Institute of Health two weeks ago. That suggested that five per cent of the Spanish population had been infected with the virus. With 27,000 deaths in the country, that would convert to an IFR of 1.1 per cent.”

We’re already at 100k. Hopefully we don’t see another spike now that people are crowding into boardwalks and reopening businesses.

People need to continue using some common sense. You can live your life, just limit your exposure with basic social distancing. Unfortunately, a lot of people see some bravado in acting foolish.

We’re already at 100k. Hopefully we don’t see another spike now that people are crowding into boardwalks and reopening businesses.

People need to continue using some common sense. You can live your life, just limit your exposure with basic social distancing. Unfortunately, a lot of people see some bravado in acting foolish.

Are we though? Gun shot victims died of Covid19. Lmao.

Alcohol overdose? Covid19. The books are cooked.

A normal person can't get the common cold numerous times in a year?

There's no such thing as "the cold virus", it's a variety of different viruses. You won't catch that same cold virus for that year e.g. if you catch cold virus A in November, you could catch cold B or C in the winter but not cold A again. Not what they're called but I'm explaining to you like you're stupid. When you get sick a second time it means you caught a different cold virus altogether, or influenza.

People like you are why this covid threads go downhill tbh, literally too retarded to google basic information. If you can't do that, don't even bother participating.

There's no such thing as "the cold virus", it's a variety of different viruses. You won't catch that same cold virus for that year e.g. if you catch cold virus A in November, you could catch cold B or C in the winter but not cold A again. Not what they're called but I'm explaining to you like you're stupid. When you get sick a second time it means you caught a different cold virus altogether, or influenza.

People like you are why this covid threads go downhill tbh, literally too retarded to google basic information. If you can't do that, don't even bother participating.

We have a number of posters who have directly stated that experts in the field of infectious disease do not know any more than an average Joe conspiracy theorist on the internet. Repeatedly, a significant portion of this forum has taken an aggressively anti-science stance on this for partisan reasons. It’s basically a waste of time to engage with them.

This is not new information. Osterholm predicted back in Jan Feb 100 - 200 thousand deaths with lockdowns and 800 000 - 1000 000 without lockdowns. So everything seems to be going like predicted. US has been handling this way better than I thought they would and their death rates when adjusted to the size of the population is lower than a lot of western European countries. This Trump deaths bullshit needs to stop. As far as containment goes you guys are doing fine.

If Covid has a much higher infection rate. (flu infects anywhere between 39-56 million people in the united states each season) then the death rate gets diluted substantially.

It either has a higher death rate but isn't as contagious or it's got a shit death rate and is super contagious.

Those are now your two options at this point.

How’d I miss this gem of logical stupidity.
You’ve missed the other option entirely which is called science and that this IS more contagious and deadly than the flu.

Yeah but we're not at 100,000 additional deaths from what we normally have. In fact, March and the first half of April, which was the big "spike" in covid, were actually lower in all cause deaths than the previous 4 years, and all but 1 week were lower than February of this year. Either someone is fucking with us, or there is near 100% overlap in covid deaths and people that would normally die of something else, and it was still a slow year for all of that.

Week ending Provisional COVID-19 Deaths (CDC) (% of deaths) COVID-19 Deaths (Compiled from state/local
sources) Pneumonia Deaths (CDC) Flu Deaths (CDC) Known Deaths from All Causes (CDC)
2/1/2020 - 56,662
2/8/2020 - 57,240
2/15/2020 - 56,440
2/22/2020 - 56,153
2/29/2020- 55,721
3/7/2020 - 55,268
3/14/2020- 53,287
3/21/2020 - 53,053
3/28/2020 -55,540
4/4/2020- 59,246
4/11/2020- 52,083
2/1/2020-4/18/202 - 632,092

This is not new information. Osterholm predicted back in Jan Feb 100 - 200 thousand deaths with lockdowns and 800 000 - 1000 000 without lockdowns. So everything seems to be going like predicted. US has been handling this way better than I thought they would and their death rates when adjusted to the size of the population is lower than a lot of western European countries. This Trump deaths bullshit needs to stop. As far as containment goes you guys are doing fine.

Do you think it shows poor leadership that Trump is trying to play both sides so that in either situation he can manipulate his base into being right.

For instance:

Just a flu Trump - Challenges governors following White House guidelines, calls for states to be liberated, makes fun of Biden for wearing a mask, makes false claims about drugs or treatments

Meanwhile his Whitehouse is pushing for social distancing, putting new restrictions on travel and posting more extensive guidelines.

If deaths stay flat and infections don’t go up he’ll just fire Fauci and the head of the CDC and throw them directly under the bus.

If deaths and infections take off, Trump will take credit for what the Whitehouse does while he says the opposite. He’s playing it both ways and his base is eating it up.

Yeah but we're not at 100,000 additional deaths from what we normally have. In fact, March and the first half of April, which was the big "spike" in covid, were actually lower in all cause deaths than the previous 4 years, and all but 1 week were lower than February of this year. Either someone is fucking with us, or there is near 100% overlap in covid deaths and people that would normally die of something else, and it was still a slow year for all of that.

It’s known deaths from all causes and you are leaving out that if people are isolated and not doing shit outside that might kill them then there will be less deaths.

It’s known deaths from all causes and you are leaving out that if people are isolated and not doing shit outside that might kill them then there will be less deaths.
OK, so if you had to guess, how much overlap would you say there is in the "covid deaths" and the people that would have gone into the "all cause" deaths if there were never any covid, and how many would have lived another 20 years or even another 2 years? We already know the leading causes of death, and it's not shopping accidents or workplace deaths. In fact, the leading causes of death seem to be the "at risk" conditions for covid. You can't possibly think the normal all cause numbers are down by over 100,000 this year and that's magically the number of covid deaths we've had to make the numbers almost the same.

Do you think it shows poor leadership that Trump is trying to play both sides so that in either situation he can manipulate his base into being right.

For instance:

Just a flu Trump - Challenges governors following White House guidelines, calls for states to be liberated, makes fun of Biden for wearing a mask, makes false claims about drugs or treatments

Meanwhile his Whitehouse is pushing for social distancing, putting new restrictions on travel and posting more extensive guidelines.

If deaths stay flat and infections don’t go up he’ll just fire Fauci and the head of the CDC and throw them directly under the bus.

If deaths and infections take off, Trump will take credit for what the Whitehouse does while he says the opposite. He’s playing it both ways and his base is eating it up.

Poor leadership, he's not a good president to begin with. More of a symptom of people's frustration with the political system than anything. But I'm also not laying the blame of the 100 000+ deaths at his feet since you're on par or have lower death rates than many western European nations. This pandemic is completely on China. And I do remember Trump being one of the first one's to introduce travel bans which at the time were called "racist" by many on the left only to have rest of the world follow suit two weeks later. I doubt any Dem president would have had the balls to pull the trigger on that one and who knows what kind of hurt you would be in now if it hadn't been done.

Not according to this. We are significantly higher in all cause mortality in 2020 than any of the previous 5 years.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...st-months-of-2020-compared-to-previous-years/

Not according to this. We are significantly higher in all cause mortality in 2020 than any of the previous 5 years.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...st-months-of-2020-compared-to-previous-years/
These people don't believe Covid is not real nor do they actually think it's not far more deadly than the flu. They have proven time and time again they will lie without shame to get what they want. After, they openly admit that they know they voted for an unabashed liar in Trump and are completely fine with it so long as they get what they want.

Whatever happened to the 100,000 people in Ohio that supposedly had the Coronavirus 2 months ago? Shouldn't Ohio's death tool be into the mid to high 5 digit range by now?

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...says-100-000-ohioans-are-carrying-coronavirus
Just a theory... the mortality rate on this thing is sub 1%. It's still several magnitudes worse than a bad flu but there are a lot of "colds" out there or totally asymptomatic people who had it and never knew. A second antibody test in the Boston area confirmed the results of the first - roughly 30% infection rate from the sample. If that holds true, major metro areas in the NorthEast, Chicago and Nola are all 20-30% into this.

That's all just me piecing it together and reading the tea leaves, so take it or leave it. I think what was MOST obviously when the Johns Hopkins website first started showing the geography of the infections, this thing had been percolating for a long time before we knew it. There's no way it would have been so widespread within three weeks of the cases in the Seattle area skyrocketing. You had cases in the hinterlands of big sky country and every major city - there's just no way that's happening in a few weeks from Seattle or a few other cities. That takes months of travel and passing it around from coasts inward.

What I REALLY want to know is how much work is being done on any saved labs from people that died of pnuemonia between mid December to March 1. How many test positive for COV2?

Poor leadership, he's not a good president to begin with. More of a symptom of people's frustration with the political system than anything. But I'm also not laying the blame of the 100 000+ deaths at his feet since you're on par or have lower death rates than many western European nations. This pandemic is completely on China. And I do remember Trump being one of the first one's to introduce travel bans which at the time were called "racist" by many on the left only to have rest of the world follow suit two weeks later. I doubt any Dem president would have had the balls to pull the trigger on that one and who knows what kind of hurt you would be in now if it hadn't been done.

So it was smart to ban one nation (China) and not completely cut off travel even though the virus was already destroying Italy? And the virus came to the East coast via Europe? He was trying to limit the economic impact that is why he didn’t shut the country down with the China ban. I just don’t see how you can credit him for nothing. The China ban focused attention away.

So it was smart to ban one nation (China) and not completely cut off travel even though the virus was already destroying Italy? And the virus came to the East coast via Europe? He was trying to limit the economic impact that is why he didn’t shut the country down with the China ban. I just don’t see how you can credit him for nothing. The China ban focused attention away.

Again he was among the first to introduce travel bans, which at the time we're called racist and later on when he banned travel from Europe people were still upset. If almost no other world leaders were doing so at the time then you're holding him to an impossible standard. Like I said before, things aren't dire. You're on par or have lower mortality rates, when adjusted to the size of the population, than many other western European nations. Sounds horrible but just because you have a 100 000 dead doesn't mean you've botched this. It seems to follow previous predictions with and without lockdowns. And I know you don't necessarily agree but limiting the economic impact matters as well as it directly correlates to the overall mortality rate.

When its all said and done, i think it will be higher than that.

Everytime they try and reopen things, there will be a new spike, along with all the other variables that come into play that will cause fatalities as a result of covid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back