Fans donating for Mighty Mouse more than Reebok sponsorship

I'm still dumbfounded by twitch viewers. They give rich established streamers their hard earned money so they will say hi to some random name in an internet chat.
More power to them I guess but I just don't get why you would give some stranger $100+ dollars. I picture these people lonely and their social lives revolving around twitch chat. They are getting played and don't even realize it. The woman have twitch on lockdown. Flash some skins, say hi and act like you care . boom instant donation.

I'm still dumbfounded by twitch viewers. They give rich established streamers their hard earned money so they will say hi to some random name in an internet chat.
More power to them I guess but I just don't get why you would give some stranger $100+ dollars. I picture these people lonely and their social lives revolving around twitch chat. They are getting played and don't even realize it. The woman have twitch on lockdown. Flash some skins, say hi and act like you care . boom instant donation.

I've never been into the whole "twitch" thing, myself. Several times I have tried watching Mighty Mouse's stream, though, because I respect him as a fighter. It's great when he gets on right after a fight card, and discusses the fights with this audience, applying some truly expert knowledge on the game of mma. Sometimes it's honestly not even that boring when he's just playing a game and talking about random bullshit, selling subscriptions with emoticons or other dumb shit. When he was interrupted by a USADA random test was a great slice of a fighter's real life, and told us quite a bit about DJ in the way he responded. But I can't sit through more than ten minutes of straight game-playing without wanting to do my own thing, instead of just hanging out in his envied wake.

Regardless of that, I think it's cool that other people get a lot out of it, enough to even pay him money just to watch something they could get for free. I'm sure there are plenty of movies or shows I like that other people wouldn't get anything out of. Doesn't mean my taste is better than theirs, though I could rant all day about how objectively underrated and ahead of it's time the HBO series Carnivale was, or how Burn After Reading is intentionally, thematically-connected with the much more popular No Country for Old Men, in the end we all know it's just a personal and entirely un-empirical opinion.

The point is, I accept that just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean others won't, or that they are somehow wrong for enjoying it. That's the great thing about having a free and open internet, the freedom to pursue your interests no matter how unusual, obscure, or niche they might be. MMA probably wouldn't even exist as it does today if it weren't for hardcore fans populating forums like this one. I know I, as a non-stop, every single day, un-healthily-addicted hardcore fan, would not be as well off as I am today without a place like this to discuss my favorite spectator-hobby in order to relieve day-to-day stresses or simply kill some time. Everyone is able to find something that brings them some level of joy in life, no matter what other, close-minded folk such as you or I might assume about them or their hobby.

Honestly, not in a serious, psychologically-clinical way, but in real, general-look-at-yourself every day way, I feel you would benefit from trying to find a way to get past this judgmental attitude. Look at things from an authentically-curious outsider's perspective, try to see the good in things that other people find important to them. Even something I personally would dismiss as terribly, unbearably, stupid as WWE has some fans that are actually fairly intelligent and interesting, with entirely nuanced views as to how they could enjoy something so monumentally stupid on it's surface. Life, in general, is a weird and complex thing. I think you'd enjoy it a lot more if you stopped worrying about expectations and normalcy and instead simply tried to understand and perceive all the great and bizarre things around you.

tldr: Everyone go to Mighty Mouse's Twitch page and give him some money. He's one of the best fighters there ever will be, and is grossly underpaid, even though he is also probably a millionaire and already has more money than I will ever see over the course of my entire life put together.

Last edited:

You're right about that. A lot of girls go on to do that. Look at this video, look at her and look at the donation she got

Anyone know enough about copyright laws to tell me if DJ is going to get sued for this shirt design?

CX52vGZWwAAUO7J.jpg

I don't know anything about copyright laws but why would he get sued for this? The logo isn't exactly the same with anything else

Its like the KONAMI Soccer games where they say Asrenal instead of Arsenal(the real name of the club) little changes like that and completely get away with it

DJ'S LAST 5 FIGHTS:

191 vs. Dodson: $231,000 ($58,000 win bonus, $40,000 reebok)

186 vs. Horiguchi: $237,000 ($56,000 win bonus, $50,000 POTN bonus)

178 vs. Cariaso: $183,000 ($54,000 win bonus)

174 Vs. Bagautinov: $179,000 ($52,000 win bonus)

Fox 9 vs. Benavidez: $225,000 ($50,000 win bonus, $50 KOTN bonus)

= $1,055,000 (Millionaire)

*Those numbers don't include his Xbox Sponsorship.

There's some serious money to be made in the streaming business

I've never been into the whole "twitch" thing, myself. Several times I have tried watching Mighty Mouse's stream, though, because I respect him as a fighter. It's great when he gets on right after a fight card, and discusses the fights with this audience, applying some truly expert knowledge on the game of mma. Sometimes it's honestly not even that boring when he's just playing a game and talking about random bullshit, selling subscriptions with emoticons or other dumb shit. When he was interrupted by a USADA random test was a great slice of a fighter's real life, and told us quite a bit about DJ in the way he responded. But I can't sit through more than ten minutes of straight game-playing without wanting to do my own thing, instead of just hanging out in his envied wake.
I watched him breakdown the fights after the last card and noticed that DJ cannot pronounce any fighter's name correctly. Motherfucker called Ray Borg "Borge."

When he was interrupted by a USADA random test was a great slice of a fighter's real life, and told us quite a bit about DJ in the way he responded.

That's pretty awesome. Live random test lol.

Last edited:
DJ'S LAST 5 FIGHTS:

Thanks bro, I know these numbers. This is his gross income for the last fights. How much does he have to pay in taxes?

do you have more Details regarding his Xbox sponsorship? I cant imagine he received more than 100k a year (this is also money from sponsorship, not fighting)

Thanks bro, I know these numbers. This is his gross income for the last fights. How much does he have to pay in taxes?

do you have more Details regarding his Xbox sponsorship? I cant imagine he received more than 100k a year (this is also money from sponsorship, not fighting)
No idea on his Xbox Sponsorship, t-shirt sales, twitch money or any of that other side stuff.
He seems to be doing quite alright though.

No idea on his Xbox Sponsorship, t-shirt sales, twitch money or any of that other side stuff.
He seems to be doing quite alright though.

He probably does, but I dont think he is a millionaire just from fighting (i.e. Payouts from the UFC). I wouldn't put him in the current top 15 active Fighters in regards to career earnings. He might be a manlet but he seems to be a nice bloke, so good for him.

He probably does, but I dont think he is a millionaire just from fighting (i.e. Payouts from the UFC). I wouldn't put him in the current top 15 active Fighters in regards to career earnings. He might be a manlet but he seems to be a nice bloke, so good for him.
I just proved to you that he's made over a million dollars in his last 5 fights not including his Xbox Sponsorship. Go two fights back and you'll find another $215,000 in reported payout. Wait two months and he'll make another $230,000+ for fighting Cejudo.

And he's probably not in the current top 15 highest paid fighters, but he's close. On every card he's apart of he's either the highest paid, or just under the highest paid fighter on the card.

I assumed the donations went to cancer research or something. Is he really keeping the money to himself? That's a D-class celeberity move.

This is actually very common on Twitch, the donations are basically to support the streamer so that he can buy quality equipment and new games at release. MM is not taking advantage of those people

DJ'S LAST 5 FIGHTS:

How do you not understand that someone who earns 1 million dollars BEFORE TAXES, BEFORE EXPENSES, and OVER 2 YEARS.....is not a millionaire?

Back