Fallout New Vegas

Me too. I even got the perk that makes their shit blow up more often. Nothing like blasting a dude in the leg and watching him explode into 1000 pieces. I love VATS.

if you got bloody mess you can get the gore without resorting to ***goty no-skill VATS :p

VATS was just a terrible attempt by bathesda to adapt AP from turn-based F2 to real time F3. absolute garbage. imo if you use VATS you should be playing it on the hardest difficulty.

I'm so pumped for this game.

If you're replaying FO3 and would like it more difficult, I suggest the following:

make a low intelligence character(5 or under), don't take Educated, don't take Comprehension, choose perks that you normally wouldn't(Lead Belly, for instance lol) instead of damage increasing Perks. Run Melee/Explosives, limit your stimpack usages, become a drug addict, etc.

there are a ton of things you can do to make the game harder, you just have to Micro manage a bit in order to achieve these things. thankfully, New Vegas is looking to be much more challenging. can't wait!!!

i just replayed it this month on hard, no use of VATS, melee/explosives yeah. its a ton of fun but i honestly wouldnt enjoy it if i just VATS auto-crit headshot from a mile away every fight

oh and i took lead belly. its a viable perk when you have to choose fucking 20 or 30 :p haha

if you got bloody mess you can get the gore without resorting to ***goty no-skill VATS :p

VATS was just a terrible attempt by bathesda to adapt AP from turn-based F2 to real time F3. absolute garbage. imo if you use VATS you should be playing it on the hardest difficulty.

the best part of V.A.T.S(aside from slow mo executions) was the 90% DR you get entering V.A.T.S. i liked to use it if i aggro too many Super Mutants/retards from the Point/Raiders, so i could kill and not be raped at the same time. but yeah, after the first play through or two i ended up mostly ADS(or just going stealth and murdering with my Shiskebab).

i just replayed it this month on hard, no use of VATS, melee/explosives yeah. its a ton of fun but i honestly wouldnt enjoy it if i just VATS auto-crit headshot from a mile away every fight

i haven't really used guns on my last few characters, haha.

some of them i RP as scavengers roaming the waste, trying to make things(schematics :B) or brilliant scientists with robot followers, plasma pistol, and Lesko's Lab Coat, or my favorite the stealth Melee black widow bad ass BITCH class. nothing better than killing a SuperMutant Overlord with a tire iron(Highwayman lol)

i haven't really used guns on my last few characters, haha.

some of them i RP as scavengers roaming the waste, trying to make things(schematics :B) or brilliant scientists with robot followers, plasma pistol, and Lesko's Lab Coat, or my favorite the stealth Melee black widow bad ass BITCH class. nothing better than killing a SuperMutant Overlord with a tire iron(Highwayman lol)

yeah im pretty much dead set on never tagging/using small guns in another fallout game again. i kinda love heavy weapons though, but yeah, no small guns sniping for me. so much fun to play the game gritty. im really excited for iron sights though i have to admit, but im pretty good at free aiming from fallout 3. i basically abandoned small guns skill in F2

C'mon this game requires no skill with or without vats. I don't play RPGs for skill I play for fun. I get my ass kicked in Reach enough I need to feel empowered by maxing out my stealth, rocking the chinese stealth armor, and sneaking up on a mole rat and blowing it's head off with the black hawk in VATs.

C'mon this game requires no skill with or without vats. I don't play RPGs for skill I play for fun. I get my ass kicked in Reach enough I need to feel empowered by maxing out my stealth, rocking the chinese stealth armor, and sneaking up on a mole rat and blowing it's head off with the black hawk in VATs.

Actually I even took it a step further. I got the Animal friend perk and now I rule the wasteland by befriending them, then going into vats and blowing them to hell. Vats = empowerment, baby!

Anyone got a full perk-list on New Vegas yet?

why are there people always complaining about VATS? it's obvious that this system was utilized because the game is more RPG than an FPS...right?
I was under the impression that the game was MEANT to be played with VATS?

i could be wrong of course :icon_neut

why are there people always complaining about VATS? it's obvious that this system was utilized because the game is more RPG than an FPS...right?
I was under the impression that the game was MEANT to be played with VATS?

i could be wrong of course :icon_neut

I agree. The shooting mechanics are about as basic as can be and I just feel the game flows better using Vats. No matter how you slice it, unless you are in Old Olney the game is a piece of cake.

What's so good with Fallout Vegas is that you have a choice of using VATS or not.

Some prefer the VATS-system and some prefer more real-time action. Both are viable.

To be honest, I hardly used VATS and I feel like I missed out a little. Gotta make a point to use it more this time around.

only problem is you know the GOTY edition will have all the DLC, so the question is do i wait?

not sure if i should pick this up or ea mma on the 19th. like someone said you can just wait 6 months and pick up the GOTY edition of this and get all the dlc. hmm.

i remember playing fallout 3 the day it came out with my buddy and i blew the cop in the vaults head straight off and i thought it was like a graphics glitch... until I went up to his dead body. you should have seen the look on me and my buddies face when we realized I just decapitated the dude with a pellet gun lol HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME

thumbs-up.jpg

halloween costume as the vault dweller, coveralls, get a number on the back, and it is almost done.

Back