Fallout New Vegas

I'm cautiously optimistic since it's Obsidian.

They can write better stories than Bethesda can on their worst day, but at the same time their games tend to be technical disasters.

Hopefully Bethesda helped them playtest the shit out of it. Vegas is about as perfect a location for Fallout as I can imagine.

That and robot sex. The future calamity predicted by Futurama has come to pass.

I'm hyped for the hardcore mode, sounds like STALKER gameplay wise but in a Fallout game by Obsidian.

Cant wait for this game. I still play Fallout 3 all the time and just picked up Fallout 1 and 2 so I could play those before New Vegas comes out.

I'm cautiously optimistic since it's Obsidian.

They can write better stories than Bethesda can on their worst day, but at the same time their games tend to be technical disasters.

Hopefully Bethesda helped them playtest the shit out of it. Vegas is about as perfect a location for Fallout as I can imagine.

That and robot sex. The future calamity predicted by Futurama has come to pass.
That's what I'm worried about too. I'll wait until the reviews come out, even then I'm still slightly skeptical because if the length is anything like vanilla FO3 it will disappoint(vanilla FO3 was way short, the GOTY version was good though). Trying to decide between Dead Rising 2, EA MMA(the demo is meh so far, will wait for reviews too) and New Vegas. I might see if I can sell some of my games(RDR, UFC 2010, BC2 more than likely).

It looks incredible. I can't wait for Bethesda to drain another 80 hours of my life.

Diego-Sanchez.jpg

Yes!

Well i rented FO3 earlier this year, since i kept reading that it was an awesome game, i start playing the game and it takes me probably about an hour to get out of the complex building/facility.

Then i get out there into the wild and go to that weird ass town and i have no clue what to do, apparently you can bang a hoe there, then after i left i was just wandering around until i found an abandoned school, where i was shot and killed by random turds, after not being able to do anything since i couldn't repair my weapons and had no ammo left. I got up took the game out of my ps3, returned it, told them it sucked and got GOW3.

The only cool thing about this game (for me at least) was that it had a Book of Eli feel to it. I really liked that movie so i thought that was kinda cool.

dude... really? lol......you are supposed to talk to people and do things for them and do missions...

and book of eli came out after fallout 3

I'm probably more excited about F:NV than any other game this year

So where is everyone preordering from?

I cant preorder at Sams Club and i would really like to have something to begin the game with.

From what i see.

Gamestop you get a certain armour and a 10mm pistol

From Amazon you get lightweight armour and a machete and some throwing spears

From Walmart you get lightweight armour and a shotgun with 4 repair kits

Add to this list so everyone can be aware of things like this.

Also...is there any kind of XBL for this game? Or multiplayer?

Walmart also comes with a set of binocs which can come in handy

I preordered it from gamestop. You start out with a canteen which will come in handy in hardcore mode.

Anyone know the full list of perks in this game?

I preordered it from gamestop. You start out with a canteen which will come in handy in hardcore mode.

This is a real good choice.

I would have pre ordered from Gamestop but the dude said theyw ere out of preorders for the collectors edition :(

Yeah I can't wait for this game. I may of just gotten laid off, but I'm more than willing to shell out $50 for this.

Same with me, one of the only good things about just getting laid off is having time to play the game when it comes out.

The 4 different pre-order bonus thing is such total bullshit. I'm glad none of it is essential, but I can already see the day where they're forcing you to pre-order stuff to get important content or making the game too difficult to progress through with the aid of pre-order items.

So where is everyone preordering from?

I cant preorder at Sams Club and i would really like to have something to begin the game with.

From what i see.

Gamestop you get a certain armour and a 10mm pistol

From Amazon you get lightweight armour and a machete and some throwing spears

From Walmart you get lightweight armour and a shotgun with 4 repair kits

Add to this list so everyone can be aware of things like this.

Also...is there any kind of XBL for this game? Or multiplayer?

Amazon for me: Amazon.com: Fallout New Vegas: Playstation 3: Video Games

I don't care too much about unlocks, it's the $10 credit and no tax that do it for me. I'm cheap.:redface:

well to stay on topic i will not be getting this game. due to the fact im a lefty player and fallout had no option to switch the controls. so i was always using vats so i could aim right. trying to aim for me was like trying to write your name with the other hand you dont write with. once my vats was i up i was just getting pissed off trying to aim. if they give an option to switch the thumbsticks i might give it a try.

well to stay on topic i will not be getting this game. due to the fact im a lefty player and fallout had no option to switch the controls. so i was always using vats so i could aim right. trying to aim for me was like trying to write your name with the other hand you dont write with. once my vats was i up i was just getting pissed off trying to aim. if they give an option to switch the thumbsticks i might give it a try.

I'm a lefty and I will never understand this mindset.

I'm a lefty and I will never understand this mindset.

whats not to understand? im lefty and i need lefty controls to be comfortable and actually aim right, how hard is that to understand there tough guy?

Back