fake black belt in San Diego?

It doesn't say Brazilian Jiujitsu anywhere in that website. Why all the fuss?

"Training With" Shamrock.

So...sounds like the instructor rolled with him a few times, and probably got pwned.

There are so many good BJJ BB in SD how could this be?

And Asel actually IS one of those "good BJJ BB's in SD" so if he's asking there might actually be an issue.

I find it completely useless to stir up the pot about something like this when you could have simply gone to his dojo and asked him yourself :icon_conf. You have made some pretty unfounded accusations without gathering facts.
It sounds like Asel has talked to him and I'm wondering if the guy has applied as a coach or something where Asel teaches? Asel?

And what accusations were made? He inquired if anyone knew this guy. I know that Asel is VERY in tune with most of the major BJJ players in the San Diego area (if not all of Southern California?) so if he's asking about the guy then he's most likely been under the radar for quite some time.

Asel-I'm thinking Bob would get back to you fairly quickly? How long has it been?

Because they advertise and don't get the major BB's mad. I imagine if he dissed Dean Lister or something there would be problems.

If he had dissed Dean then Asel would most definitely be aware of it.

I find it completely useless to stir up the pot about something like this when you could have simply gone to his dojo and asked him yourself :icon_conf. You have made some pretty unfounded accusations without gathering facts.

To be fair, stirring up a year+ dead thread with no relevant information is kinda useless too.

Do you have something to share about the individual in question? Have you trained with him?

so for your first post you bring up a thread from over a year ago that was long and dead? nice job stirring the pot moron.

went buy the guys gym last night, it was closed. its your average karate gym. but he does have a bunch of pictures of himself with a bunch of UFC guys. like he was at a UFC event and took a bunch of fanboy pics. the guy looks to be in his 40's or so. offers BJJ/MMA two nights a week. and the rest karate and kickboxing. it does state that he has a black belt in all martial arts inclued bjj.. he has a bunch of info on his front window.

dojo storm, ask questions later.

I agree.
I've found that dojo with a high percentage of red, white & blue coloring to their web site (not to mention the term "dragon" anywhere about) are ripe for humiliation.

Maybe I'll go down there next week to see whats up. Anyone in San Diego wants to go let me know.

Looks like this could be a case for the BJJ police, although I wasn't able find any evidence that he actually claims/ claimed to be a BJJ black belt, either.

flash mental image of a Family Guy-esque skit where there's just a group of nasty BJJ blackbelts that go around policing (i.e., comically assaulting) fraudulent teachers like the A-team or some shit.

Back