Fairtex BGL7 Professional Training Gloves (Updated)

They're the closest Winning clones out there without the high price. Grants are great I wish I had kept my pair.

I actually changed my order from 18oz to 14oz because of OP's post about the 18's swallowing his arm. Bushido, any way yo could compare them to another glove, just out interest? The BGL7's are noticeably longer than my 16oz KOFG's, but just short of the 16oz HeatSeekers. I imagine 4oz more of glove would be huge on an already large glove.[/]

I'm a bit late on answering this, but the length of the cuff on these gloves falls right in between the length of my 16oz Heatseekers and my 16oz Kings. I don't mind the length of the cuff on the 18oz version at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to buy these gloves but can't find them on the website, anyone have a direct link? Thanks

I'm looking to buy these gloves but can't find them on the website, anyone have a direct link? Thanks

They aren't even on their partner store Combat Sports website anymore and CSI didn't even have them on sale. I don't believe they are going to carry Fairtex anymore and must have gotten rid of all their inventory. When I spoke with a rep to order mine a while back, they only had 2 pairs of 14oz left and 16oz were gone.

I originally bought them on Combat Sports International for about $40. Ringside soon after had them for that price.

I don't see the gloves on either site anymore, so I'm guessing they aren't selling them anymore. Fairtex still has them, but for $109.95.

Guess I bought them at the right time.

I actually changed my order from 18oz to 14oz because of OP's post about the 18's swallowing his arm. Bushido, any way yo could compare them to another glove, just out interest? The BGL7's are noticeably longer than my 16oz KOFG's, but just short of the 16oz HeatSeekers. I imagine 4oz more of glove would be huge on an already large glove.

I'm a bit late on answering this, but the length of the cuff on these gloves falls right in between the length of my 16oz Heatseekers and my 16oz Kings. I don't mind the length of the cuff on the 18oz version at all.

Edit: I decided to put these three pairs of gloves on my postal scale to see what the actual weight of each glove was. The 16oz Kings actually weigh in right around 19oz and the 18oz Fairtex BGL7s only weigh about 16.5oz each. MY TU Heatseekers also weighed right at 16.5oz, but would probably closer to 16oz without the HNL converter. Additionally my TU Thai Silencers weigh 17oz.

The one minor complaint that I have about the BGL7s is that the material on the inside of the glove is fairly rough and rubs against the knuckle on my thumbs, which is a bit irritating. It hasn't cut me or anything like that, I will probably just choose to put additional wrap on my thumb from now on. I wouldn't pay the $110 retail for these gloves, but they were a very solid buy for $40.

I have these in 14oz.

At $32.00 this was a great buy, at full price I wouldn't purchase these.

Pros: quality glove, fits great once broken in, good for smaller hands.

Cons: fingertip seam is too bulky, fingertip length is too short, rough lining in the knuckle area, my pair was too tight in the right thumb area(feels fine once broken in).

nppgsz.jpg

2iu9bbc.jpg

14wwqwh.jpg

2mi402t.jpg

amqec4.jpg

2wdv76s.jpg

i dont NEED any more gloves..but i would have loved a pair of these in 12 or 14 oz

anybody want to let some go? willing to buy used at a reasonable price.. i really shat the bed on this deal

how many sessions have u used them and what weight did you get em in?

A little update after some months of use.

All of the problems I had initially are pretty much gone. It took a while to break in, but they feel great. The only thing I dislike is the thumb attachment; while it gives me safety for the thumb, I can't use it for anything, like grabbing stuff or poking my nose.

Otherwise, I can't be happier with the gloves. After I got those defective Ringside IMFs, I appreciate these much, much more.

What do you mean? Are you saying you can't clinch with the gloves? I bought them after you did and I agree that the gloves start off uncomfortable but after a few sessions they feel great.

I like to grab my shirt and pull it down often, or use to scratch my nose or whatnot. I also have the velcro attachment on it, so the thumb would be super helpful there too; I have to rely on my palm/fingers.

I just wish the thumb attachment wasn't at the very tip of the thumb.

The fit breaks in and stretches out with these gloves. Almost conforming to your hand actually. I've used them and really like them.

Back