Fairtex BGL7 Professional Training Gloves (Updated)

NSF1 didn't work for me, so I used the 20% off one instead, which I THINK is mls1. I posted it at the bottom of page one, just to be correct.

I don't know if you can find a deal better than this one.

NOTE: The big Fairtex logo on the gloves are SLIGHTLY pink, similar to those Ringside IMF gloves I saw a while back. It just so happens that the red leather shows through the white logo a little. Not even a concern for me at all.

MLS1 didn't work for me. NSF1 is still working.

I figure if shipping is $10, and $20 off $40 is $8, then $40-$8+$10=$42, vs. the $40 even for the NSF1. Semantics at the price difference.

I may pick these up, just to add to my collection. Because I always need more stuff. Always.

I get my pair today so we'll see if these feel that way to me. I ordered the 18oz versions since I'm a heavyweight :)

I also ordered a pair.

What camera did you use to take the pics, OP?

I just used a Canon Powershot we had laying around. I didn't bother to learn how to change the exposure, shutter speed, or anything like that, so I just set it to "foliage".

Works alright for objects up close, but you have to have the camera on a steady base.

I got my gloves today and after playing with it for a bit they're pretty cool. They're a great buy priced at 40 bucks but I wouldn't pay any more than that. The fit even in 18oz is tight and the whole glove is long that it swallows much of my forearm. They leather and padding is awesome. A very nice glossy leather and quality screen printing. The padding isn't as bad as people would think. I've seen way harder gloves. There is an extra lip in the fingers where It helps me make a tighter fist. I give these a 9 out of 10.

Ahhh this was too good of a deal to pass up, especially considering I've been wanting to pick up a pair of fairtexs.... I picked a pair up in 12 ozs and some boxing trunks for am competition :icon_lol:

I got my gloves today and after playing with it for a bit they're pretty cool. They're a great buy priced at 40 bucks but I wouldn't pay any more than that. The fit even in 18oz is tight and the whole glove is long that it swallows much of my forearm. They leather and padding is awesome. A very nice glossy leather and quality screen printing. The padding isn't as bad as people would think. I've seen way harder gloves. There is an extra lip in the fingers where It helps me make a tighter fist. I give these a 9 out of 10.

I'm only guessing you own a good number of gloves. How do these hold up to any of your other gloves, particularly the ones that you like a lot?

This is only my second pair, and I'm jumping up from entry-entry level gloves.

I just got year gloves in 14oz. Suprisingly fast shipping. Definitely not for sparring.

And very handsome gloves! :D

Any chance those that have more pairs.Could you post side by side comparision pictures?:)

I used them in sparring today we were going heavy and no complaints. I kept it safe on my end by targeting the headgear and the fatter parts of my partners body lol.

I used them in sparring today we were going heavy and no complaints. I kept it safe on my end by targeting the headgear and the fatter parts of my partners body lol.

Picked up an 18oz pair myself this week. I'll stick to bag/pad work with mine as they have the firmest padding of any gloves in my collection. As far as Fairtex gloves go, I like the BGL7 whereas I didn't care for the Fairtex "Super Bag Gloves"/12oz BGV1 Ringside had on sale recently. Could have just been how small they were, but my Hayabusa bag gloves are virtually identical in size and I love those.

I'm glad I came across your comment about the size of the 18s before I ordered, or I would have ended up with 14oz gloves that would have been impossibly small for my hand size. I had ordered an 18oz pair of Fairtex Safety Training Gloves and the hand compartment was ENORMOUS on those. I never seem to get in on a Fairtex sale before the 16s are gone, but the 18s in the BGL7 are probably the best fit for me.

I actually changed my order from 18oz to 14oz because of OP's post about the 18's swallowing his arm. Bushido, any way yo could compare them to another glove, just out interest? The BGL7's are noticeably longer than my 16oz KOFG's, but just short of the 16oz HeatSeekers. I imagine 4oz more of glove would be huge on an already large glove.

I got mine yesterday and these things are STIFF, I'm surprised you used them in sparring clamp lol. You must not like your sparring partner very much :icon_twis

I have harder gloves in my drawer. These are along the lines of Cletos. They're stiff but they dont' hurt that much.

How would you compare these with some of your other gloves Clamp?

I figure you have some gloves that you like a lot, and I was curious as to how these hold up against them.

I like these right now because the width isn't as wide as my other laceups so when it's laced it feels super tight and secure. They're way harder than the TU heatseekers and by Everlast Pros. I say these are my top 3 right now. TU heatseekers are still no. 1, Fairtex laces are 2nd, and Grants are 3rd. My opinion of course. Great buy for $40.00. It's funny because my top 2 gloves cost me $40.00

Wow, ranked higher than Grants.

I wanted to try the heatseekers, but these were so cheap I just bought them instead. Not regretting my purchase in the least :icon_chee

And you shouldn't. I only ranted these higher than Grants because of the price. The quality is just as good however. I showed them to my boxing coach an old timer and he loved them.

hmmm I'm interested in getting a pair of heat seekers if you rate them that highly, i wanted to get grant professionals as my next gloves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back