• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Factual Information & Analysis of the Russo-Ukrainian War

Russia would get destroyed by USA in a war. Don't troll
Not exactly what my point was but it’s not important. A Russian US conventional war is immediately nuclear with tremendous damage globally to a scale that’s catastrophic and absolute. I think that’s a belief held since Russian technology developed intercontinental strike capabilities and undetectable nuclear armed submarines.

It’s always a reason you’re not going to believe. Next I could cite British and French reports that are roughly in line with US estimates. But I would be wasting my time, wouldn’t I?

So let’s just lay it out as it is, you’re only going to believe the Kremlins report that way you’re not wasting my time and we aren’t filling this thread up with a debate that’s never going to go anywhere.

BTW, predictions can be wrong and by August of last year the DoD had updated their prediction that the Ukraine offensive would fail while the offensive was still going on. This is verifiable with google

I've already stated my position in this post. We're not going to get anything close to the actual numbers from ANY source until well after the war is over, historians will probably figure it out around the time when I have grand kids. This little discussion was to illustrate the point that all the claimed casualty numbers we have are flawed, and we shouldn't be casually throwing them around and going "Ukraine/Russia is winning!" We should stick to things which we can actually observe & confirm with a reasonable degree of confidence.

As for the DoD, shit man, it took them till August to figure it out? Attacking into a 50km deep multi-layered trench system with tank traps, minefields, fortifications, and more artillery than the US has in its entire inventory that's backed up by aviation when the Ukrainians had no air support and little mine clearing was only going to end one way. Especially when they telegraphed the entire operation. What kind of retard thought that would succeed in the first place?

Not exactly what my point was but it’s not important. A Russian US conventional war is immediately nuclear with tremendous damage globally to a scale that’s catastrophic and absolute. I think that’s a belief held since Russian technology developed intercontinental strike capabilities and undetectable nuclear armed submarines.
No. Nuclear capabilities is just a defensive measure to stop other countries from invasion. We will never see someone crazy enough to use them in this lifetime

To be fair, Mearsheimer was not the only one saying that. Though the content is inconvenient and hence it’s not really discussed in the mainstream and just dismissed here, as is evident by your post.
He's been discussed at length lol

No. Nuclear capabilities is just a defensive measure to stop other countries from invasion. We will never see someone crazy enough to use them in this lifetime
No to what, dude? Any conventional war with Russia is nuclear. Nuclear assured destruction has assured nuclear peace, it’s why any discussion of some scenario where the US directly engages Russia in ground warfare is fantasy.

Careful thinking that “we will never” shit. In less than 100 years 2 bombs have been dropped and several very close encounters have happened. So, on a probably scale it’s probable.

No to what, dude? Any conventional war with Russia is nuclear. Nuclear assured destruction has assured nuclear peace, it’s why any discussion of some scenario where the US directly engages Russia in ground warfare is fantasy.

Careful thinking that “we will never” shit. In less than 100 years 2 bombs have been dropped and several very close encounters have happened. So, on a probably scale it’s probable.
It's simple. You don't understand obviously. Nuclear war will never happen. It's a defensive measure.

I've already stated my position in this post. We're not going to get anything close to the actual numbers from ANY source until well after the war is over, historians will probably figure it out around the time when I have grand kids. This little discussion was to illustrate the point that all the claimed casualty numbers we have are flawed, and we shouldn't be casually throwing them around and going "Ukraine/Russia is winning!" We should stick to things which we can actually observe & confirm with a reasonable degree of confidence.

As for the DoD, shit man, it took them till August to figure it out? Attacking into a 50km deep multi-layered trench system with tank traps, minefields, fortifications, and more artillery than the US has in its entire inventory that's backed up by aviation when the Ukrainians had no air support and little mine clearing was only going to end one way. Especially when they telegraphed the entire operation. What kind of retard thought that would succeed in the first place?
Yeah. Link to your post where you said all of that before the counteroffensive began or else I don’t give a shit about your hindsight predictions.

The casualty numbers from the dod of course are not spot on but they are in the ballpark. They’re also in line with French and British estimates. You haven’t illustrated that that’s not the case, you’ve simply stated it. That’s your belief so whatever, but you’re wrong.

It does seem a much more difficult position than say the Israel/Gaza situation to have high confidence in exactly what's happening without doing a great deal of research and having to weigh the merits of sources.

I do wonder whether the issue with the Ukrainian counter offensive failure was down to the NATO position being driven by its own PR more so than tactical considerations. When the PR line(in this case that the Russians were on the verge of collapse) becomes so strongly enforced that its not just pushed to general public but also stops any other view from being stated behind the scenes when tactical decisions are made thats almost never a good situation to be in.

Last edited:
I only post on this forum.
Brother, that's a lie. The IRA says you must have at least 5 social media accounts on 3-5 different social media networks. You're lying or you're on the fast track to the gulag.

Brother, that's a lie. The IRA says you must have at least 5 social media accounts on 3-5 different social media networks. You're lying or you're on the fast track to the gulag.
You talk shit. You can't back it up. Please prove me wrong

Back