fact about khabib that may surprise you

"shvili" is the word for "child" and indicates the person's ancestry originates in eastern Georgian. "dze" means "son" and indicates one's family originates from Western Georgia. Either "shvili" or "dze" endings are found in the central part of the country. There are other common non-Georgian endings, like "ia" (Mingrelian) or "iani" (Svaneti). I have no idea who Mr. Patchouli is, but given his last name, his family's side at least is probably Mingrelian.

Eastern Georgia was once the kingdom of Iberia, and Western Georgian was the kingdom of Colchis, which you might know from the Jason & the Argonauts myth. Colchis is the place he went and stole the Golden Fleece from.

thanks for this. also, Mingrelians are from Star Trek and are not a real ethnos. Nice try, though. ;)

This is pretty common for Sambo guys. The depth in freestyle is insane. The guys who can't make it onto the freestyle ladder typically move over to Judo. Then the guys who can't make it on Judo move on to Sambo. From there you see some guys go into MMA.

I am from the Caucus region of Georgia and can confirm, we are stronger than you're average white boys. My first year at wrestling in the 7th grade here in the states my coach would get pissed at me because I never listened to him or cared about technique and instead would hip toss to pin everyone to victory with relative ease.

Edit: Also we're particularly dope in Judo.

This guy...

This guy...

thatguy1.png

Kakha Kaladze was a mountain of a centre-back.

If so, will Khabib ever do this little jig wearing that tribal hat of his that looks like a blonde afro?

I fucking goddamned hope so! btw this is a good thread!

Dagestanis can't be athletic; there aren't any of them in the NFL.

If you're from there I bet EVERYONE can wrestler, even the non-wrestlers. Kinda like Iowa and Oklahoma in the states they just breed wrestling. I mean to win a State title there is crazy

I like watching Khabib fight. That's about all I know.

Unsuccessful in this situation means not good enough to be in the olympics. Wrestlers from the Northern Caucasus region of Russia are some of the best in the world. When Khabib realized he could not hang with them he transitioned to Judo in effort to be a more complete martial artist.

He's still in the top 99.9% of the world, just not Olympic level like some of his fellow countrymen.

That's exactly right.

This is pretty common for Sambo guys. The depth in freestyle is insane. The guys who can't make it onto the freestyle ladder typically move over to Judo. Then the guys who can't make it on Judo move on to Sambo. From there you see some guys go into MMA.

underrated gem of a post. 9/10

bravo.

Russians are winners in life. That's for sure.

By the way, I'm thinking off vacationing in Russia sometime next year. I cannot wait to prove to people that Russia is a great place.

Dagestanis can't be athletic; there aren't any of them in the NFL.

My word, you make a valid point. How can I have missed this. Listen folks, we have proof that Olympic 'rasslers are C level at best; no NFL-level experience!!!

You can't argue with facts, people.

Trained with a guy from Ossetia. Dude is a beast. Very strong and great grappling.

Rogor xar bijo?)

Btw Caucasian people have really close culture and there even some ethnic groups for example living in Georgia, but linguistically and genetically connected to us Chechens and Ingush, like Tushins, or much closer to us the Kists of Pankissi.

I like spending time in Georgia, never seen such gentle cops in my whole life, they were excusing, and telling me stuff like, you are guest of our country, it's such a shame to write you a ticket))))

Someone mentioned differences of Avars and Georgians, first of al it's religion, Avars are muslim, Georgians are mostly very pious Orthodox Christians, so we muslims from Caucasus left out culture of drinking alcohol, but Georgians have maintained it.
I know it sounds funny, but you have to see for yourself even once how Georgians spend their holidays)))

Back