fact about khabib that may surprise you

Eh, 2 gold medals since 1991 really isn't that good, regardless of population. Small countries always try and pull that card, but it's meaningless, really. I believe it's Grenada that was the P4P most athletic country in the world at the 2012 Olympics because they have a small population and got 1 medal. But what does that really mean, a small country getting a medal? It means there's at least one really athletic dude that was born there; it doesn't speak to the inherent qualities of the people, biologically speaking, or even sport culture. There are remarkable individuals born in every country. It's only when you have consistent success that it can be said a whole country is good at something.

Also, the Olympics aren't everything when it comes to wrestling. Examine world championships, too.

Whatever Rex, if there's no convincing you then there's no convincing you. At least you understand one thing though, libertarianism is the only way. Let freedom ring baby.

Whatever Rex, if there's no convincing you then there's no convincing you. At least you understand one thing though, libertarianism is the only way. Let freedom ring baby.

That's true. Bastiat bless.

Had never heard of lezginka but damn, if Khabib would bust out with some of this shit after his wins, he'd be a whole lot more popular and would make me even more of a fan.

Puts the Rothwell post-Overeem celebration dance to shame.

This right here brought me to the kind of laughter that's so hard it's silent. Now, it seems to me that Georgians are getting mixed up in a thread about Dagestanis. Is there a connection there? If so, will Khabib ever do this little jig wearing that tribal hat of his that looks like a blonde afro?

This right here brought me to the kind of laughter that's so hard it's silent. Now, it seems to me that Georgians are getting mixed up in a thread about Dagestanis. Is there a connection there? If so, will Khabib ever do this little jig wearing that tribal hat of his that looks like a blonde afro?

95fab-media_httplfortfilesw_qacqf.jpg

Here's a bonus video of how the Georgian's dance it

[YT]k1BeBjh_3vg[/YT]

95fab-media_httplfortfilesw_qacqf.jpg

Here's a bonus video of how the Georgian's dance it

[YT]k1BeBjh_3vg[/YT]

Truly fancy footwork. Is that map telling me that Dagestanis are a different ethnicity to Georgians? Avar as opposed to Georgians?

Regardless, you guys are easily some of the hairiest dudes I've ever encountered in my life and this is coming from a guy who gets 5 o'clock shadow on his back.

Truly fancy footwork. Is that map telling me that Dagestanis are a different ethnicity to Georgians? Avar as opposed to Georgians?

Regardless, you guys are easily some of the hairiest dudes I've ever encountered in my life and this is coming from a guy who gets 5 o'clock shadow on his back.

The Adyghe/Circassians/Kabardians/Abkhaz are related. The Chechens/Ingush are related. The Avar and some other small ethnic groups in the Dagestan area are related. The Ossetians are related to none of them, as they're an Iranian people, meaning they're distantly related to Persians, Kurds, Tajiks, etc. Georgians are related to the Mingrelians, Svans, and Laz. Azeris are essentially Turks and are related to the Kumyks. Armenians are not related to any of the above except, very, very distantly the Ossetians. To directly answer your question, there's no link between Georgians and Avars, linguistically and (probably) ethnically speaking.

This is all based on linguistic proximity, since I'm interested in linguistics. Sometimes groups can be related linguistically but not ethnically. That may be the case with some of these groups, but who knows? That whole region is poorly understood, linguistically speaking. Probably ethnographically, too.

Pencil neck? I wrestled in college and moved into mma after I graduated, and I would gladly pin you or drive an American knee into your fucking face, you bitch.

Sucks you wrestled in college, cuz you're an ass.

Just being born over there is like the equivalent of a NCAA D1 all american

damn. they must have some grappling voodoo over there at Dagestan. Grappling with bears at a young age must have helped too.

Lesser known fact, the bears he used to wrestler were Koalas.

:)

Although he does have trouble keeping people down despite how many TDs he gets. It was obviously a smart transition for him to be more of a complete fighter.

Lesser known fact, the bears he used to wrestler were Koalas.

:)

Although he does have trouble keeping people down despite how many TDs he gets. It was obviously a smart transition for him to be more of a complete fighter.

but koala's aren't bears.:icon_sad:

Unfortunately other than grappling sports not many, we're decent in soccer and have had some great players excell at the top but otherwise nothing. We do have Zaza Pachulia playing for the Bucks but he's a can.

what's with so many surnames ending in 'adze' and 'idze'and 'ili'? also i never knew pachulia was georgian.

pfft

You can call them marsupials if you want, to me they will always be Koala Bears! That's what we called them growing up and I'm not changing now!

[YT]fB2y52jfRdc[/YT]

Childhood memories...

what's with so many surnames ending in 'adze' and 'idze'and 'ili'? also i never knew pachulia was georgian.

"shvili" is the word for "child" and indicates the person's ancestry originates in eastern Georgian. "dze" means "son" and indicates one's family originates from Western Georgia. Either "shvili" or "dze" endings are found in the central part of the country. There are other common non-Georgian endings, like "ia" (Mingrelian) or "iani" (Svaneti). I have no idea who Mr. Patchouli is, but given his last name, his family's side at least is probably Mingrelian.

Eastern Georgia was once the kingdom of Iberia, and Western Georgian was the kingdom of Colchis, which you might know from the Jason & the Argonauts myth. Colchis is the place he went and stole the Golden Fleece from.

"shvili" is the word for "child" and indicates the person's ancestry originates in eastern Georgian. "dze" means "son" and indicates one's family originates from Western Georgia. Either "shvili" or "dze" endings are found in the central part of the country. There are other common non-Georgian endings, like "ia" (Mingrelian) or "iani" (Svaneti). I have no idea who Mr. Patchouli is, but given his last name, his family's side at least is probably Mingrelian.

Eastern Georgia was once the kingdom of Iberia, and Western Georgian was the kingdom of Colchis, which you might know from the Jason & the Argonauts myth. Colchis is the place he went and stole the Golden Fleece from.

I'm impressed here Rex, you do know you're stuff on the subject. I knew you weren't such a horrible poster under all the trolling.

Khabib will never return to the octagon. He's worse than Cain at getting injured

Back