Facebook's change in the past two years

I have FB but spend no time there. It's a useful tool to keep in touch with my friends and organize events.

I pretty much never look at my feed.

Last edited:
Never really used the newsfeed. FB is just really a directory. You are able to get in touch with whoever you need to if you have them on it. It can be as dumb or good as the network of people you connect with, kinda like real life.

Never had facebook. Everyone I know that is important to me is in my phone, and we call/text/email on a regular basis. Even overseas.

Last time I had a social media account was when I was 20 and myspace was the rage. I had Touch Me I'm Sick by Mudhoney playing in the background and something like "I'm a bastard" in the 'about me' section. Would do it again if I could.

Thanks to whoever mentioned purify thingie. Thats pretty cool.

I miss the days when you had to have .EDU to even get on it. It used to be kinda a cool thing, that most haven't heard about.

I have a FB account because I wanted to watch shitty UFC fights. No other reason. LoL. Now people tag me in shit and I hate them for it

I know what you mean TS. I personally don't think it's that bad, but it's a lot more difficult to go through than it used to be. I like (as in FB like) a few news sites, hip hop and sports related pages and get what I want. I think the more you use it for what you want, the more it gives you what you want.

It's a good place to view on my phone when I'm waking up or have 5 minutes to kill.

It can be a bit like this though:

The whole idea of Facebook seems like too much work. My friends know how to get in touch with me and vice versa.

Plus I don't want to be contacted by people I don't like about shit I don't care about. Back in the old days, they called that 'spam'...

Use Vkontakte, there are no stupid game invitations or news that you don't want to see)

Until Twitter finally increases the amount of characters you can use, I still think Facebook is by far the best social media site around.

You can pretty much control what you see on there, if you get too much shit on your wall it's because you're liking/following too many brands.

Also, has anyone noticed some fighters now spam on their social media?
Cyborg, Wanderlei and Mark Hunt's official profiles now constantly share completely unrelated links.

I just saw from FB Purity that two friends had their accounts temporarily disabled. Is this a glitch, or a coincidence?

I just saw from FB Purity that two friends had their accounts temporarily disabled. Is this a glitch, or a coincidence?
I also use FB Purity and only once did I have it glitch out and say I wasn't friends with someone anymore when I was. I think its just a coincidence more than anything else

Yea everyone loves saying "I only use Facebook to talk to out of town people etc etc"... shut the fuck up. It's a bunch of stupid broads posting pictures trying to likes for being cute, a bunch of dudes trying to stunt and bang chick's they don't know or haven't seen since highschool, or old people throwing up a million pictures of their ugly ass kids and grandkids no one fucking cares about.

I haven't ever used facebook, and somehow with just a smartphone I can stay connected to all my friends and family regardless of geographical location without being on that site.

Facebook is such bullshit nowadays. It's UI plays videos without the sound while scrolling down, multiple advertisements or friend's posts at the same time, but if I actually click on to view the video, it only loads until about 10 seconds of the video until it lags.

I have been trying to view this post on my friend's wall and it only loads about half the way. Farcebook is such shit. Who thought it was a good idea for automatic video loading anyway? Just have the actual user press play when they want to. Stupid cunts.

Last edited:
The only reason I keep my account is to express my over inflated ego and to let my "friends" know how awesome my life is and how self absorbed I am... And let people know who's political opinion is wrong ...

It is now a place where I share Homer Simpson memes all day. Quite sad but I get joy out of doing this once in a while.

I just realized that the changes Facebook had undergone in the past two years has made it completely different. My wall is filled with shit I have no interest in receiving news about: NBA, teen celebrities, promotional ads, memes that aren't funny and wannabe's trying to be famous. I want to hide or unfollow 90% of what is in my wall.

It's like previously going to a place only you and your friends know to hang out, and bit by bit that place got overrun by people you have no association with and bunch of shills handing out flyers and shit. I used to like just logging in and checking photos of fb friends and making stupid jokes through comments. Don't really have a point, I just want the old facebook back.
I just noticed they have a marketplace section now. Rip kijiji

^ One of the reasons I don't think I can deactivate my account, it is just so convenient to reach out to people anywhere with facebook. It is a social necessity imo. For instance, it is the easiest way for me to ask someone for career advise or directions to get somewhere you need to get to, like in a rural place.

Someone close to me went to the hospital recently in another country and facebook was key for communication to check up on her. It's too bad that fb became an online marketplace.

I mostly use Facebook to organise social events, easiest way to organise social events.

A lot of guys on here will tell you to delete it but some of then don't have much social interaction outside of Sherdog or their wives and think the government is spying on them.

facebook-and-you-pigs.jpg

Wasn't it just supposed to be for creeping ex girlfriends?

Back