Explain why Holly doesn't get taken down and her arm broken by Rhonda

Just like we were talking about an OLYMPIC WRESTLER in Cormier that Jones just outwrestled. How does a guy like Gus with no wrestling background stuff Jones takedowns better than Cormier, an Olympian does? Because it's a different game in there. Chael Sonnen outstruck Anderson Silva on the feet in their 1st fight. Nobody would EVER call him a better striker, but when it's a fight, you have to account for the threat of takedowns and who is the more complete fighter. I'm telling you right know, Rousey would outstrike Holm. It's a lock.

I don't care about your achievements in other martial arts, doesn't mean it translates to making you the best in MMA. It has become clear to me that you don't watch MMA period if you don't realize this fact because this very fact was proven just 2 weeks ago when Jones outwrestled Cormier. I, on the other hand, have seen several of Holm's fights.

Jones has Wrestled since he was a child. And gus landing a few tk's Is a heck of a lot different then stand and trading punches with a real Boxer 32-2-3 Champion. I think Ronda wins by putting her on her head and tapping her. if it is a stand up fight Ronda loses. Try watching someone fight before deciding she will be out struck.

Yeah anyway.... Rousey takes this one. It will be one of her easier fights. Just watch. Don't get all stupid on me. Just watch the fight. Not competitive at all.

Just watch......

People stopped talking about her being able to beat Ronda when the UFC signed her.

She would probably have to put RRR out early with power shots from the outside.

25 minutes is plenty of time for RRR to grab that arm but hey I mean a lot of people wondered how Rumble would do off of his back when he faced Davis. It was a given that at some point Rumble was going to be taken down. Rumble had other plans.

Jones has Wrestled since he was a child. And gus landing a few tk's Is a heck of a lot different then stand and trading punches with a real Boxer 32-2-3 Champion. I think Ronda wins by putting her on her head and tapping her. if it is a stand up fight Ronda loses. Try watching someone fight before deciding she will be out struck.
How did Chael outstrike Anderson on the feet? Because Anderson was scared of getting taken down, and left openings. Would be the same for Holm vs. Rousey. And Rousey would destroy her with knees in the clinch like she did to McMann. Rousey TKO's her within a round if she doesn't just choose to arm bar her instead. Could do whatever she wanted to her, really. Just a more gifted fighter and athlete. Deal with it, bro.

You probably think Wonderboy Thompson outstrikes everyone in the WW division, too. That's just not how MMA works. Take a look at it's history and study up.

Yeah anyway.... Rousey takes this one. It will be one of her easier fights. Just watch. Don't get all stupid on me. Just watch the fight. Not competitive at all.

Just watch......

YES! aggression and grappling get it done.

How did Chael outstrike Anderson on the feet? Because Anderson was scared of getting taken down, and left openings. Would be the same for Holm vs. Rousey. And Rousey would destroy her with knees in the clinch like she did to McMann. Rousey TKO's her within a round if she doesn't just choose to arm bar her instead. Could do whatever she wanted to her, really. Just a more gifted fighter and athlete. Deal with it, bro.

You probably think Wonderboy Thompson outstrikes everyone in the WW division, too. That's just not how MMA works. Take a look at it's history and study up.
That is not my argument. my argument is if Ronda stands with her and doesn't attempt TDs she will not outstrike Holly. In reality Ronda will put her on her head and tap her.

Ronda's intelligence & her overall fight ability is good enough to finish Holly in the first round.

hard to eat shots to the grill from your back though

Nu huh

FEDOR%20NOGUEIRA%20WOOPIN.gif

I don't think Holly will be the one to defeat Honda unfortunately.

I've been watching Holly's fights and she is a phenomenal striker, infinitely better than Rhonda.

But once Rhonda gets close and gets her to the ground, what are you seeing in Holly that isn't going to result in her screaming in pain and tapping as Rhonda bends her extended, helpless, arm ?

Ronda*

"If I decide to take Jon Jones down 100 times, I'll take him down 100 times." That is why, you don't have to let the other fighter do what they intend to do.

Sure, but that's because Chael shoots for power doubles, which stifles the kicking game and tends to make a striker, like Andy, lower his guard. Rousey's take downs are predicated by clinch work. I feel Holm's rangy striking wont be affected by that simple fact.

Connor should get the winner. Even though he probably only beats Ronda under the right circumstances.

honda via armbar, r1

Like it or not, she's years ahead of her peers

Back