Explain to me why CM Punk matters

CM Punk is nowhere near The Rock in charisma or mic skill.

CM Punk isn't a movie star like The Rock is either, but that doesn't mean he isn't a star.

That said, Punk is definitely more talented on the mic, The Rock is fun, and is more charismatic, but he just has a bunch of catch phrases he repeats over and over. CM Punk will ad lib all the time.

I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I did watch The Rocks return to Monday Night Raw while interrupting CM Punk's speech, and CM Punk definitely out performed and clowned the Rock.

And that's a good thing, all Punk could do was break kay-fab otherwise his promos sucked.
lol
Watch the boxing with god promo, Punk owened Rock without breaking the kayfabe.

[YT]mr8mfBRsD2s[/YT]

And that's a good thing, all Punk could do was break kay-fab otherwise his promos sucked.

Sorry to break it to you, but kayfabe has been dead for a long time now.

The only thing Rock has is dick jokes and petty insults. He's never dropped a promo like Punk could.

Why as MMA fans do we have to hate everything?.. I've never seen Him wrestle in my life, but I hope he comes in and smashes someone! Why not??.. Saku is/was a wrestler! Everyone should always remember that!!

Saku could actually fight and had legit victories over Royce and Belfort.

Whats CMPunk going to do? Talk on the mike for 15mins?

Sorry to break it to you, but kayfabe has been dead for a long time now.

The only thing Rock has is dick jokes and petty insults. He's never dropped a promo like Punk could.

Of course it's dead, but referring to people by their real names and talking about backstage shit is all Punk could do.

Look, I am not questioning the legitimacy of the UFC signing him as a business move or whether or not he will get smashed once he faces credible opposition, both of those topics have been rehashed to death.

As someone who hasn't watched wrestling since maybe the mid-90's, I am just trying to understand CM Punk's star appeal. Honestly, if you gave me the WWE roster and I got to pick 10 guys I thought were the most popular, or who would be most intriguing as a cross-over talent, CM Punk wouldn't cross my mind.

Why is this guy cool? What does this guy do that makes people pay attention? Honestly, I have no idea and I am trying to understand.

I am not trying to bash professional wrestling, but I can't for the life of me understand why so many people are so interested in this CM Punk guy competing in the UFC. Love him or hate him, Brock Lesnar is a physical monster and captures the imagination in the same way Kimbo, Pudz or Bob Sapp did (although he was a much more legitimate athlete than those guys). I can understand why guys would freak out about the prospect of a guy with the look and charisma of The Rock competing in MMA, even if better judgment suggested they'd get killed, but CM Punk?

I don't get it. He is a somewhat flabby middleweight who looks like he came out of the nearest trailer park. Can any of you wrestling fans explain to me how and why this guy is a star?

cm-punk-9.jpg

CM_Punk_RAW_800.jpg

He matters because he's going to ruin MMA.... right?

lol
Watch the boxing with god promo, Punk owened Rock without breaking the kayfabe.

[YT]mr8mfBRsD2s[/YT]

This.

Rock has NEVER matched this promo, or his original pipebomb.

Because win or lose, he'll get new fans interested a lot of people know his name and that will sell, he's also interesting to listen to.

CM Punk isn't a movie star like The Rock is either, but that doesn't mean he isn't a star.

That said, Punk is definitely more talented on the mic, The Rock is fun, and is more charismatic, but he just has a bunch of catch phrases he repeats over and over. CM Punk will ad lib all the time.

I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I did watch The Rocks return to Monday Night Raw while interrupting CM Punk's speech, and CM Punk definitely out performed and clowned the Rock.

Only reason he "clowned" The Rock is because they didn't want to have The Rock burry the talent when he was only part time.

You'd have to watch his work. He's just different. He has a unique charisma about him and came across as the guy who wasn't afraid to speak out.

He was also put on really great matches. He's not your typical pro-wrestler and that's what made him work. If you could compare him to anyone, I'd say it would be Roddy Piper. Not the best body but damn good on the mic and very entertaining.

2.31 million Twitter followers and counting. That's 1.3 million more than GSP and almost more than the entire UFC roster combined.

Freak show fight his fans will come over to see him fight.. Dana used to say he never wanted to do the freak show fights.. Toney/Randy broke the mold.. Kinda sad..

He's not.

Now, Ric Flair competing in the UFC at age 72? That would be a spectacle I'd pay to see.

I mean, Punk got a good match out of a rusty, gassed out of his mind Rock at the Rumble.

Dude was just a special talent, and politics took him away from wrestling fans before he should have been

In regards to mma, he doesn't matter...his first fight is going to look like an episode of Bully Beatdown.

Rock could have burried there on the spot if he wanted to.

How? He did what he always do, just saying a lot of stupid catch phrases and trying to make the other wrestler look like and idiot without any seriousness on his words.

I like The Rock, but this is not 1999 anymore.

He doesn't matter. A few wrestling fans will pay money to watch him lose to some nobody a couple of times, then he will be gone.

On another note, is that a Pepsi logo tattooed on his arm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back