Explain to me why CM Punk matters

You are wrong. Saku and CM Punk are totally different. Saku was a really good Amateur Wrestling in High School and College. He then started doing Catch Wrestling while doing Pro Wrestling. The only Pro Wrestler who has a similar background to Saku is Bret Hart. Legit Amateur Wrestlers growing up who trained catch wrestling that went to Pro Wrestling.

Lol easy, Buddy.. Nothing I said was wrong.. Saku is and was a wrestler.. that's is all I said.. And I am 100% correct.

name recognition, that's it, otherwise hed be going through the ammy circuit where he belongs.

its gonna be a farce basically, brock at least had real skills and proved himself first. thats why i will never understand the hate on brocks ufc run.

It only matters if you care.

I just don't go in the threads, don't watch the Q&A's, and it's like he's not even there.

Punk gave intelligent, adult promos that could make you think.

Rock gave promos to make kids and simpletons cheer.

In terms of delivery and charisma Rock is the better. Content-wise, Punk wins every day of the week.

Still, neither of them touches the promo GOAT Paul E. Heyman

Pretty spot on
Also The Rock has his old WWE writer (Brian Gewirtz)come back to script his lines whenever he returns.
He also went to last years Mania the night before to rehearse his "impromptu" part while Austin & Hogan winged it (Hogan of course screwing up)).
Back in the day, Brian Gewirtz would be off camera holding cue words for Rock in all his backstage skits as well & of course on a RAW from a few years ago it was shown he had lines written on his arm lol

rockynotes_original_original_crop_north.jpg

if only kurt angle tried mma. he might be even the goat wwe superstar to try mma. i personaly think kurt as the best entertainer

If he wants to fight in the UFC he should fight actual UFC fighters. If they bring in some 1-0 schmuck off the streets to fight him that is completely disgraceful for the UFC.

If he is a MW give him a real MW. Let Vitor kick his fucking head into the really expensive floor seats and then we can have Dana ask him if he "really wants to be a fucking ultimate fighter"... that ought to please the wrasslin fans.

He wants to compete in MMA. He could probably satisfy that desire at some local show where no one outside of the club it is at would ever see it except for on someone's crappy cell phone video on YouTube. That, however, would be incredibly stupid.

CM Punk is very popular and will bring a lot of viewers in for his fight. This will earn him and the UFC a lot of money. It makes no sense to turn down that money just so some Sherdoggers will not feel bad about some "wrassler" with no MMA experience sullying the good name of their sport/favorite brand.

In fact, many of those who are spurned by this will probably by the PPV to watch him lose which further increases the value of having his fights in the UFC rather than *insert random name here* Fight League.

Further, all the other fighters on the card will get much more exposure due to the extra audience brought in to watch CM Punk compete. This is a win for CM Punk, the UFC, and the other fighters.

My mates who like WWE didn't watch the UFC, they watched Brock's fights where they could (ie - they found a torrent or stream of that fight alone). None of them had any interest in any other fight on the card, just Lesnar's.

The same will happen with CM Punk. Dana has this weird imaginary world where signing a pro-wrestler will send ratings through the roof and bring lots of new money to the UFC. This happened with Lesnar as he held the title, so U.S/Canadian WWE fans paid the money to see it.

Punk will never get within earshot of a title fight, even if he proves to be 'decent'. So it won't have anywhere near the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back