Explain to me why CM Punk matters

I mean, Punk got a good match out of a rusty, gassed out of his mind Rock at the Rumble.

Dude was just a special talent, and politics took him away from wrestling fans before he should have been

Naw, Punk was probably the most overrated wrestler of the past 5 years and easily the worst champion of the past decade.

How? He did what he always do, just saying a lot of stupid catch phrases and trying to make the other wrestler look like and idiot without any seriousness on his words.

I like The Rock, but this is not 1999 anymore.

There was so much more he could have said that he obviously held back on, all he needed to say was how he's the biggest star in the history of the WWE while Punk was one of the worst drawing champs and couldn't even main event over Cena while being the champ.

Oh, and some people hate CM Punk because he worked as a Professional Wrestler. Shane Carwin was an engineer; Brett Rogers was changing tires at Walmart. Everyone who wants to compete in MMA had to come from somewhere, right?

They should come from another pro MMA org with at least one win. Shit, at least one fight.

That's the real problem. I don't have a problem with him. He seems cool but the situation is a huge joke.

The UFC cares more about $$$ from casuals than furthering the sport and trying to make it respectable. Most of us had accepted this but this took it to a whole new level.

Naw, Punk was probably the most overrated wrestler of the past 5 years and easily the worst champion of the past decade.

He became the greatest wrestler of this generation without a real big push from vince mcmahon.

He was underrated by WWE.

I would even put his pipe bomb on kevin nash better than almost anything rock did on the mic

Another "pipe bomb" kind of proving my point that those are the only kind of promos he could do that were anything above average.

He became the greatest wrestler of this generation without a real big push from vince mcmahon.

Yeah, because having a 400+ day championship title reign isn't a big push, he was the product of a weak roster, and nowhere near the best of his generation.

Does he have a Pepsi tatoo on his arm?

Yeah, because having a 400+ day championship title reign isn't a big push, he was the product of a weak roster, and nowhere near the best of his generation.

A long title reign without maint event matches, he hold the title
only to drop it to the rock at RR,it wanst really a big push.

He's argurably the greatest wrestler of this generation and no one
made a biggger impact than him in WWE after his pipe bomb.

You're probably just another stupid john cena fan.

Pretty much.

Constantly got his legs cut out from under him, putting him under Cena on cards (understandable though, no one works above Cena), jobbing him out to part timers with two catchphrases, nearly killing him by ignoring his injuries, ignoring his creative input and giving the ideas to others.

It was a mess. The UFC is lucky to have him. He'll bring attention to the sport that no one else, barring an NFL or NBA player joining, can.

Cm Punk have more charisma and mic skills than anyone, inclundin The Rock, also he was x100 much better wrestler.

You're probably one of these stipid fans thant only love bodybuilders wrestler with personality.

LMAO no. He's severely overrated by his insane fans. He'll never be on the level of guys like Rock, Hogan, and Austin in terms of charisma. Nobody gave a fuck about this guy for seven years until he started speaking about behind the scenes shit that they don't want you to know.

I do not think he matters much either way. He is not ruining MMA nor is he likely to usher in a new Brocktober.

To me he seems like a man who wants to prove something to himself, and his previous success in a different profession has given him leverage to fight in the UFC rather than in some regional org. More power to him, that takes balls.

Yea this man was such a great champion.....

themiz.jpg

because he's going to bring in people to view the spectacle - that's what it's become.

how pathetic is that a guy with no fight experience - no bjj, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling background - gets to come in and have the red carpet rolled out for them.

while others who've paid dues, and still are, will never get the chance.

That's entertainment.

Back