Explain to me Why Citizen Kane isn't the Greatest Movie of All Time

Because there are better movies that have been made.

Sad fact...I own Ragnarok, Infinity War, Dr Strange, X-men First Class, X-men Days of Future Past, X-men Apocalypse,

Its my filthy secret....My comfort movies...I fall asleep to these all the time. I was a comic kid, what can I say?<Fedor23>

I watch them all, but I can't watch many of them a second time.

It's not my favorite, but my favorites have to bow down in the pure, non-sloppy, sense. What was done in that movie made movies movies. How do you put Casablance or Gone with the Wind in the same sentence. There are perfect movies, but there aren't movies that flat-out, there was before and after this movie. What took Hitchcock a lifetime, Welles was doing chewing bubble gum, terrorizing the c untry and fucking Rita Heyworth. It''s not a cocky statement, I was just wondering on what grounds the choice of someone's second best matches up outside of emotional personal subjectivity

Waitasec... he fucked Rita Hayworth?

Way to go, kid!

(said in #18 voice)

It’s consider the best file ever made but it’s really boring ... like maybe I’m not into sleds but it’s pretty boring

Because it's boring and outdated. Being revolutionary for it's time doesn't make something the goat

It’s consider the best file ever made but it’s really boring ... like maybe I’m not into sleds but it’s pretty boring

pretty sure there is a lot better files out there.

I enjoy watching older films, but never could see the appeal of Citizen Kane.

Back