Opinion Explain the Great Reset to me

It’s mental food for reactionary right wingers who live in their own made up version of reality.

I’m taking 50k bets this never happens from anyone who wants to bet me.

These are 8 things that the World Economic Forum predicts/wants by 2030.

"You won't own anything..... You will rent it and it will be delivered by drone."

There's far more information on the link I posted than that, that's just a brief introductory video for a presentation.

EDIT - These are the stated goals

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies, and new rules governing intellectual property, trade, and competition.

The second component of a Great Reset agenda would ensure that investments advance shared goals, such as equality and sustainability. Here, the large-scale spending programs that many governments are implementing represent a major opportunity for progress. The European Commission, for one, has unveiled plans for a €750 billion ($826 billion) recovery fund. The US, China, and Japan also have ambitious economic-stimulus plans.

Rather than using these funds, as well as investments from private entities and pension funds, to fill cracks in the old system, we should use them to create a new one that is more resilient, equitable, and sustainable in the long run. This means, for example, building “green” urban infrastructure and creating incentives for industries to improve their track record on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics.

The third and final priority of a Great Reset agenda is to harness the innovations of the Fourth Industrial Revolution to support the public good, especially by addressing health and social challenges. During the COVID-19 crisis, companies, universities, and others have joined forces to develop diagnostics, therapeutics, and possible vaccines; establish testing centers; create mechanisms for tracing infections; and deliver telemedicine. Imagine what could be possible if similar concerted efforts were made in every sector.
It's called "a wolf in sheep's clothing"...the same propaganda used throughout history

You'll find the Murdoch channels ranting about it pretty heavily. As they usually do when someone suggests increasing taxation on the wealthy or breaking up media empires.

If you've read the site you have to admit that it's pretty hilarious that they'd run with CT angles about it involving the "elites" taking money from public and cementing control. Utter contempt for the intelligence and fact checking ability of their own audience.
The biggest campaign I've seen was actually about continuing positive trends from the pandemic, such as working from home and riding pushbikes instead of using public transport.

I haven't seen anything negative yet, but like I say I'm open to it if there is any.

I am starting to get the impression that people are just using the great reset as a boogeyman without actually knowing what any of it entails though. I was just hoping that people so strongly against something would know what it is.

They have a full discussion about it at this link. I haven't watched it all yet, but it might be worth you watching to get a better idea of it.

https://www.weforum.org/events/worl...t-if-privacy-becomes-a-luxury-good-davos-2017
yeah its all obvious stuff, the whole point is to continue the trend as described in successive WEF meetings of widening the gap between rich and poor and increasing the hegemony of the elite ruling class through economic warfare and manipulation and they think because they are so clever and people are dumb they can just dress it up and people wont catch on and they are mostly right

It’s mental food for reactionary right wingers who live in their own made up version of reality.

I’m taking 50k bets this never happens from anyone who wants to bet me.

We shall see but when you the most liberal Canadian prime minster talking about it. You know this is what they will be pushing for it. When i heard about this whole great reset i to thought of it as a ridicules nonsense.

Hellowhosthat, its nice to meet you!

why would the GOP embrace a tax reform that does anything by slash the rates on the topmost earners and agree to distribute the wealth a bit more evenly?

cutting taxes for the superwealthy is their raison d'etre. the Great Reset would cause the GOP to lose their only policy rationale for existing. lol.

i see it as a non-starter, my friend.

- IGIT

Hi IGIT,

I'm from England and don't claim to be an expert in US politics. I don't think the great reset would ever be implemented as a whole, but I do think that there are some good ideas in there that it would be nice for our leaders to look into.

What positive about increased access to medicine for poor people?

Quite a bit really.
Yes your also missing the part where this whole great reset said. They want to make sure that you that don't own anything. Not even your own, things. Nothing that you own is yours. Therefore you would be happy. Sounds like a good positivity about it isn't it?

Imagine telling a poor family in Europe, Asia they own nothing.

We shall see but when you the most liberal Canadian prime minster talking about it. You know this is what they will be pushing for it. When i heard about this whole great reset i to thought of it as a ridicules nonsense.

Justin Trudeau talking about how we need a Reset

These are 8 things that the World Economic Forum predicts/wants by 2030.

"You won't own anything..... You will rent it and it will be delivered by drone."

That's just a predicting the future video, unless you also think part of the great reset is to go to Mars?

So take the bet. 50k

That's just a predicting the future video, unless you also think part of the great reset is to go to Mars?
It's more than that, the World Economic Forum is calling for a "Reset." Those are the things they want.

Centralized global control over your life, you owning no property does not happen by itself. This can only happen if it's orchestrated.

Imagine a government/public officials/MSM telling you that you don't own nothing anything that you bought or made is not yours, that is not your property. What's the point about healthcare when you live in a society that doesn't acknowledge your belonging or your children as well as your own property but those things belong to them.

I don't see that as positivity, you loss more of your freedoms and rights. You don't gain.Whats the point of having access to healthcare when you don't have any freedoms, rights or rights to your own property?

How is that even democartic and free?
My family members during World War II fought for freedom agaisnt facism. If you want to know what faicsm sounds like? well this to me sounds like a very fascist/fascism and abit of communist agenda

Yes your also missing the part where this whole great reset said. They want to make sure that you that don't own anything. Not even your own, things. Nothing that you own is yours. Therefore you would be happy. Sounds like a good positivity about it isn't it?

Imagine telling a poor family in Europe, Asia they own nothing.

It doesn't say that though.

Hi IGIT,

I'm from England and don't claim to be an expert in US politics. I don't think the great reset would ever be implemented as a whole, but I do think that there are some good ideas in there that it would be nice for our leaders to look into.

hello again my friend,

the goals that i read in your post, regarding the Great Reset, sound pretty good to me.

many of the initiatives that the Great Reset espouses seem to be kind of progressive ideas (stuff like promoting green energy & working to separate oneself from fossil fuels...addressing wealth disparity, etc).

as such, i don't think they'll gain much traction in the US, as half the country opposes these sorts of things.

- IGIT

Back