Opinion Explain the Great Reset to me

One thing I saw from the Great Reset and the WEF said that you will not own anything and you will be happy.

In communism, private property is replaced by public property, the state owns it, you don't.
Where did you see that? Is that part of their mission statement?

Well you said the stated goals sounded fair and this is the stated goal is equitable OUTCOME
Are you talking about this?

"The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies, and new rules governing intellectual property, trade, and competition."

More fair and equitable outcomes through changes in trade agreements, tax policies and subsidizing. It's rather vague, but saying that this means everything should be equal for everyone doesn't follow. That's not what they mention here.

Egalitarianism is part of the social fabric in most social democracies, yet no one is saying that everything should be equal. That's impossible.

One thing I saw from the Great Reset and the WEF said that you will not own anything and you will be happy.

In communism, private property is replaced by public property, the state owns it, you don't.

Can you provide a link to that?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

"Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes."

author says this is just an idea to be considered the future might be like, i dunno read this article and consider it

guranteed some people are going to own things, prob 100% of all things, as opposed to the ~60-70% they prob at now
She didn't say it was an idea.

Author's note: Some people have read this blog as my utopia or dream of the future. It is not. It is a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse. I wrote this piece to start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.

So, it's a "what-if" thought experiment about the future of technology, setting up a discussion of the pros and cons of automatization, in a blog from five years ago. What's the big deal?

Author's note: Some people have read this blog as my utopia or dream of the future. It is not. It is a scenario showing where we could be heading - for better and for worse. I wrote this piece to start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development. When we are dealing with the future, it is not enough to work with reports. We should start discussions in many new ways. This is the intention with this piece.

So, it's a "what-if" thought experiment about the future of technology, in a blog from five years ago. What's the big deal?
yeah i already said that, you just repeated me and didnt actually give your feedback on it, nicely done

"author says this is just an idea to be considered the future might be like, i dunno read this article and consider it"

I've seen a lot of people use the Great Reset hashtag to explain some sort of totalitarian global government that's on the horizon a lot on here and on Twitter.

I've also been told they were openly talking about taking the steps they were going to take.

I've since looked at the open information on the World Economic Forum's site linked below

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/

I can't see anything on there that seems related to what people talk about on here. I've started to watch a couple of vidoes and will watch more but from what I've watched so far the president of Colombia wants to increase availability of technology to poor people and allow poor farmers to broker direct deals and cut out the middleman and make virtual doctors available to people in poor areas who struggle to get access to medicine.

What's negative about that?

You'll find the Murdoch channels ranting about it pretty heavily. As they usually do when someone suggests increasing taxation on the wealthy or breaking up media empires.

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies, and new rules governing intellectual property, trade, and competition.

If you've read the site you have to admit that it's pretty hilarious that they'd run with CT angles about it involving the "elites" taking money from public and cementing control. Utter contempt for the intelligence and fact checking ability of their own audience.
The biggest promotional campaign I've seen from the WEF was actually about continuing positive trends from the pandemic, such as working from home and riding pushbikes instead of using public transport.

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Hellowhosthat, its nice to meet you!

why would the GOP embrace a tax reform that does anything by slash the rates on the topmost earners and agree to distribute the wealth a bit more evenly?

cutting taxes for the superwealthy is their raison d'etre. the Great Reset would cause the GOP to lose their only policy rationale for existing. lol.

i see it as a non-starter, my friend.

- IGIT

Back