Opinion Explain the Great Reset to me

I've seen a lot of people use the Great Reset hashtag to explain some sort of totalitarian global government that's on the horizon a lot on here and on Twitter.

I've also been told they were openly talking about taking the steps they were going to take.

I've since looked at the open information on the World Economic Forum's site linked below

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/

I can't see anything on there that seems related to what people talk about on here. I've started to watch a couple of vidoes and will watch more but from what I've watched so far the president of Colombia wants to increase availability of technology to poor people and allow poor farmers to broker direct deals and cut out the middleman and make virtual doctors available to people in poor areas who struggle to get access to medicine.

What's negative about that?

On paper, it makes no sense - these people want money and wealth more than anything and having 90% of people on unemployment benefits isn't going to garner wealth...........on paper. I have no idea, but what I do know, is they are talking about this and so something about it must make sense to them, financially and in terms of power and control.

They have publicly advertised the 2030 "you will own nothing, and you will be happy" thing - that is sinister as fuck in terms of the wording. It reads more like a threat. That's about as far into it as I go, I can't make my mind up about it at present.

On paper, it makes no sense - these people want money and wealth more than anything and having 90% of people on unemployment benefits isn't going to garner wealth...........on paper. I have no idea, but what I do know, is they are talking about this and so something about it must make sense to them, financially and in terms of power and control.

They have publicly advertised the 2030 "you will own nothing, and you will be happy" thing - that is sinister as fuck in terms of the wording. It reads more like a threat. That's about as far into it as I go, I can't make my mind up about it at present.

I don't think that's as big an issue as people are making it out to be tbh. It's part of a prediction thing with some daft stuff on there and it was 4 years ago and seems entirely separate from the whole great reset thing. It's a predictions for the future piece, it also follows on by saying that we'll just rent things instead and it doesn't seem to imply that there's no freedom of choice, just that it would be easier with whatever whoever made that video is envisaging.

I've spent a bit of time flicking through their site though and they do all kinds of stuff that's just basically openly sharing ideas for the future and a lot of it isn't organised (it's just the opinion of whoever is writing it) and they openly debate this stuff in discussion forums that are recorded and online.

I haven't watched nearly enough of the debates on their site to have a clear picture myself, but I'd suggest it's worth doing so as I don't think anyone who's telling you how terrible it all is have watched much if any of it either.

I don't think that's as big an issue as people are making it out to be tbh. It's part of a prediction thing with some daft stuff on there and it was 4 years ago and seems entirely separate from the whole great reset thing. It's a predictions for the future piece, it also follows on by saying that we'll just rent things instead and it doesn't seem to imply that there's no freedom of choice, just that it would be easier with whatever whoever made that video is envisaging.

I've spent a bit of time flicking through their site though and they do all kinds of stuff that's just basically openly sharing ideas for the future and a lot of it isn't organised (it's just the opinion of whoever is writing it) and they openly debate this stuff in discussion forums that are recorded and online.

I haven't watched nearly enough of the debates on their site to have a clear picture myself, but I'd suggest it's worth doing so as I don't think anyone who's telling you how terrible it all is have watched much if any of it either.

"Build Back Better" has a lot of good stuff behind it, for me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to build a better planet and move towards different ways of working etc..........what raises my red flag, is when everyone is parroting the exact same catchphrase. That smacks of a larger force at work above countries' governments, pushing them to push the narrative.

It makes no sense to see that catchphrase on the desk of (was it, Imran Khan, unsure) while the exact same thing is on Joe Biden's desk. These countries are worlds apart in pretty much every aspect of human life. Something about it raises flags to me, but again, on paper it doesn't make any sense to me for the "great reset" to involve robbing everyone of their property and jobs.

Sure, take everyone's homes. What you gonna do with them? Who you gonna sell them to? It doesn't make sense, its a bit weird the whole concept.

"Build Back Better" has a lot of good stuff behind it, for me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to build a better planet and move towards different ways of working etc..........what raises my red flag, is when everyone is parroting the exact same catchphrase. That smacks of a larger force at work above countries' governments, pushing them to push the narrative.

It makes no sense to see that catchphrase on the desk of (was it, Imran Khan, unsure) while the exact same thing is on Joe Biden's desk. These countries are worlds apart in pretty much every aspect of human life. Something about it raises flags to me, but again, on paper it doesn't make any sense to me for the "great reset" to involve robbing everyone of their property and jobs.

Sure, take everyone's homes. What you gonna do with them? Who you gonna sell them to? It doesn't make sense, its a bit weird the whole concept.

They have forums where they discuss things openly, I haven't seen one on how that might theoretically work but I'll let you know if I come across it.

If there's something truly nefarious going on (which I'm not saying there isn't, I don't know) then I doubt they'd put all the information online for people to look at on a website.

There's literally nothing about abolishing private property in anything from their mind map to their podcasts, website or policy statements. It seems particularly unlikely given it's the WEF.
The same video that is being quoted as describing a policy goal talks about printing organs instead of transplants, the displacement of millions due to climate change and the search for alien life and/or the human expansion away from Earth. Clearly not a policy document.
If anything it smacks of hypocrisy from the World Economic Forum, given their historical role as the cheerleader for international neoliberalism.
Of course the CT is being heavily promoted by Murdoch's tabloid outlets, like Sky News. Calling Klaus Schwab a, "dangerous marxist" is particularly hilarious.

I like that you point to them being retarded as evidence people who think differently are wrong

I just don't think that is evidence that they're doing what people are saying they're doing, that's all.

Because you're not putting a single brain cell to work. How do you make outcomes more equal. You take.

Again it says fairer outcomes and none of the methods discussed in order to do that (which noone is linking to for some reason, just this one) involve you not owning anything.

There's literally nothing about abolishing private property in anything from their mind map to their podcasts, website or policy statements. It seems particularly unlikely given it's the WEF.
The same video that is being quoted as describing a policy goal talks about printing organs instead of transplants, the displacement of millions due to climate change and the search for alien life and/or the human expansion away from Earth. Clearly not a policy document.
If anything it smacks of hypocrisy from the World Economic Forum, given their historical role as the cheerleader for international neoliberalism.
Of course the CT is being heavily promoted by Murdoch's tabloid outlets, like Sky News. Calling Klaus Schwab a, "dangerous marxist" is particularly hilarious.

I don't think I've ever heard a madder term than "printing organs" in my life. Not saying it's a bad thing by any means, it's just fucking insane!

when you'd be doing so well playing a Nintendo video game, earning high scores etc. - then someone hits the 'reset' button ..

when best friends become lifelong long enemies.

I don't think I've ever heard a madder term than "printing organs" in my life. Not saying it's a bad thing by any means, it's just fucking insane!

Their mind map throws around a lot of tech buzz words like 3D printing, blockchain, quantum computing, Internet of Things and Fourth Industrial Revolution, but they don't really say all that much about them that I could see (in terms of actual policy or planning, they did have William Gibson quotes).
Just a bunch of hand waving about making sure the education system equips the current generation for the skills needed in the future workforce (mostly an emphasis on coding at school).

There's far more information on the link I posted than that, that's just a brief introductory video for a presentation.

EDIT - These are the stated goals

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies, and new rules governing intellectual property, trade, and competition.

The second component of a Great Reset agenda would ensure that investments advance shared goals, such as equality and sustainability. Here, the large-scale spending programs that many governments are implementing represent a major opportunity for progress. The European Commission, for one, has unveiled plans for a €750 billion ($826 billion) recovery fund. The US, China, and Japan also have ambitious economic-stimulus plans.

Rather than using these funds, as well as investments from private entities and pension funds, to fill cracks in the old system, we should use them to create a new one that is more resilient, equitable, and sustainable in the long run. This means, for example, building “green” urban infrastructure and creating incentives for industries to improve their track record on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics.

The third and final priority of a Great Reset agenda is to harness the innovations of the Fourth Industrial Revolution to support the public good, especially by addressing health and social challenges. During the COVID-19 crisis, companies, universities, and others have joined forces to develop diagnostics, therapeutics, and possible vaccines; establish testing centers; create mechanisms for tracing infections; and deliver telemedicine. Imagine what could be possible if similar concerted efforts were made in every sector.

Wait, is this supposed to be bad?

I don't see any issue with any of the goals stated there. I started the thread because I'm open minded as to what other information people can provide (as long as it's reasonably sourced).

I don't have a concrete opinion yet.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions

I do understand that we’re like the slaves of olden days. Just working to build up the “higher class”. That’s how the pyramids got built and what a pyramid is.

But we’re also a lot better off than slaves from that or any time. We got iPhones.

I mean you can’t whip anyone anymore. Now they just talk down to and pity anyone below them through Twitter and legislation that never gets passed.

Back