Every Tristar fighter has been losing. Camp collapsed?

Dramovitch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rory lost

Olivier Aubin-Mercier lost

Makdessi lost

Randa Markos lost

Sage lost and isn't even there much

Duffy lost

Alex Garcia lost and looked 1 dimensional, even tried to lay & pray

Nordine Taleb is about to lose to Erik Silva on Mar 5

Has that camp completely collapsed or what? Is Firas spending too much time self-promoting on youtube?

They all point fight or look like they are sparring, or try to lay and pray & win on points but always lose. And worse, they all seem happy about it. Does Firas give gold stars & trophies for participation?

They've become such a weak gym.

Rory lost a war against Lawler and was ahead on the scorecards; he's lost to only the champ and the most recent challenger. Stopped reading at his name.

it's not like tristar ever had too much going for them other than gsp. rory is still one of the best in the division

Rory lost a war against Lawler and was ahead on the scorecards; he's lost to only the champ and the most recent challenger. Stopped reading at his name.

This is the gold star attitude I hate.

In the fight game you either win or lose. He lost.

I would make this topic about Nova união

GSP is next if he come backs.

Too many sharks for the old guy handle.

This is the gold star attitude I hate.

In the fight game you either win or lose. He lost.
I'm aware of how that works. Can you explain how you can contribute a career like Rory's to a "camp collapse?" His record and his most recent loss aren't really indicative of being on the decline.

It's just coincidence. They happen to have had a bad run recently. They have some recent wins too. The British fighters Breese, Allen, Stevie Ray all won their last fights. Ryan Hall just won TUF. And Saffiedine moved to Tristar before his last fight. I think Kajan Johnson too IIRC

Ouch .. it does make one wonder if Tristar as a camp has simply been the beneficiary of GSP's accomplishments. Rory is undeniable though, even with his losses, so ..

I'm aware of how that works. Can you explain how you can contribute a career like Rory's to a "camp collapse?" His record and his most recent loss aren't really indicative of being on the decline.

If you aren't on the incline, you have plateaued or are on the decline.

Would it be okay to go 5 rounds with a tough guy like Hendricks and then get knocked out?

No, you take him out in 1 like Thompson. That's a winner.

Camps aren't magic. Sometimes it's not the best match for a fighter, sometimes the fighters are just plain overmatched, and sometimes shit just happens.

I never thought of Tristar as a powerhouse gym to begin with so this doesn't seem like a big deal.

I've always thought Firas Zahabi looks suspiciously like Edmond Tarverdyan. They even speak with similar accents and Tarverdyan has that identity theft case from several years ago. What if it had something to do with Zahabi? Fishy as F. Anyway, the gym and Firas got undue respect because of GSP/blind luck.

I saw someone talking about UFC being pushed to TSN 5 (I'm assuming it's like Fox Sports 5) while TSN 1-4 are running tennis and curling. MMA in Canada = dead. Time to pull the plug and never go there again.

Rory lost

Olivier Aubin-Mercier lost

Makdessi lost

Randa Markos lost

Sage lost and isn't even there much

Duffy lost

Alex Garcia lost and looked 1 dimensional, even tried to lay & pray

Nordine Taleb is about to lose to Erik Silva on Mar 5

Has that camp completely collapsed or what? Is Firas spending too much time self-promoting on youtube?

They all point fight or look like they are sparring, or try to lay and pray & win on points but always lose. And worse, they all seem happy about it. Does Firas give gold stars & trophies for participation?

They've become such a weak gym.
Ryan Hall and Wonderboy just won their last fights....

If you aren't on the incline, you have plateaued or are on the decline.

Would it be okay to go 5 rounds with a tough guy like Hendricks and then get knocked out?

No, you take him out in 1 like Thompson. That's a winner.[/QUOTE
No red herrings please. Just answer the question.

I've always thought Firas Zahabi looks suspiciously like Edmond Tarverdyan. They even speak with similar accents and Tarverdyan has that identity theft case from several years ago. The guy is fishy as F. Anyway, the gym and Firas got undue respect because of GSP/blind luck. I saw someone talking about UFC being pushed to TSN 5 (I'm assuming it's like Fox Sports 5) while TSN 1-4 are running tennis and curling. MMA in Canada = dead. Time to pull the plug and never go there again.
GSP blind luck? Firas is nothing like Edmond. Firas is one of the top coaches in MMA. He's the real deal.

Back