Every Tristar fighter has been losing. Camp collapsed?

that camp was way too overhyped and the reason was cuz of gsp... im not really a fan of a camp whose only striking is a jab especially in mma

This is the gold star attitude I hate.

In the fight game you either win or lose. He lost.

This is the type of fan attitude that I hate..If you don't look at the context of a fight and instead strictly look at wins and losses then you're a fool

GSP blind luck? Firas is nothing like Edmond. Firas is one of the top coaches in MMA. He's the real deal.

If he the real deal how come he 1. looks like Edmond and 2. his fighters are dropping like Edmond's?

Rory lost

Olivier Aubin-Mercier lost

Makdessi lost

Randa Markos lost

Sage lost and isn't even there much

Duffy lost

Alex Garcia lost and looked 1 dimensional, even tried to lay & pray

Nordine Taleb is about to lose to Erik Silva on Mar 5

Has that camp completely collapsed or what? Is Firas spending too much time self-promoting on youtube?

They all point fight or look like they are sparring, or try to lay and pray & win on points but always lose. And worse, they all seem happy about it. Does Firas give gold stars & trophies for participation?

They've become such a weak gym.
Add

Zach Makovsky

Sometimes camps just seem elite because they get lucky with a fighter or two. I have a feeling that Duke Rufus might end up going down like that.

Who knows, but whatever it is I love what Firas is doing on youtube. It hardly seems like self-promotion to me, but rather a lot great of free info that such a well respected trainer doesn't need to be giving out for free.
What, did he plug his twitter or something after letting his camp's dietitian hand out free advice for an hour, and that makes it self-promotion?

Last edited:
Ryan Hall and Wonderboy just won their last fights....

But Hall trained at SBG and Wonderboy trains all over the place; with Weidman etc. To me, I think they are stuck in 2012. GSP was top of the game but his style, his formula isn;t enough to cut it today. Im sure Firas will tweek somethings but alot of camps, like Militech or Team Couture, have problems being at the cutting edge. Nova Uniao is another one.

Jackson, Alliance, Kings, AKA SBG in Europe seem to be the hot spots and at cutting edge where alot of top talent is going.

Rory lost

Olivier Aubin-Mercier lost

Makdessi lost

Randa Markos lost

Sage lost and isn't even there much

Duffy lost

Alex Garcia lost and looked 1 dimensional, even tried to lay & pray

Nordine Taleb is about to lose to Erik Silva on Mar 5

Has that camp completely collapsed or what? Is Firas spending too much time self-promoting on youtube?

They all point fight or look like they are sparring, or try to lay and pray & win on points but always lose. And worse, they all seem happy about it. Does Firas give gold stars & trophies for participation?

They've become such a weak gym.
I notice the same thing its like firas doesn't care anymore they been dropping like flies.

This is the gold star attitude I hate.

In the fight game you either win or lose. He lost.

He lost to the fucking champ, but somehow looking good against the champ, but losing partly means that tristar is collapsing. Give me a break with this nonsense.

1 loss and it's all over... What a shitty attitude.

Camps rise and fall.

The other camps adjusted to deal with Firas gameplans.

It's up to him to evolve and help his fighters evolve with him.

jackson/wink started off the year with all their fighters losing (4) at 195, i don't think they've had a JW fight since? (besides cerrone win)

This is the type of fan attitude that I hate..If you don't look at the context of a fight and instead strictly look at wins and losses then you're a fool

Look at the fight. Look at it again. (Rory vs Robbie)

Some fans liked the fight because there was blood.

But Rory didn't have head movement, his punches had no power, he kept going back to the well for that stomach kick (no diverse attack, no change in rhythm) -- he didn't look elite at all, certainly not a killer fighter.

The goal shouldn't be to be slightly better and hope to get the 48-47 nod, especially in a title fight. But that's how Tristar fighters seem to fight.

... And Wonderboy is NOT a Tristar fighter. He just helped GSP for 1 fight a long time ago.

Collapsing, doubt it. A bit overrated, yes.

Much like Herb Dean is considered the best ref, merely because its said constantly by Rogan and Goldberg on air....Tristar gets the same push by MMA fighters and personalities when the subject of great coaches or gyms comes up in a discussion. Thats not to say theyre wrong, but I get the feeling that if something is repeated enough, its unconditionally consumed as an absolute truth and the legend grows.

jackson/wink started off the year with all their fighters losing (4) at 195, i don't think they've had a JW fight since? (besides cerrone win)
brunson

I feel like the tristar style we see is out dated, unless you can land that jab like gsb all the time. They stand in the pocket right infront and faint with almost no headmovement or lateral movement. It legit looks like a muay thai fight were the 2 guys just stand indront of each other.

The only crime Rory committed was not fighting safely in the 5th to ride out the guaranteed decision win.

I've always thought Firas Zahabi looks suspiciously like Edmond Tarverdyan. They even speak with similar accents and Tarverdyan has that identity theft case from several years ago. What if it had something to do with Zahabi? Fishy as F. Anyway, the gym and Firas got undue respect because of GSP/blind luck.

I saw someone talking about UFC being pushed to TSN 5 (I'm assuming it's like Fox Sports 5) while TSN 1-4 are running tennis and curling. MMA in Canada = dead. Time to pull the plug and never go there again.

Yes because they both have middle eastern ancestry, they must be involved in some fraud conspiracy together. /facepalm

If you aren't on the incline, you have plateaued or are on the decline.

Would it be okay to go 5 rounds with a tough guy like Hendricks and then get knocked out?

No, you take him out in 1 like Thompson. That's a winner.

He isn't even in his 30's yet and is an extremely intelligent fighter. He is most certainly still on the incline.

I will say that Tristar overal is a bit overrated here.

Back