Every Tristar fighter has been losing. Camp collapsed?

All of which worked closely with Firas and tristar.

Really??? Any proof of say roach ever working with firas??? How about the canadian wrestling team. Other than GSP having firas, jackson, danaher, and phil nurse in his corner you got any proof???

Really??? Any proof of say roach ever working with firas??? How about the canadian wrestling team. Other than GSP having firas, jackson, danaher, and phil nurse in his corner you got any proof???
Every one of the people you listed worked out with GSP AT tristar at least once. Do your own homework dude.

astounding argumentative ability you possess. my rule is I dont talk to newbies who haven't been here at least 3 months, and I just saw your join-date, so- catch ya in about a week.
Sure thing!, maybe by then you'll have at least more than half the amount of likes i have. i mean if your only argument is a dick measuring contest, one where you just plopped on the site for senority, while mine is merit based. Go ahead, try to catch up.

You are the exact person my Sig pokes fun at.

I call them fairweather fans.

There are fans of skill that respect a performance, athletic ability, intelligent tactics and can recognize improvement. If it is there it usually results in a win -- preferably a dominating finish to prove the athlete's superior abilities (physical and mental).

Then there are glassy-eyed followers who defend a name even when that name displays average or sub-par skills.

A real fan doesn't wear rose tinted glasses. They see a performance for what it is. Rory's performance was not impressive -- he says he wants to be a "dominant" champion but he is no where near that. Just being able to "hang" with top level fighters for a bit isn't good enough.

Tristar athletes on the whole seem to hit a plateau and can go no further. It happened to Rory. Maybe it is mental weakness, lack of discipline, motivation, or lack of high level trainers and training partners, who knows. But there is a definite weakness at that gym.

There are fans of skill that respect a performance, athletic ability, intelligent tactics and can recognize improvement. If it is there it usually results in a win -- preferably a dominating finish to prove the athlete's superior abilities (physical and mental).

Then there are glassy-eyed followers who defend a name even when that name displays average or sub-par skills.

A real fan doesn't wear rose tinted glasses. They see a performance for what it is. Rory's performance was not impressive -- he says he wants to be a "dominant" champion but he is no where near that. Just being able to "hang" with top level fighters for a bit isn't good enough.

Tristar athletes on the whole seem to hit a plateau and can go no further. It happened to Rory. Maybe it is mental weakness, lack of discipline, motivation, or lack of high level trainers and training partners, who knows. But there is a definite weakness at that gym.
How do you feel about ATT? They've produced countless UFC contenders but only one champion. Do you consider their accolades WEC and Strikeforce (among other promotions) to be good accomplishments, or would you say that the camp is overrated?

. Rory achieved more in his loss than most fighters in the UFC are able to in a win.

Weaksauce.

Robbie is the one who achieved the win. The money. The progress in his career, his legacy.

Rory might choose to learn something for the future, who knows that's up to him, but he didn't achieve anything other than getting the face beating of his life.

He hasn't fought in quite a while. So he lost his ability to earn money because of the injuries caused in that beating. That isn't an achievement.

How do you feel about ATT? They've produced countless UFC contenders but only one champion. Do you consider their accolades WEC and Strikeforce (among other promotions) to be good accomplishments, or would you say that the camp is overrated?

I'm talking about 1 gym. You are trying to change the subject.

The proof is in the losing.

I'm talking about 1 gym. You are trying to change the subject.

The proof is in the losing.
I'm actually just looking to your opinion on what could be called a parallel situation.

If the proof is in the losing, what does that say about a gym that has one UFC title in over a decade?

Every camp has it's ups and it's downs. There was a time when people asked the same thing about Jacksons, and probably every other camp.

I'm actually just looking to your opinion on what could be called a parallel situation.

If the proof is in the losing, what does that say about a gym that has one UFC title in over a decade?

But are the fighters improving or not? Are they rising in the ranks or not? What is the trend?

Tristar fighters are never spectacular or stand-outs.

Tristar fighters hit a ceiling. And that ceiling is pretty low for most of them.

But are the fighters improving or not? Are they rising in the ranks or not? What is the trend?

Tristar fighters are never spectacular or stand-outs.

Tristar fighters hit a ceiling. And that ceiling is pretty low for most of them.
Earlier, this was solely about winning or losing. Is improvement a factor now?

Jackson, Alliance, Kings, AKA SBG in Europe seem to be the hot spots and at cutting edge where alot of top talent is going.

It goes in trends. Jackson-Wink, AKA, Kings, and Alliance have all gone on losing streaks in the past. Every gym that's been around long enough goes through it at some point, no one wins forever. The overall game in MMA is changing all the time as are the fighters and the gym, when everything lines up they all look like heroes, when they don't the camp looks average or mediocre.

Overall, I'd say Tristar is an average camp with a very knowledgeable head coach in Firas. I think the reason they're not as successful as they could be is the match-up between the fighters and the coach. Firas seems to promote a technical gameplan based system, whereas many of the fighters are more free-form instinctive types who'd likely do better under Rafael Cordiero's system for instance.

So all gyms and fighters who lose are not good. Got it. Sweet, sweet logic!

Name a camp and give me a list of fighters who are good.

Back