Ever Sleep on the Couch Cause Your Girl Is Mad at You

thats beta

funny storyabout my parents is they slept in separate rooms for 10+ years. happily married for 25 years but slept in different rooms because my dad snored so loud lol.

Haha recently I went to my parent's house (my childhood home) and I went upstairs to see my old childhood room. So, as I walk in, I noticed it was decorated different. So I asked my mom why it was different and said it was her room now. My dad snores and she just sleeps better. Then lol she looks at me and says don't worry we still love each other. Haha parents are the weirdest!

She’s the one who goes out there lol

I don’t tell her to leave but after refusing my endless requests of a tongue on the bum she’s out.

We’ve been together for 32 years, and one of our thing is never leave angry. If we have a fight, we talk it out rather than go our separate ways. If we have a fight before bed, we’ll make up and still sleep together.

No woman is making me sleep on the couch in my own house. My second wife actually tried to physically prevent me from entering the bedroom, that was hilarious! Even when she locked the door and moved a dresser in front of it, I could still get in through the master bathroom.

I fell asleep on the couch and then my wife woke me at like 1AM to go to bed. I got a little mad at her for that but went to bed anyways. So that's kind of the same only with the sequence changed. Does that count?

Sometimes one or the other of us will sleep in the spare bedroom when we get pissed. It is sooo much nicer anyway. The bed is more comfy and my wife isn't hogging 90 percent of it.

We had the same agreement. Last night was my first night on the couch and today she left me. Was gonna make a thread about it but it's too much right now

I feel like I read that thread already though...

I've done it. My wife goes to bed a lot earlier than I do in general. If we get into a big fight, the odd time i just sleep on the couch. I regret it the next day, cause the couch kills my back.

Nope. Not even when married.

I view it as 'if you, the guy really screwed up (caught cheating, etc) then ya, sure go sleep on the couch or in the guest room, if she wants you out as she needs time'.

Thankfully I never screwed up at those levels.

However if it is just her being bitchy as she is not getting her way in an argument, or is throwing a tantrum, and especially if she is wrong and just not willing to consider it, then NO, not doing it. I said more than once 'not doing it, but you are welcome to take the guest room or couch if you want', and on occasion she did. And she then learns tantrums alone do not make you right or get you your way which I do think is important to establish, as my experience is that many women think the emotion of being upset is enough a lot of time as they drop the substance of the conflict once they realize they are not winning the argument and try to shift it to 'feelings'.

I'd only do it if I was so pissed off with her that I needed my own space. Fallen asleep drunk on the couch with a kebab plenty of times though.

No woman is making me sleep on the couch in my own house. My second wife actually tried to physically prevent me from entering the bedroom, that was hilarious! Even when she locked the door and moved a dresser in front of it, I could still get in through the master bathroom.

Sounds like a disaster... She still your wife?

No. Wtf is she going to do if I get into bed, pick me up and move me? If she wants to go nuts for some fucking reason, she can either discuss it rationally, or sleep in the spare bedroom. And yes, that has happened.

Nope, i'm not married and I own my house. If the gf has a problem or wants to nag then she can get the hell out.
This is pretty much my stance too with my wife. She's been mad enough before that she went and slept on the couch but I always go out after half an hour try to smooth things over.

Once I started snoring though, I had to let her kick me out. I even asked her to do it. I tell her before bed that if I start snoring then kick me out. Because in fairness that's my problem and she shouldn't have to deal with it.

Sounds like missed angry sex opportunity tbh

Nope. I've paid the majority of the bills in all relationships and I'm not going to be regulated to sleeping on a couch. We have plenty of room on the bed just scoot over and don't touch me. Get a different blanket if you want I have plenty.

I do tend to stay up late when I get into fights and watch tv\get high on the couch. Then I'll go back to the room and go to bed.

I can't imagine letting someone dictate where I sleep in my own house. I'll sleep on the kitchen table if I want.

For two weeks... right before I moved out and got divorced

I regularly fall asleep on my couch. I like it.

Back