Ever ate duck meat?

Very common in some European places. South-West of France. Bavaria.

It's one of the GOATs imo. It's brown, very fat, and it's the fat that makes it good, too. It's not that different from chicken leg or the fat parts of goose. But it's more gamey and less dry than both.

An absolute must try imo. And duck fat is excellent for your health.

Yeah duck is super common in the rest of the world. Europe and Asia both use far more game birds than many US city folk are used to. Duck and quail are awesome when done properly.

And that duck lard is great for fried potatoes, fried rice, making eggs, whatever.

Yeah. Too fatty. My grandpa is a hunter and we would've duck from time to time. Talking about birds specifically, Ostrich, Quail and pheasant are much better IMHO. Peking duck isn't bad though. Have you ever tried peacock? That's supposedly delicious.

One of my wife's favorite dishes is grilled quail, repeatedly brushed with garlic butter while cooking.

Duck from a good Chinese restaurant is my number 1 food.

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?
Yeah loads, I did crispy duck a couple weeks ago. Lovely with hoisin sauce, spring onions and cucumber in a pancake, they're expensive here though. It was cheap in the UK. But worth it.

Had peking duck at a nice Chinese restaurant; it was horrible.

Yeah loads, I did crispy duck a couple weeks ago. Lovely with hoisin sauce, spring onions and cucumber in a pancake, they're expensive here though. It was cheap in the UK. But worth it.

Costco has decent pricing on whole frozen ducks.

I'll thaw it, trim the tail / butt fat off (along with any extra neck skin / fat flap) then mince that up and render it. This gives you both some rendered duck fat to set aside, and duck cracklin / duck rinds. Good on everything and your dog will love you forever.

Brine the bird in a soup pot for 1-2 nights, then dry it off, discard brine, massage spice rub and crushed garlic onto the bird, put some herbs in the body cavity, and put it into the smoker with a small rack in a foil drip pan to catch the fat and au jus.

Anyone ever try goose? My friend wants to give me some to try. Was wondering if it waa good or.not

It’s good!
<JackieThumbsUp>
I like to cook a goose on Thanksgiving.
I usually do Holidays solo and its the perfect size.
Bigger than a chicken and smaller than a turkey.

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?
I raise ducks for meat. The best breed IMO are Muscovy because they're hardy and can get almost as big as geese. They do taste closer to viel than what most ducks do though so if you want that typical duck flavor go with peeking, another hardy breed but much smaller and they don't lay nearly as many eggs as Muscovy.

Anyone ever try goose? My friend wants to give me some to try. Was wondering if it waa good or.not

It has its own day in some European countries such as Sweden Denmark and Germany and other countries. After a saint. so you eat goose that evening.
Well did, its not celebrated that much anymore.

Yep, I do an awesome Peking Duck and Lychee curry.

I just ate a few pieces of left over roast duck last night. As others mentioned Peking Duck is good. Even better is Peking Goose. Ate that in Hong Kong many years ago.

Duck is amazing, as is goose. I'm mostly only familiar with French takes on it: duck confit, duck magret, rillettes, etc.

It's not part of North American culture so it ends up being in a vicious circle: Low supply (few farms) -> High price -> people don't try it -> Supply stays low, and so on.

Reactions: TSO
Duck is very common and delicious.

Very nice, take your friend up on the offer. The liver is supposed to be great but I’ve never tried that part

I ordered it once, almost threw up at the smell had to have them take it away. Guess it's not my thing.

goose tastes pretty similar to duck, except bigger.
its the main christmas dish in germany (served with gravy,red cabbage and potato dumplings), kinda like turkey on US thanksgiving.

Back