Ever ate duck meat?

I don't like chicken because it tends to be dry. Duck has more fat so it's juicier. Surprised duck isn't more popular.

Last edited:
Chinese roast duck is the best form of duck I've tasted. Great with white rice and plum sauce.

The texture is like chicken but tougher. It has a more distinct taste, in a good way. It's like how lamb has a stronger taste than beef.

roast-duck-recipe-700.jpg
Damn, that looks good...

In general, domesticated duck is very rich. I’d say too rich for everyday consumption. Generally the western way is to cook it pretty rare too which takes more skill than chicken or something like that.

Wild duck, you have a bunch of species which range from abysmal tasting to (imo) excellent. Generally the ducks that dive taste bad and the ones who stay on the surface taste better. At least around here, the most common good eating ducks are mallards and wood ducks. If prepared correctly, they’re more like eating lean beef steak whereas domesticated duck is its own thing.

love duck. I like Guangdong style roast duck. always nice to get a half or a whole duck and some wraps with the salty and sweet sauces. the neck is the best parts it's like a rich jerky.

also stewed duck is delicious and very juicy . sometimes I prefer that to chicken andpork

When I go visit extended family in Pampanga province near Clark Angeles, first thing I eat for dinner. Delicious.

In the city I usually get it at a couple favorite Chinese restaurants. Roasted Peking is good times.
361161D0-B016-4276-9B6F-54D5A01A6630.jpeg

Last edited:
does anyone actually call it duck meat? Sounds weird, kind of like saying chicken meat instead of just chicken.

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?

I had it as part of a Turkducken in Ohio. The whole thing was great!

I cooked a few in the deep fryer once. The crispy skin was excellent and the meat was moist.

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?
Very common in some European places. South-West of France. Bavaria.

It's one of the GOATs imo. It's brown, very fat, and it's the fat that makes it good, too. It's not that different from chicken leg or the fat parts of goose. But it's more gamey and less dry than both.

An absolute must try imo. And duck fat is excellent for your health.

Are you kidding? Only maybe 5 or 6... hundred times. Absolutely delicious.

Darker meat than something like chicken, more oily.

Do yourself a favor and go try it ASAP.

Man am I easily influenced. After reading threads in Mayberry I am listening to metal, drinking booze and looking to order duck for dinner....

Yeah. Too fatty. My grandpa is a hunter and we would've duck from time to time. Talking about birds specifically, Ostrich, Quail and pheasant are much better IMHO. Peking duck isn't bad though. Have you ever tried peacock? That's supposedly delicious.

Last edited:
Yeah. Too fatty. My grandpa is a hunter and we would've duck from time to time. Talking about birds specifically, Ostrich, Quail and pheasant are much better IMHO. Have you ever tried peacock? That's supposedly delicious.

Lol , i kill pheasants pretty much every day at work. Seriously stupid birds.

Back