Ever ate duck meat?

Lol , i kill pheasants pretty much every day at work. Seriously stupid birds.
Lol. Yes they are, how come you are killing pheasants everyday? Do you work in a farm/meat factory?

Lol. Yes they are, how come you are killing pheasants everyday? Do you work in a farm/meat factory?

I drive trains , predominantly through the countryside. There's normally pheasants hanging around by the tracks , even more this time of year as it's open season from the 1st October. Stupid things jump up into the train killing themselves. Seriously dumb.

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?

It has to be cooked right. Its not like chicken at all and not as easy to properly prepare. It can taste almost rough and gamey if you dont know what youre doing

Love it, think my dog though (Catahoula Curr) loves it even more.

Somebitch is drollling and staring at the shotguns from me just reading this thread..

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?

Aren't you Asian? I thought duck meat and duck eggs were very common in Asia. I've had wild duck and I did have domestic duck when I was a child and they had ducks on the farm. As has been said, ducks are fattier than chicken. I remember my grandmother cooking duck in a dutch oven with potatoes on the bottom to soak up some of the fat. The rest of the fat was saved to make soap.

Duck's amazing, and straightforward to cook if you know what you're doing. As has already been said, it's common fare in much of Europe and Asia.

Duck eggs are soo much better than chicken eggs. The meats good too.

You don't actually see it that often in UK supermarkets. Well, it's always there, but it's like a miniscule section of the poultry section, sometimes just one item (like 2 x duck breasts in a pack).

I like it but I've heard it's easy to fuck it up cooking it, and I'm a shocking cook, so I would definitely ruin it - and it's not particularly cheap either.

Duck novarese
Duck confit
Smoked duck

All good.

I don't know what it is, but I don't find duck appetizing at all.

For those who don't like duck try Muscovy Duck. Some say it's not officially a duck but it is the goat.

Yes, I've had duck wings and duck poutine. I used to order the duck wings often, but a lot of it was because of the awesome dip they gave with it. To me, it was like dark meat chicken. It was very tender and had a good taste.

Yes, it is delicious if cooked correctly.

I first tried it at Pf Chang’s in Vegas 10 years ago, loved it, now I seek it out whenever I can get it.

ate it many times, its very popular where i live.
i can't say i particularly like it, i eat it when its served to me but i never cook it or order it.

and i'm especially not down with the duck meat industry

Ate duck at a Taiwanese place in Seattle almost 20 years ago . . . It was pretty good, but I can't say I've tried it since.

Aren't you Asian? I thought duck meat and duck eggs were very common in Asia. I've had wild duck and I did have domestic duck when I was a child and they had ducks on the farm. As has been said, ducks are fattier than chicken. I remember my grandmother cooking duck in a dutch oven with potatoes on the bottom to soak up some of the fat. The rest of the fat was saved to make soap.
No im south american, the name its a reference from one of joe rogan mma histories about a grappler whose coach convinced he was a muiy thai goat, the coach was saying he was bangkok ready... I tough it was funny

Back