Ever ate duck meat?

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?

Stronger taste than chicken. Mostly dark meat, fattier and a little bitter.

Yup, I like most waterfowl and game birds. A chicken from the grocery store is probably my least favorite poultry.

I don't always wanted to try it, i find it strange that is not more common, aren't ducks pretty common after all how hard could it be to bread this mofos to produce meat, never seem a place that sells it. Anyway how does it taste sherbros that had it?
It's very fatty. Delicious. I'd recommend going to a Chinese grocery store and getting a half fried duck and have em chop it up for you. $10 and a nice treat once every few months.

Edit: what @BayAreaGuy said

One of the best things I ever ate was this caramelized, crispy duck dish at Sukho Thai in Nashville.

Its really good roasted with a cranberry glaze, works really well together.

Also use duck fat for tons of shit.

Yes when done right it can't be beat. I'm not sure why it isn't more popular in the U.S. You pretty much have to go to a Chinese restaurant to get it.

I heard duck meat is healthier than chicken or turkey and that it's composition is similar to olive oil. Also the meat has more iron than other meats.

Ate duck over rice dishes many times in Thailand. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Never had it but definitely want to try it.

Closest I've gotten (kinda) was frying duck eggs for breakfast.

It’s not easy to cook right. Haven’t had it good. Actually, it was comically bad last time I had it at a Chinese restaurant.

I like bear, snake, and venison better.

I find it greasy and gamey. Mikey no likey.

I highly recommend you try duck, con fit duck or Chinese prepared are probably best first impressions.

If you want a fish suggestion that's different than what you expect, try swordfish.

Chinese roast duck is the best form of duck I've tasted. Great with white rice and plum sauce.

The texture is like chicken but tougher. It has a more distinct taste, in a good way. It's like how lamb has a stronger taste than beef.

roast-duck-recipe-700.jpg

The most famous version is the Peking duck

0006087878F15.jpg

Basically take the tortilla looking thing in the upper left (I think it's like thicker version of dumpling skin), and you put the strip of cucumber (seed removed) and raw onion strip with the dark sweet sauce and the duck with the bones removed.

Speaking of duck, I've heard a lot of gourmet restaurant make fries with duck fat and it's suppose to be outstanding, though I've yet to try it.

Last edited:
love duck

will go duck hunting again this year on my friends duck lease.

I like chinese style duck more than French/euro style. Ducks haven't been bred to have huge ratios of meat like chickens have... chickens are just easier to raise so no one bothers. Duck is a nice change now and then. What I don't like is deer/bison. Deer I can taste the blood too much and bison -- dont like that weird sweet flavor.

Duck is awesome... although if your the type that goes for white meat, you'll hate it. There's no white meat in duck, and the dark meat is extra dark and greasy.

Back