ESPN will no longer air the national anthem during MNF games

219408.jpg

maybe you and your cousins in rural Alabama. America is not just you.
Obviously I'm not talking about that time period^
219408.jpg

maybe you and your cousins in rural Alabama. America is not just you.

That we’re a political organization because we are not. We are a sports media company. We are always going to cover the intersection between sports and politics,” he said.
<{vega}>

Obviously I'm not talking about that time period^
before this period they were being lynched. And before that, they were chained in captivity. What was this glorious era of America you are nostalgic for?

before this period they were being lynched. And before that, they were chained in captivity. What was this glorious era of America you are nostalgic for?
I'm talking about a time when all Americans standing for the anthem. There were plenty of times we all did that. This is not a debate on my supposed "glorious era of America I'm nostalgic for."

I would threaten to stop watching ESPN, but I don't really watch it now.

Huh. Well, it fits northern Florida pretty well at least.

I looked up Texas's song and apparently it isn't "Deep in the Heart of Texas" like I would have assumed. It does sound like a legit state song though

Oh shit, I always though it was Yellow Rose. Thanks for the heads up.

Good, the public being forced fed patriotism has never worked out well.

I dont even like hearing anthems during Olympic medal ceremonies or international boxing matches. Why should a nation's jingoistic war song be played during sports competition? You wanna support your nation? Buy bonds. Otherwise stfu.

The olympics is at least a competition between countries.

for anyone who remembers, more times than not the anthem was not telecast until after 911.
it would occur during the first set of ads prior to kick off.
even though I hate espn, I think it's a good move. I love my country but I don't need to hear a dreary ass song before every fucking game.
Yeah I'm fine with them skipping the anthem too.

Wouldn't be surprised if some NFL owners were behind it- would be a smart move on their part.

I'm talking about a time when all Americans standing for the anthem. There were plenty of times we all did that. This is not a debate on my supposed "glorious era of America I'm nostalgic for."
all Americans? What candyland revisionist history are you reading? America was always divided and polarized.
eugene-v-debs-quote-while-there-is-a-lower-class-i-am-in.jpg

Maybe cuz your goons keep locking up those who resist.

Kaepernick Bless.

Yeah I'm fine with them skipping the anthem too.

Wouldn't be surprised if some NFL owners were behind it- would be a smart move on their part.
Makes perfect sense, just end the nonsense, anything else they try to do will piss someone off.

Im always at work when they play it and even when its on I turn the channel. Its like Bruce Buffer doing intros, I just dont care.

for anyone who remembers, more times than not the anthem was not telecast until after 911.
it would occur during the first set of ads prior to kick off.
even though I hate espn, I think it's a good move. I love my country but I don't need to hear a dreary ass song before every fucking game.

They didnt even come out for the anthem before unless the entire team wanted too... Literally prior to 2009 i almost never saw anyone even come out for it.
"NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed this morning the practice began in 2009, adding, "As you know, the NFL has a long tradition of patriotism. Players are encouraged but not required to stand for the anthem."
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/ne...ms-being-field-anthem-relatively-new-practice

Then you get the crazy flag worshipers who dont even complain the NFL is breaking many "flag laws" but it doesnt fit their agenda.
Title 4 of the United States Code 4 U.S.C. § 1 Hell this is the most blatant one.
"The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever."

"The United States Department of Defense paid the National Football League more than $5 million in taxpayer money between 2011 to 2014 to honor U.S. soldiers and veterans at games, an investigation revealed this week."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/defense-department-paid-5-4-million-nfl-honor-troops

Last edited:
good..... why the fuck does a national anthem get played for general team games? International competitions Id understand..... they are representing their country. But NFL players are only representing their teams when they play.
Well...they do call their handegg champions "world champions".

Averaged 80 lynchings a year for 86 years. From 1882-1968. Total 3446. That's accordingly to tuskegee institute.

In 2006 578 white people were murdered by black people.

Do the math.

Was there an epidemic back then or an epidemic in our modern history/times? You made a statement that race baiting alarmists would be proud of. But much of our history is now taught to divide, rather than unite.

Itt people clearly don't understand sport markets and sport consumers.

The NFL was losing viewers before the protests started. You can likely track this back to concussion related issues as well as globalization of NBA. As well as the pace of an NFL game where if you've sver watched Red Zone that kills you for watching a regular NFL game plus DVR options

ESPN meanwhile has been steadily losing viewership as more and more people possess sport scores at their fingertips. It's been almost 11 years since the iPhone dropped. That started the decline of ESPN .When your whole station is based around roughly 20% live sports and 80% highlights, game scores, breaking news every hour; that 80% is subsquently fucked when consumers don't have a need to watch it anymore .Thus you need to rebrand and the market simply isn't there for what you're offering politically motivated or not .

But hey you dumbasses keep making it a political issue when it's not

Averaged 80 lynchings a year for 86 years. From 1882-1968. Total 3446. That's accordingly to tuskegee institute.

In 2006 578 white people were murdered by black people.

Do the math.

Was there an epidemic back then or an epidemic in our modern history/times? You made a statement that race baiting alarmists would be proud of. But much of our history is now taught to divide, rather than unite.
You are a fucking dipshit if you dont think 3446 isnt a lot.Fucking dumb ass

Back