ESPN will no longer air the national anthem during MNF games

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
Hmmm....I love the part the CEO says this is not a political organization. LMAO...and yet every episode of ESPN first take has a segment about the anthem, black lives matter or why Trump is a white supremacist. I'm not a patriotic man but my God ESPN and the NFL continue to lose so much money just to push a political agenda it's beyond pathetic. Enjoy losing another 600 employees

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...national-anthem-on-monday-night-football.html

“Again, there could be changes. It’s somewhat unpredictable what’s going to happen in the world but as of now our plan now is to not broadcast the anthem. We have communicated that back to the NFL. They have not asked but we proactively just as a courtesy and as good partners let them know what our plans are,” he continued.

“That we’re a political organization because we are not. We are a sports media company. We are always going to cover the intersection between sports and politics,” he said.

They need to fire that loud piece of shit Stephen Gay Smith, but he has so many viewers for some reason.

for anyone who remembers, more times than not the anthem was not telecast until after 911.
it would occur during the first set of ads prior to kick off.
even though I hate espn, I think it's a good move. I love my country but I don't need to hear a dreary ass song before every fucking game.

good..... why the fuck does a national anthem get played for general team games? International competitions Id understand..... they are representing their country. But NFL players are only representing their teams when they play.

I don't honestly care but ESPN stating that they aren't politically involved nor having a political agenda is a hilarious piece of verbage.

The NFL knows that some players will protest. It's a bad look for the league. Cause the average white NFL fan in the seats isn't down with protesting during the national anthem.

lol maybe at the end of the game, they should play the state song of the winning team.
so when the Giants or Jets win a game, they could end with.

with the players and fans dancing on the field, I can see it now.

lol maybe at the end of the game, they should play the state song of the winning team.
so when the Giants or Jets win a game, they could end with.

with the players and fans dancing on the field, I can see it now.

I doubt many people even know their state songs; I sure as hell don't.

I don't honestly care but ESPN stating that they aren't politically involved nor having a political agenda is a hilarious piece of verbage.
There was a time when we all stood for the national anthem. It wasn't political.

I always thought it was kinda dumb to protest racism and police brutality by protesting during the National Anthem.

lol no one gives a damn about their state song it's fucking America

here ya go

sounds like it should be for a real southern state IMO

Huh. Well, it fits northern Florida pretty well at least.

I looked up Texas's song and apparently it isn't "Deep in the Heart of Texas" like I would have assumed. It does sound like a legit state song though

So they believe that not showing the anthem is going to make this better...lol...wow. They really do not know the fans at all.

If the protests bothered a person, not showing the anthem is going to bother them even MORE and perhaps some there were not also.

Im betting people dont stand up in their fucking house for the anthem. They sure as hell dont stop buying beer.

Anthem shouldnt even be played before sporting games anyways, its a stupid practice

Lol at not being political ESPN.

I really loved sportscenter back in the day too.

Im betting people dont stand up in their fucking house for the anthem. They sure as hell dont stop buying beer.

Anthem shouldnt even be played before sporting games anyways, its a stupid practice
I dont even like hearing anthems during Olympic medal ceremonies or international boxing matches. Why should a nation's jingoistic war song be played during sports competition? You wanna support your nation? Buy bonds. Otherwise stfu.

There was a time when we all stood for the national anthem. It wasn't political.
219408.jpg

maybe you and your cousins in rural Alabama. America is not just you.

Back