ESPN Top 100 NBA Players of All Time

Do you concur?

• Total voters
Bird is the word and he was the smartest player the game has ever seen.

lol @ giving a shit about what you think about credibility for anyone in here. I've never even heard of you.

Get Faust, Palpatine or Mick in here to describe in great detail why he isn't great or in the top 5 and you'll have my attention.

I care what the scientists of this forum have to say, not what a clip board carrying assistant thinks.

Good day, sir
none of them will argue he's top 5, trust me we have this discussion quite often. Top 10, likely. But top 5? gtfo
-Lebron is the only player in NBA history, to have players win back to back Finals MVPs that were pretty much tasked w/ guarding him......
-He bermuda triangle'd in the finals vs the Mavs like no star before in history, and lost to a team w/ 1 AS when he had himself, and two others on his team (outright embarrassing)
-he got lebroom'd by the Spurs in the first finals, and put up absolutely atrocious numbers. 35% from FG, 69% from FT, and 20% from 3 (good lawd, that's abysmal). 23 turnovers to 27 assists, what a stud
- he can't shoot really, as evident by his weak ass FT shooting
-he hasn't tried on defense in years, andre iguodala was the second leading scorer for the Dubs in the Finals, whom was guarding him again?
-on top of all that, he literally commits offensive fouls on the majority of his drives, complains to the ref worse than any other player probably ever, and travels routinely.....when you likely juice, rely on athleticism, and essentially cheat to obtain such gaudy stats, well....

That's a lot of vitriol for a post that starts off saying he is top ten all time.

well he has 4 mvps....off talent alone, i wouldn't have him anywhere near the top ten, he can't shoot ffs. but you can't put up all those numbers and have 4 regular seasons MVPs w/o being considered top ten.

but 3? gtfo

I care what the scientists of this forum have to say, not what a clip board carrying assistant thinks.

Lmfao. Not a day goes by without krillin getting absolutely devastated in some capacity LOL.

That's a lot of vitriol for a post that starts off saying he is top ten all time.

He's not that good at basketball. He is a giant steroider who can roid rush his way into the lane and finish consistently. Without the roids he is a journeyman level talent, probably wouldn't even cut it in Europe.

Terrible list, seems like espn did that intentionally to get as many views as possible.

At the very, very least, Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq, and Rustle should be over Lebron.

Call me when he doesn't can crush his way through the Eastern Conference and then ride on the back of his teammates against an actual team in the Finals.

I guess Petrovic didn't play enough years in the NBA but he is one of the only players (Vernon Maxwell was the other) to go right at Jordan during Jordan's prime and challenge him.

Both Petrovic and Maxwell would semi-trash talk ahead of games with Jordan and then back it up.

LOL, Kobe is already out of the Top 10 where he belongs. Of course Lebron is too high. He's still playing and it's ESPN. Gotta push that brand. Just as stupid as all the times we would see Kobe put above Bird or Russell. You don't get their honest opinion until a superstar is retired.

Yes, I concur with it, mostly. The Admiral is a bit too low and Dr. J is a bit too high, but otherwise, it's one of the best I've ever seen.

LOL, Kobe is already out of the Top 10 where he belongs. Of course Lebron is too high. He's still playing and it's ESPN. Gotta push that brand. Just as stupid as all the times we would see Kobe put above Bird or Russell. You don't get their honest opinion until a superstar is retired.

Yes, I concur with it, mostly. The Admiral is a bit too low and Dr. J is a bit too high, but otherwise, it's one of the best I've ever seen.
ya, dr J over moses? or moses being that low period?

other than the curry/bron and a few other random wtfs, it's actually a pretty good list

It is interesting the big man domination on the list. In 15-20 years I wonder how many small guys will climb up higher.

I guess Petrovic didn't play enough years in the NBA but he is one of the only players (Vernon Maxwell was the other) to go right at Jordan during Jordan's prime and challenge him.

Both Petrovic and Maxwell would semi-trash talk ahead of games with Jordan and then back it up.

Since he was never a great player not a lot of people are aware but Maxwell has to be one of the best trash talkers ever.

The best thing is he did it on the sly. He wasn't overly loud and didn't call too much attention to himself but when the camera focused on him, he'd be running his mouth. Still one of the few players I've seen that constantly tried to get in free throw shooters' heads.

Since he was never a great player not a lot of people are aware but Maxwell has to be one of the best trash talkers ever.

The best thing is he did it on the sly. He wasn't overly loud and didn't call too much attention to himself but when the camera focused on him, he'd be running his mouth. Still one of the few players I've seen that constantly tried to get in free throw shooters' heads.

Mad max was waaayyy better than most people remember or are aware. His career was mired by the cocaine issue and then going after the fan in the stands.

When Houston played the Bulls in the early 90s --- shit went down. Those were incredible games, Mad Max vs. Jordan.

Here is the top 20

20. Admiral
19. Stockton
18. Barkley
17. Dirk
16. Mailman
15. Moses
14. Dr J
13. West
12. Kobe
11. Oscar
10. Hakeem
9. Shaq
8. Duncan
7. Russell
6. Bird
5. Wilt
4. Magic
3. Lebron
2. Kareem
1. Jordan

Lebron is ranked WAY too high.

I'd personally say

Bird
Wilt
Magic
Kareem
Jordan

Why is the guy with 11 rings, 2 that he coached while playing 7? He was the most dominate player of all time. Who else was he going to play? He broke everyone's as* in. If they are talking skill I get it, but career or dominance no.

Back