ESPN doesn't think MMA is better than Women Soccer. They award MMA fighters @ Red Carpet LMFAO!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?

Awarding MMA fighters @ the fucking red carpet instead of the normal way.

WTF, seriously.....This is a horrible way to promote the UFC.

I guess UFC isn't even neck and neck with women soccer lol.

ESPN isn't even about sports, it is about politics and agendas. Promoting women's soccer team is a way to promote women as superiors, and then lesbians as the top bitches of them all. It is a win win win for them.

LOL funny thing is the success of the US women's team and Ronda Rousey is pretty similar..

Both had no real competition.. but most likely when more women take it serious they will get smashed

Pretty sure the majority of women in the world cup have 2 jobs and aren't full time professionals

Lol, does anyone here believe that mma is bigger than soccer, even women's football.

Mma is a niche sport which hasn't taken off to the level many expected. It can't compete with soccer, despite Dana's laughable claim years ago.

No one should believe it. But given how many posters here are still members of the "girls have cooties" club . . . .

Lol so USA is really into female football ? (soccer how you call it)

I mean really now who even watches that in Europe.. unless you have your daughters in it but other then that nope.

I saw that too with the awards and it was pathetic.. Dana do better dude having 3 champs sitting at the entrance to get a prize at the door. Red goof with a bow tie hur dur.
It's funny how you Europeans make fun of Americans for celebrating our WINNING soccer team. The reason our men's team sucks is because all the best athletic talent get funnelled into football, basketball, and track&field. Now imagine if they were pushed and developed into soccer programs instead. The US Mens team would be as dominant as the women. Be thankful that American males don't give a shit about this sport otherwise you might never win another WC again.

Patrick Mahomes receiving ESPY for best football player on a couch outside:

At least MMA had the other nominees.

Women's Soccer > UFC > NFL confirmed

Lol, does anyone here believe that mma is bigger than soccer, even women's football.

Mma is a niche sport which hasn't taken off to the level many expected. It can't compete with soccer, despite Dana's laughable claim years ago.

Yes mma is bigger than US womens soccer

To be honest, my daughter can name every single player on the US and Canadian women's football teams, yet only knows 3 male MMA fighters, and 3 female ones: Randy Couture, Matt Hughes, George St. Pierre, Gina Carano, Holly Holm, Michelle Waterson.

She watched Gina get destroyed by Cyborg, and came across Holly and Michelle's dance videos somehow. The men, she watched properly with me as they came up. Learned what dedication was. She thought Matt Hughes was cute. She'd blush when I'd throw in one of the old DVD's of past UFC's.

Football (soccer) is vastly more popular than MMA world wide. I can see why they got awarded outside. Usually Cormier cries so much after an award, they were likely worried about flood damage inside the venue.

Are you kidding me?

Awarding MMA fighters @ the fucking red carpet instead of the normal way.

WTF, seriously.....This is a horrible way to promote the UFC.

I guess UFC isn't even neck and neck with women soccer lol.

you do understand soccer is bigger thru out the world than mma.

It's funny how you Europeans make fun of Americans for celebrating our WINNING soccer team. The reason our men's team sucks is because all the best athletic talent get funnelled into football, basketball, and track&field. Now imagine if they were pushed and developed into soccer programs instead. The US Mens team would be as dominant as the women. Be thankful that American males don't give a shit about this sport otherwise you might never win another WC again.

Oh yes you got me.. so jelly on something I don't watch or care about.

The men's team.. neah you guys are like 100 years behind. It's all good you have your own stuff and everyone is happy.

LOL funny thing is the success of the US women's team and Ronda Rousey is pretty similar..

Both had no real competition.. but most likely when more women take it serious they will get smashed

Pretty sure the majority of women in the world cup have 2 jobs and aren't full time professionals
So the 2 job part would actually apply to 99% of the UFC roster. lol

Unless you were hiding under a rock the last couple of weeks, US women’s team was the biggest story in American sports outside of “Kawhi-watch”. They only get praise every 4 years—let them enjoy it.
Yup.

And...

Kawhi-watch?? Guaranteed 75% of Sherdog have no idea what you're talking about. Lol.

And most are under rocks, hence living in their parents basements.

Last edited:
If you can’t recognize the difference between crystal clear hate fueled attacks and mildly inappropriate behavior during a celebration ... which apparently you can’t, then I don’t really see this conversation going anywhere worthwhile.

When exactly did I discredit ANY female athletes? Yeah... I didn’t , you just projected that.

Good day.
lol Wow you seem to have a habit of missing the point eh, dipshit?

Good day to you too sir.

Last edited:
How did Cormier win? He hasn't fought in forever what a joke, and triple C was there and is active...

Wow the us soccer team is pretty hot, too bad there is this toxic attitude there,

imagine furgeson winning the title and then going on a rant about how he is not going to the Whitehouse, how he is going to speak in front of Congress, and that as mexican he had to work twice as hard to get the recognition he deserved and he is doing this to show that he is 'equal' to the other races and then production cut to his fans and there is a white cuck screaming 'Democrats 2020!!' 'get that racist out of there'...

mma fans just want blood, I respect that.

Well, winning the World Cup is a great accomplishment. Surprised they could rebound from the 5-2 beatdown put on em by that U15 buys squad.
Lol women's sports is a joke

Well wasn't that award for 'best team?'

Probably up against pro sports teams that people care about

The DC award was for MMA fighter which is such a small piece of the sporting world

A lot of awards aren't presented on stage. They just showcase what's popular. Also, I can't believe the Espy's is even a thing. It's literally ESPN, a TV channel, giving out awards....All TV channels should create their own awards. Smh.
MTV has movie and music awards, I heart radio has awards, etc is normal

Women's soccer/football generates less revenue for a four year cycle than the UFC does Annually.

A 15 year old wrestler would beat any of the UFC women's champions in a fight too. But what is the use in bringing that up? Did anyone say women are better athletes than men? This is why they compete in separate divisions.

It's like bringing up the fact that an unranked heavyweight can smash top ranked flyweights. It's unproductive and retarded.
I actually said that the USWNT is impressive now. Multiple players who will take on defenders 1v1 or 2v1. They have came a long way since the 1999 Brandi Chastain team. Also to your point that 15 year old wrestler better be all state and 220 or Amanda Nunes might knock him out. I mean 15 and no combat sports experience
How is women's soccer a niche sport when girls start playing in preschool?
There is millions of girls playing soccer, MMA not so much.
Fair point. But I guess I am thinking from a business standpoint. A lot of girls/women play softball and there is a Pro Softball league. There just isn't much coverage of it. <Fedor23>So even though more people play softball. I think it's safe to say MMA is bigger than Softball in terms of people following and tuning into to watch MMA over Softball or Women's soccer excluding the international team. Can you without googling tell me where Rapinoe, Morgan, and Heath play professionally. Also whoever coined the term ATM to refer to the 3 forwards really should have just gone with RMH to avoid the clear joke.

Back