ESPN doesn't think MMA is better than Women Soccer. They award MMA fighters @ Red Carpet LMFAO!!!!!!

Serenity Now

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

Awarding MMA fighters @ the fucking red carpet instead of the normal way.

WTF, seriously.....This is a horrible way to promote the UFC.

I guess UFC isn't even neck and neck with women soccer lol.

Yeah... that was weird.

Before i played the video i though they were leaving the event already. I couldnt believe when she handed him the award right there

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?

lol the comments in that second tweet. Holy shit, they all have Rapinoe Derangement Syndrome. She's the new Kaepernick.

Lol, does anyone here believe that mma is bigger than soccer, even women's football.

Mma is a niche sport which hasn't taken off to the level many expected. It can't compete with soccer, despite Dana's laughable claim years ago.

Are you kidding me?

The UFC does not treat fighters as professional athletes so why should anybody else?

Anybody that sides with UFC management against the fighters cant complain about ESPN here.

Last edited:
Well, winning the World Cup is a great accomplishment. Surprised they could rebound from the 5-2 beatdown put on em by that U15 buys squad.

Are you kidding me?

that's just sad
did anybody else get their awards on the streets?

Well, winning the World Cup is a great accomplishment. Surprised they could rebound from the 5-2 beatdown put on em by that U15 buys squad.
Is it?

They are in a sport with no talent....Most of the women in the world aren't playing soccer....They are busy being oppressed or worrying about real life shit.

USA Women Soccer Team should check their privilege<BC1>

Lol, does anyone here believe that mma is bigger than soccer, even women's football.

Mma is a niche sport which hasn't taken off to the level many expected. It can't compete with soccer, despite Dana's laughable claim years ago.
Women’s soccer is more popular than MMA?
Nah, impossible.
*just to put it out here, been watching soccer for 3 decades

Women’s soccer is more popular than MMA?
Nah, impossible.
*just to put it out here, been watching soccer for 3 decades
Despite its early start time (especially on the West Coast), Sunday’s dramatic showdown between Team USA and the Netherlands in the FIFA Women’s World Cup final drew a massive audience for Fox Sports and Telemundo. Per Nielsen, the American victory was seen by 14 million viewers on the Fox broadcast net, outperforming last year’s men’s World Cup final by more than 20 percent (11.4 million) to rank as the biggest Stateside soccer match since 2015 — the last time the women’s team brought home the trophy. As Ad Age reporter Anthony Crupinoted on Twitter, that 14 million viewer figure beats most of this year’s World Series and NBA Finals games and every edition of ESPN’s Monday Night Football — an amazing feat given the match aired on a Sunday morning during a holiday weekend, with West Coast viewers having to get up by 8 a.m. to watch.
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/womens-world-cup-soccer-final-scores-14-million-viewers.html

The final drew more viewers than the NBA Finals and Monday Night Football. Women's soccer isnt huge globally yet, but it's a powerhouse in the US. And way more popular than MMA both nationally and abroad.

MMA can't even match PGA viewership- and that's WITHOUT Tiger. With Tiger competing they double their ratings and UFC isnt even in the conversation.

To give you an idea of how far down the list UFC is- NASCAR is panicking right now as everyone declares it dying, yet its ratings are still higher than UFC's free TV cards. lol. UFC is on par with minor league baseball at best.

I hope Women's soccer isn't bigger than MMA, if so....:(

Despite its early start time (especially on the West Coast), Sunday’s dramatic showdown between Team USA and the Netherlands in the FIFA Women’s World Cup final drew a massive audience for Fox Sports and Telemundo. Per Nielsen, the American victory was seen by 14 million viewers on the Fox broadcast net, outperforming last year’s men’s World Cup final by more than 20 percent (11.4 million) to rank as the biggest Stateside soccer match since 2015 — the last time the women’s team brought home the trophy. As Ad Age reporter Anthony Crupinoted on Twitter, that 14 million viewer figure beats most of this year’s World Series and NBA Finals games and every edition of ESPN’s Monday Night Football — an amazing feat given the match aired on a Sunday morning during a holiday weekend, with West Coast viewers having to get up by 8 a.m. to watch.
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/womens-world-cup-soccer-final-scores-14-million-viewers.html

The final drew more viewers than the NBA Finals and Monday Night Football. Women's soccer isnt huge globally yet, but it's a powerhouse in the US. And way more popular than MMA both nationally and abroad.

MMA can't even match PGA viewership- and that's WITHOUT Tiger. With Tiger competing they double their ratings and UFC isnt even in the conversation.

To give you an idea of how far down the list UFC is- NASCAR is panicking right now as everyone declares it dying, yet its ratings are still higher than UFC's free TV cards. lol. UFC is on par with minor league baseball at best.
the pink goof thinks more paywalls will help the sport grow

Compete with soccer???

In what world, which way and why should MMA compete with soccer, soccer is like football, basketball and so on normie sport.
Fuck that shit. Let normie do their thing and give their awards...

To be fair far more people want to have sex with female soccer players then mma fighters. Sex sells. This was a business decision.

ESPN was right.

Back