ESPN doesn't think MMA is better than Women Soccer. They award MMA fighters @ Red Carpet LMFAO!!!!!!

I’ll be honest, I’m having a hard time connecting what you are discussing with my posts. I never mentioned anything about UFC treatment nor did I mention viewership or how viewership or disability affects either sport.

I get tired of the insincere virtue signaling.

Maybe you're one of the 40k-50k who watches those games, but I highly doubt it, and that's the point. Everyone in here who wants to fancy themselves enlightened or rational or progressive about women's soccer gesticulate their hollow support for only as long as this limelight lasts, and then they go back to not giving a shit. How do I know? Because those women's games draw 50K viewers on cable (or if free). Meanwhile, these same virtue signalers, as soon as they stop holding parades and posting our girls' pictures in the papers, which I absolutely believe they deserve, don't get me wrong, will be watching the fights come Saturday night. That's why even the worst ESPN or FOX cards have seen over 800K viewers, and almost all of them break 1m. The biggest cards have been over 5m.

If the guys who pretended they cared about women's soccer in these threads actually cared about women's soccer, that wouldn't be the case.

I've been around the block. I've seen this before. I've heard the hype before...back when Mia Hamm was playing a generation ago. Guess what? Nothing came of it. Nothing will come of it this time. It's why the WNBA ratings never get better.

The UFC deserves treatment in accordance with its visibility as a sport.
I get tired of the insincere virtue signaling.

Maybe you're one of the 40k-50k who watches those games, but I highly doubt it, and that's the point. Everyone in here who wants to fancy themselves enlightened or rational or progressive about women's soccer gesticulate their hollow support for only as long as this limelight lasts, and then they go back to not giving a shit. How do I know? Because those women's games draw 50K viewers on cable (or if free). Meanwhile, these same virtue signalers, as soon as they stop holding parades and posting our girls' pictures in the papers, which I absolutely believe they deserve, don't get me wrong, will be watching the fights come Saturday night. That's why even the worst ESPN or FOX cards have seen over 800K viewers, and almost all of them break 1m. The biggest cards have been over 5m.

If the guys who pretended they cared about women's soccer in these threads actually cared about women's soccer, that wouldn't be the case.

I've been around the block. I've seen this before. I've heard the hype before...back when Mia Hamm was playing a generation ago. Guess what? Nothing came of it. Nothing will come of it this time. It's why the WNBA ratings never get better.

The UFC deserves treatment in accordance with its visibility as a sport.

I've heard toons of people talking about the Women's World Cup and no one about the last UFC so there's that.

I’ll be honest, I’m having a hard time connecting what you are discussing with my posts. I never mentioned anything about UFC treatment nor did I mention viewership or how viewership or disability affects either sport.
I'm having trouble connecting your posts to the thread.

I'm having trouble connecting your posts to the thread.

Seeing as how everything you said to me had nothing to do with the content of my posts, that makes sense.

I’m sorry for your confusion. Good luck.

Seeing as how everything you said to me had nothing to do with the content of my posts, that makes sense.

I’m sorry for your confusion. Good luck.
You're the one having a conversation off the thread topic. I'm not the confused one.

Despite its early start time (especially on the West Coast), Sunday’s dramatic showdown between Team USA and the Netherlands in the FIFA Women’s World Cup final drew a massive audience for Fox Sports and Telemundo. Per Nielsen, the American victory was seen by 14 million viewers on the Fox broadcast net, outperforming last year’s men’s World Cup final by more than 20 percent (11.4 million) to rank as the biggest Stateside soccer match since 2015 — the last time the women’s team brought home the trophy. As Ad Age reporter Anthony Crupinoted on Twitter, that 14 million viewer figure beats most of this year’s World Series and NBA Finals games and every edition of ESPN’s Monday Night Football — an amazing feat given the match aired on a Sunday morning during a holiday weekend, with West Coast viewers having to get up by 8 a.m. to watch.
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/womens-world-cup-soccer-final-scores-14-million-viewers.html

The final drew more viewers than the NBA Finals and Monday Night Football. Women's soccer isnt huge globally yet, but it's a powerhouse in the US. And way more popular than MMA both nationally and abroad.

MMA can't even match PGA viewership- and that's WITHOUT Tiger. With Tiger competing they double their ratings and UFC isnt even in the conversation.

To give you an idea of how far down the list UFC is- NASCAR is panicking right now as everyone declares it dying, yet its ratings are still higher than UFC's free TV cards. lol. UFC is on par with minor league baseball at best.

The World Cup final is a massive deal and helped the national league score a new tv deal.

The US womens soccer league had lost their TV deal earlier this year because no one was watching, seems like people only care about international matches.

Another thread filled with retards who like to bash anything......mma, women, etc...

You're the one having a conversation off the thread topic. I'm not the confused one.
Can you put yourself on my ignore list? (What with you being a mod and for some reason me not having access to that function for you)

I was never talking to you in the first place and then you felt the need to quote me talking about things that had nothing to do with my post.

Thanks mate.

Because male athletes don’t celebrate championships?

What exactly is the crime here?

If male athletes behaved like this no one would give two shits, but since Rapinoe is the hate target of the week people are grasping at anything they can to try to bring her or the USWNT down.
You literally brought up trolls on the internet calling them slurs, then I responded by posting videos of the "leaders" you talk about calling each other those same names on social media for all the young girls to see. Get it?

It's also disrespectful for you to refer to them as "trailblazers" when there have been countless female athletes past and present who have accomplished or are accomplishing great feats, many greater than this soccer team.

Lol so USA is really into female football ? (soccer how you call it)

I mean really now who even watches that in Europe.. unless you have your daughters in it but other then that nope.

I saw that too with the awards and it was pathetic.. Dana do better dude having 3 champs sitting at the entrance to get a prize at the door. Red goof with a bow tie hur dur.

You literally brought up trolls on the internet calling them slurs, then I responded by posting videos of the "leaders" you talk about calling each other those same names on social media for all the young girls to see. Get it?

It's also disrespectful for you to refer to them as "trailblazers" when there have been countless female athletes past and present who have accomplished or are accomplishing great feats, many greater than this soccer team.

If you can’t recognize the difference between crystal clear hate fueled attacks and mildly inappropriate behavior during a celebration ... which apparently you can’t, then I don’t really see this conversation going anywhere worthwhile.

When exactly did I discredit ANY female athletes? Yeah... I didn’t , you just projected that.

Good day.

Back