Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI

That's the upside for sure. But you can bet your ass that it will creep into other facets of everyday life. Just like kids in murrkan competitive fields are increasingly on drugs, I could imagine parents implanting chips in their children's brains to aid learning, thereby making it hard for natty kids.

Of course, the typical murrkan response to that will be "free country", "good for implant kids", "it will spurr innovation", "wouldn't you want your child to be the best he can become", and other libertarian slogans.
No discrimination against implant kids!! Let's introduce a quota for implant people government jobs, teachers,...etc Its all for diversity ;)

Didn’t he kill a bunch of dogs or something to get this going? Fuck that.
If he wants to experiment, he can do it on all the Musk fan boys.

Something about hundreds of monkeys dying screaming.

But it's ok, they've done it to a person now.

Joke aside this

I REALLY believe AI can have immense potential to make all us live better

My doubt is if the humans who control AI have make all us live better as their priority

Coming from a guy who complains that Americans don't have the work ethic (translation: lack of labor protections) to work 20 hour days and sleep in a factory dorm for years like Chinese workers do...

I get the feeling that Elon is really excited about the immense potential of AI to make us all better slaves.

Meh. Unless it gives me Superhuman Powers, I'll pass.

Musk says and promises A LOT of things that never materialise, so I would take this with a grain of salt. Other companies and medical facilities are already far ahead in the field.

True, but Musk detractors also often claim he's going to fail only to be proven wrong.

Dude didn't become the richest man in the world by losing bets.

Rich people only will get the augments, and the meat, and the properties and luxuries and adventures.

Poor people will live below, with nothing, doing dirty work to survive and little else.

Coming from a guy who complains that Americans don't have the work ethic (translation: lack of labor protections) to work 20 hour days and sleep in a factory dorm for years like Chinese workers do...

I get the feeling that Elon is really excited about the immense potential of AI to make us all better slaves.

That's my point
Even if rather than better slave would say "no more needed"

AI could be awesome to re-imagine a society where lot jobs will be gone or require way less than 40h/week, give people a chance to live better life

But if AI is handled by billionaires who just see it a chance to cut costs (people), future ahead is dark

FoX-znkX0AMiR0A.jpg

Back