Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

Chad Loder and a few other independent journalists got banned after getting targeted by Ngo because they had put up posts that were critical of Musk, Tesla or Ngo himself.

Ngo is also continuing to smear the guy that he accused of assaulting and robbing him during the protest where he was supposedly attacked with the "cement filled milkshake" after the guy was acquitted at trial.

No clue, never heard of the guy til this morning.

I thought Ngo said it wasn't a cement milkshake? Regardless, acquittals don't mean much anymore - OJ and Sussman being the 2 obvious examples.

But in this scenario, Musk has purchased $13 billion in debt for $12 billion. So he's saved 1 billion in exchange for cashing out $7 more billion in his Tesla stock. That's not smart. At this point, Musk could genuinely lose his position at Tesla, just to clear debt for Twitter. I mean, I guess it sounds better to wash the money around like this rather than just admit Musk actually paid $56 billion for Twitter rather than the initial tag of $44. Still, I'm not seeing this as smart.

Cashing out stock to buy the debt (if it cost 7b) would probably put him in at closer to 9b than 12b so total in at $53b, but you have to subtract the 13b that he's buying so $40b.

Not that I think it's likely, but anytime you can take that kind of money off your books is a good thing. Whether or not it's worth giving up his current stock position in Tesla is another story - although in a straight accounting sense I'd think that Tesla is currently over valued.

Yet, you have time to watch a "show and tell" PR stunt for more than 2½ hours? Holy irony, Batman.
One is something I and millions of people around the world are interested in. The other is some nobody on YouTube.

1. Musk isn't an expert on the subject and doesn't know anything about neuroscience
You could say a lot of things about this. Engineering first principles can be used to solve a wide range of problems, you don’t have to study in a classroom for 4 years to become an expert on something, Elon wasn’t an expert on rockets but created SpaceX, he doesn’t have to know every detail about every aspect to run a company, etc.
2. Almost all co-founders of the company has quit
Are all the cofounders of Tesla still involved? Can’t the same be said about many tech companies? Meaningless.

3. Neurolink copied the technology shown in the monkey promo videos from research done a decade before
Most innovations build on previous work. While some of this has been done before, Neuralink was able to miniaturize the device and get it to work wirelessly. I think the main goals of these demos are to create hype and recruit new talent.

4. A vast majority of the monkeys died grusome deaths (vomiting to death, self mutilation, brain hemmoraging)
No evidence of this. Just some fake news about thousands of monkeys being killed.

5. Musk has claimed human trials will be coming this year for several years in a row
What do you think this indicates? It’s all fake? He’s made optimistic projections and missed deadlines for many of his past (successful) projects.

6. Musk is claiming the surgery procedure will be local anesthetics, in and out on the same day and will be able to cure mental disorders and obesity (all not possible with the technological concept)

Doesn’t sound too farfetched. Current DBS placement is usually done with the patient awake and can be done with just local anesthetic. People usually stay in the hospital overnight and go home the next day. There’s little detail about the procedure, and I’m not a neurosurgeon, so I won’t pretend to know how realistic it is to go home the same day. But there is a neurosurgeon working for Neuralink and surely is advising Elon on these things.

Some mental illnesses are currently very effectively treated with neuromodulation. Not unreasonable to think the same couldn’t one day be done by Neuralink.

7. Musk is making outrageously unrealistic science fiction claims about cyborgs, AI and transferring human consciousness into golems
Many people have hypothesized similar ideas.

8. Musk is making outragous demands on staff creating a toxic work environment
Who cares? Boo hoo.

9. Nobody left at Neurolink seems to know wtf they are doing
Seems they’ve made quite the progress so far. Elon just got lucky again?

Elon has been consistent about his view of free speech on twitter and it's never been absolute--that's just a strawman people have built to attack him as his actual position isn't really attackable. He has called for fairness and transparency, that is all.

Also, Ye wasn't banned he was suspended... more strawman building.
His quote was that he is a free speech absolutist. That is not a straw man anything. He said it.

One is something I and millions of people around the world are interested in. The other is some nobody on YouTube.

You could say a lot of things about this. Engineering first principles can be used to solve a wide range of problems, you don’t have to study in a classroom for 4 years to become an expert on something, Elon wasn’t an expert on rockets but created SpaceX, he doesn’t have to know every detail about every aspect to run a company, etc.

Are all the cofounders of Tesla still involved? Can’t the same be said about many tech companies? Meaningless.

Most innovations build on previous work. While some of this has been done before, Neuralink was able to miniaturize the device and get it to work wirelessly. I think the main goals of these demos are to create hype and recruit new talent.

No evidence of this. Just some fake news about thousands of monkeys being killed.

What do you think this indicates? It’s all fake? He’s made optimistic projections and missed deadlines for many of his past (successful) projects.

Doesn’t sound too farfetched. Current DBS placement is usually done with the patient awake and can be done with just local anesthetic. People usually stay in the hospital overnight and go home the next day. There’s little detail about the procedure, and I’m not a neurosurgeon, so I won’t pretend to know how realistic it is to go home the same day. But there is a neurosurgeon working for Neuralink and surely is advising Elon on these things.

Some mental illnesses are currently very effectively treated with neuromodulation. Not unreasonable to think the same couldn’t one day be done by Neuralink.

Many people have hypothesized similar ideas.

Who cares? Boo hoo.

Seems they’ve made quite the progress so far. Elon just got lucky again?
It's clear you worship the guy with how easily you dismiss legitimate criticisms. Musk lies, makes promises he knowingly can't keep (usually to pump stocks or manipulate investors) and treats people like shit, but it doesn't matter to you. It's a pattern with this guy.

There's not really much to counter here because most of your rebuttals are just you saying you don't care or that the details aren't important. However, 6 out of 8 co-founders leaving in the span of a few years isn't something to handwave and "whatabouting" about Tesla is irrelevant. It speaks to the fact that something is seriously wrong at the company. Several former employees have spoken out against the working conditions there, but it's all in the video.

One last thing I'd like to point out though is that the mistreatment of the monkeys in the study is not without evidence:

“Extreme Suffering”: 15 of 23 Monkeys with Elon Musk’s Neuralink Brain Chips Reportedly Died
“Pretty much every single monkey that had had implants put in their head suffered from pretty debilitating health effects,” said the PCRM’s research advocacy director Jeremy Beckham. “They were, frankly, maiming and killing the animals.”

Neuralink chips were implanted by drilling holes into the monkeys’ skulls. One primate developed a bloody skin infection and had to be euthanized. Another was discovered missing fingers and toes, “possibly from self-mutilation or some other unspecified trauma,” and had to be put down. A third began uncontrollably vomiting shortly after surgery, and days later “appeared to collapse from exhaustion/fatigue.” An autopsy revealed the animal suffered from a brain hemorrhage.

The PCRM filed a complaint with the the US Department of Agriculture on Thursday, accusing UC Davis and Neuralink of nine violations of the Animal Welfare Act."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/extreme-suffering-15-23-monkeys-205653491.html

Now, I'm not oblivious to the fact that animals suffer in trials quite frequently, but it's nonetheless true that the monkeys were subjugated to some pretty gruesome treatments. In addition, it suggest that human trials are nowhere near ready, so why would Elon keep saying that they are?

It's clear you worship the guy with how easily you dismiss legitimate criticisms. Musk lies, makes promises he knowingly can't keep (usually to pump stocks or manipulate investors) and treats people like shit, but it doesn't matter to you. It's a pattern with this guy.

There's not really much to counter here because most of your rebuttals are just you saying you don't care or that the details aren't important. However, 6 out of 8 co-founders leaving in the span of a few years isn't something to handwave and "whatabouting" about Tesla is irrelevant. It speaks to the fact that something is seriously wrong at the company. Several former employees have spoken out against the working conditions there, but it's all in the video.

One last thing I'd like to point out though is that the mistreatment of the monkeys in the study is not without evidence:

“Extreme Suffering”: 15 of 23 Monkeys with Elon Musk’s Neuralink Brain Chips Reportedly Died
“Pretty much every single monkey that had had implants put in their head suffered from pretty debilitating health effects,” said the PCRM’s research advocacy director Jeremy Beckham. “They were, frankly, maiming and killing the animals.”

Neuralink chips were implanted by drilling holes into the monkeys’ skulls. One primate developed a bloody skin infection and had to be euthanized. Another was discovered missing fingers and toes, “possibly from self-mutilation or some other unspecified trauma,” and had to be put down. A third began uncontrollably vomiting shortly after surgery, and days later “appeared to collapse from exhaustion/fatigue.” An autopsy revealed the animal suffered from a brain hemorrhage.

The PCRM filed a complaint with the the US Department of Agriculture on Thursday, accusing UC Davis and Neuralink of nine violations of the Animal Welfare Act."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/extreme-suffering-15-23-monkeys-205653491.html

Now, I'm not oblivious to the fact that animals suffer in trials quite frequently, but it's nonetheless true that the monkeys were subjugated to some pretty gruesome treatments. In addition, it suggest that human trials are nowhere near ready, so why would Elon keep saying that they are?
Most of the complaints are not valid.

The animal cruelty is an allegation. Both Neuralink and the University of California said everything they did was approved, and they complied with established research protocols and regulations.

Also, even if true, I would hardly call euthanizing 15/23 monkeys = gruesome deaths of the vast majority.

Most of the complaints are not valid.

The animal cruelty is an allegation. Both Neuralink and the University of California said everything they did was approved, and they complied with established research protocols and regulations.

Also, even if true, I would hardly call euthanizing 15/23 monkeys = gruesome deaths of the vast majority.

Well the major takeaway from the video, was the Neurolink has not developed a single bit of tech since Elon came onboard. Their greatest press release, the monkey playing pong via the implant, was literally already done by the former Neurolink employer back in 2003.

The rest is mostly just vague promises of stuff like "We will meld with super A.I.," or promises like "Neurolink can be used to treat obesity," which are completely out of the realm of what the devices can offer.

if they have an automated system to detect how many racist and homophobic slurs get tweeted out on the daily, then why not have an automated system in place to ban or suspend the people who are using those slurs?

elon's the visionary. maybe he can figure it out.

if they have an automated system to detect how many racist and homophobic slurs get tweeted out on the daily, then why not have an automated system in place to ban or suspend the people who are using those slurs?

elon's the visionary. maybe he can figure it out.
Because it's soy cuck bitch shit to censor slurs probably

I'm starting to think that Elon has a master plan which ultimately ends in him launching a new Tesla phone to compete with Apple and Samsung.

Step 1: use Twitter to create a wedge issue with Apple.. ultimately getting twitter banned from the app store.
Step 2: If Apple calls his bluff and doesn't ban twitter, Elon will just switch his argument to the 30% surcharge Apple charges.
Step 3: cry like a baby about how Apple is anti-freedom and proclaim that twitter, or any other Tesla software, including starlink, will NEVER be allowed on apple devices.
Step 4: launch his own phone and tablet, accepting apple devices as trade ins.

Doing this would immediately gain Tesla a large share of the phone/tablet market, making them a huge player overnight. It's arguable that as a pure "product" company, Apple has fallen off and Tesla is more focused on new products and innovation, so it's ripe for them to takeover.

4d chess.

Pretty sure it was because of the swastika inlaid inside a Star of David picture he posted

That and the picture he posted of Elon was of a jewish lawyer hosing him down. Implying Elon is controlled 'by the Jews' also.

His quote was that he is a free speech absolutist. That is not a straw man anything. He said it.

What's your evidence that he's not? The things he's suspended or banned people for are not covered by free speech (slander, impersonation, threats, etc.)

I've listened to most of the videos on that channel while at work.

He's one of two guys that primarily attack the insane hero worship directed at Musk.

Adam Something is the other guy.

What's your evidence that he's not? The things he's suspended or banned people for are not covered by free speech (slander, impersonation, threats, etc.)

Just the act of posting a swastika is not any of those things though. It is just a symbol that can be interpreted many ways. The government would also not be able to silence Alex Jone's slander. Slander is just another type of misinformation. So Elon is censoring "hate" speech and misinformation.. stuff that would be 100% be considered constitutionally protected speech in terms of the 1st and the government. No ifs ands or buts he just is.

That's fine though, it is his right as a private owner, but saying that it is also time for the hypocrites to admit that tech companies always had this right, and it was only when daddy Elon started exercising it did their gymnastics routine begin.

Back