Elio - 84 MPG - Only $7,450 - Coming 2019....hopefully

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It's 90% made in the USA. The engine is made in Germany by the same makers of the Bugatti Veyron engine.

elio-front.jpg

Choose your color:

elio_colors.png

Engine: 3 cyl, 5 speed, auto or manual

Power: 55 hp + 55 Tq

Gas: Runs on 87 Unleaded w/ 8 Gal tank

MPG: 84 Highway, 49 City

Distance: 672 miles per tank

Top Speed: 107 mph

0-60: 9.6 seconds (Similar to a Ford Focus)

Brakes: ABS

Cost: $6,800 out the door

Debut: 2016

Safety: 5 Star Crash Safety Rating All Around + Electronic Stability Control

Can fit: 2 people; Tandem

Storeage Capacity: 1 large suitcase (Rear seat folds down for extra room)

Comes Stock: Full A/C, Heater, Power Windows, Radio/Sterio, Comfy seats, Cruise Control, etc.

You can insure it as a motorcycle (cheaper than a car) and it is considered an "Autocycle", but the law views it as a car.

Tons of excellent info:
[YT]RJUXhK4pHx8[/YT]

(Keep in mind, this is the prototype below. It does NOT have the final engine, transmission, or interior that the production model will have. It's just to get a feel for how the vehicle handles.)
Review of Prototype:
[YT]vobEBqEISh8[/YT]

Last edited:
I read about those a while back. Coming in 2016? Goods news

I knew it would be ugly as fk.

So in other words, a car a few Whole Foods hipsters will buy, and will become a ruining joke among 'muricans.

Maybe. They were taking pre-orders (actually taking money in exchange for priority when production starts) back a couple of years ago and touted that production would start in 2014. As far as i know, production has still not started and won't till next year.

My buddy was on the verge of plunking down $1,000. At this point, he is glad he didn't.

PS- one thing that may hinder some sales when it does come out is that driving one requires a motorcycle license (in my state anyways).

I'm a big fan of what this guy is doing, and i hope he pulls it off. But it looks shaky at the moment.

PS- one thing that may hinder some sales when it does come out is that driving one requires a motorcycle license (in my state anyways).

I'm a big fan of what this guy is doing, and i hope he pulls it off. But it looks shaky at the moment.

Not in 45 out of 50 states thus far. The company is pushing for all 50, and it's looks like it's gonna pass.

Also, they're almost finished with the engine and gonna be ready to put it in the car and get things moving. They've been working on it for a long time now and it's almost done. One more year.

Makes for a great work/ chores car.

So in other words, a car a few Whole Foods hipsters will buy, and will become a ruining joke among 'muricans.

It's considered an "and" car. It's so profoundly cheap, you'll buy it....AND....still own something else, like a truck.

I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. Unless you found me underneath it.

I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. Unless you found me underneath it.

Lol, it's one ugly bitch, but for the price and the MPGs, it's too good to pass up for me.

I'll have my Z06 to go along with it. :icon_chee

Not in 45 out of 50 states thus far. The company is pushing for all 50, and it's looks like it's gonna pass.

Also, they're almost finished with the engine and gonna be ready to put it in the car and get things moving. They've been working on it for a long time now and it's almost done. One more year.

Like i said, i hope this guy pulls it off, and i will prolly buy one when they hit the market. Even if this iteration is not a homerun, it should move the needle of innovation when it comes to auto design and manufacturing.

I read about those a while back. Coming in 2016? Goods news

I've already made up my mind. Barring some unforseen catasrophe, I'm buying one. No question. I just need to decide on a color.

I knew it would be ugly as fk.

you aint pulling no pussy in that unless you work at a cat shelter.

It actually looks like something you'd see on the Jetsons. It's ugly, but it turns a lot of heads. It's polarizing and I'm sure you coul show it off it a few babes.

But like I said, this is a gas saver car (with decent power). You'd probably have something else to impress the puss with.

I tried to pre-order about 6 months ago, but they aren't taking Candaian orders until after the first run.

Like i said, i hope this guy pulls it off, and i will prolly buy one when they hit the market. Even if this iteration is not a homerun, it should move the needle of innovation when it comes to auto design and manufacturing.

Yeah. The reason it is so ugly though is because they put the seat tandem instead of side-by-side. But they did that because it cuts down on wind resistance and adds a ton to the MPGs.

But it's impressive he's already got most of the stuff lined up. He's already got 45 out of 50 states to treat it like a car (no helmet) not to mention he's got a contract with every Pep Boys in the nation to service the car for free for the first 3 years/36,000 miles.

Lol, it's way too cheap not too. Not only that, but if you check off all the positives, there's way too many to ignore. (Safety, MPGs, price, good power, etc). And the negatives are almost nonexistant (Ugly.......)

There's no question. Plus, it actually looks fun as shit to drive. Like something from the future. As they say "The future is now!" :)

Also, they've had a few 6'1"- 6'2" people sit in both the front and rear seats and say they fit just fine with plenty of room.

Back