• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International El Salvador brutal crackdown on crime

And all the MS-13 members arrested for murders and rapes are Salvadoran nationals so it all kind of balances out, doesn’t it?
Ms13 gang members came from El Salvador and started to protect el salvadorians from other gangs.
Lots of copium to avoid the fact that these criminals were radicalized here in the US and then sent over there as opposed to the other way around like how nhbbear implied.

This is how you treat criminals. Like a cattle which they are. El salvador president one of the few in this world with balls. El Salvador got the highest murder rate in the world. If only more countries begin treating murderers and criminals in smiliar manner. Will world will be safer this way? Not sure but victims will certainly get the proper justice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-64770716

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Brutal crackdowns always lead to peace.

It's part of the reason there is no violence anymore.

So there's no Salvadorian nationals that were brought into the life before coming here?
I'm sure there was some organized crime over there but MS-13 in particular was founded in LA and only reached El Salvador once we deported their members back.

I'm sure there was some organized crime over there but MS-13 in particular was founded in LA and only reached El Salvador once we deported their members back.
Well, it really seemed to flourish down there. Would it also be fair to blame the 1st civilization that the 1st gang was formed in for this too? After all, gangs would never exist if it wasn't for it. Right?

As opposed to what? Coddling violent criminals? That works out, does it?

There is never going to be "peace".

I don't remember ever celebrating a particular style of justice, to be honest.

Celebrating this is a bit silly.

El Salvador is a shithole that supplies the us with some of the most violent criminals we have. Fuckhead ms13 punks and barrio18 bitches are evil and I have no issue with their treatment in this system. The unfortunate thing is that the ones not caught in this net will flood to the us to terrorize citizens here
The issue of concern for critics is that such harsh approaches erodes civil liberties and innocent people.

Well, it really seemed to flourish down there. Would it also be fair to blame the 1st civilization that the 1st gang was formed in for this too? After all, gangs would never exist if it wasn't for it. Right?

Not at all. MS13 would not exist if it were not for hardcore gang street culture of California.

If you really want to take a step back:

Cold war > El Salvador civil war > Salvadoran refugee crisis/mass migration of the 80s > unsavory criminal element becoming honed and refined on mean streets of America as they exploit their own impoverished Salvadoran immigrant communities > ms-13 > deportation of ms-13 > global ms-13

It really all starts with global super powers using and abusing tiny nations. The long term consequences of their actions is the current situation.

Not at all. MS13 would not exist if it were not for hardcore gang street culture of California.
You really have no way of knowing that.

If you really want to take a step back:

Cold war > El Salvador civil war > Salvadoran refugee crisis/mass migration of the 80s > unsavory criminal element becoming honed and refined on mean streets of America as they exploit their own impoverished Salvadoran immigrant communities > ms-13 > deportation of ms-13 > global ms-13

It really all starts with global super powers using and abusing tiny nations. The long term consequences of their actions is the current situation.
So we agree the gang came to power in El Salvador.

You really have no way of knowing that.

So we agree the gang came to power in El Salvador.

Anyone who has been following along through the last couple decades is aware of all this. Common knowledge.

No. It was invented in California. Came to power in America. Hardcore gang members sent back home where they expanded in El Salvador and other central America nation.

We have this thing called historical record. You can go watch old news clips, documentaries, interviews with LEA, it is simply the way it happened.

If the reporting is to be believed, there has been a 57% drop in homicides.

Well, sure, they've gone for the sledgehammer.

But how long are all these people in jail for? What happens when they're released? What happens in the absence of gangs in the free world of El Salvador, new gangs take their place?

Way too much long term uncertainty to celebrate this, TBH.

Well, sure, they've gone for the sledgehammer.

And the sledgehammer has worked, and as a result there has been a drop of FIFTY SEVEN PERCENT in HOMICIDES.

Yet, you're all all, "bu-but, what about the future? It might be worse than if they were allowed to kill 57% more people right now."

As a Leftist zealot, as you clearly are, do you know you're insane? Like, one day you're sitting there cheering on men being allowed in women's change rooms, and violent offenders getting released back into society with no bail given, and think "Man, it is crazy at just how fucking insane I really am."

And the sledgehammer has worked, and as a result there has been a drop of FIFTY SEVEN PERCENT in HOMICIDES.

Yet, you're all all, "bu-but, what about the future? It might be worse than if they were allowed to kill 57% more people right now."

As a Leftist zealot, as you clearly are, do you know you're insane? Like, one day you're sitting there cheering on men being allowed in women's change rooms, and violent offenders getting released back into society with no bail given, and think "Man, it is crazy at just how fucking insane I really am."

It was worked after a week.

I get that will be more than enough evidence for you (excessive, in fact), but this is dumb even by your standards.

It was worked after a week.

I get that will be more than enough evidence for you (excessive, in fact), but this is dumb even by your standards.

Yes, i'm sure that taking scores of violent gang members off the streets will result in a net negative eventually...somehow...

I guess I'm just not seeing the big theoretical picture that you guys are always arguing for, but never seems to work in practice. The argument will always be there for you too, since no society is gonna let violent criminals run amok for 50 years, to see if ever turns into some peaceful utopia. So when a society is sick of being murdered, raped and robbed, and brings the hammer down on the people causing it, you'll always have that "You guys didn't give it a chance to work itself out! 40 more years of this shit, and you never know what might've come it." argument.

Yes, i'm sure that taking scores of violent gang members off the streets will result in a net negative eventually...somehow...

I guess I'm just not seeing the big theoretical picture that you guys are always arguing for, but never seems to work in practice. The argument will always be there for you too, since no society is gonna let violent criminals run amok for 50 years, to see if ever turns into some peaceful utopia. So when a society is sick of being murdered, raped and robbed, and brings the hammer down, you'll always have that "You guys didn't give it a chance to work itself out! 40 more years of this shit, and you never know what might've come it." argument.

I'm not actually against punishing people, you're just drunk.

All I'm saying is, this hasn't actually played out yet.

You don't celebrate victory the first time a home run gets hit, and your bizarre anti-patience, anti-future input is mind-boggling.

Go for a walk, dude. You look kinda silly.

I'm not actually against punishing people, you're just drunk.

All I'm saying is, this hasn't actually played out yet.

You don't celebrate victory the first time a home run gets hit, and your bizarre anti-patience, anti-future input is mind-boggling.

Go for a walk, dude. You look kinda silly.

Enlighten us all on the future consequences of locking up/killing violent gang members today. Would it be better if they weren't locked up or killed? That's what your "what if" scenario is proposing, so lets hear the rationale behind it.

Back