Edison Mirando vs Arthur Abraham ll Tonight on Showtime

Which makes them even more insane. You revert to the dirty dirt AFTER the broken Jaw?!? It wasn't a little dirty either, it was 7 points dirty. You ever heard of a fighter getting deducted 7 points and not getting DQ'd?! Joe Cortez would have nutted in his pants and started crying if he had to ref that fight.

I'm going to refrain from comment until I rewatch this again tonight. I honestly can't remember the circumstances of every foul.

I do rememember a pretty blatant head butt. I would guess that by that time Miranda knew there was no way he was going to win without putting abraham to death.

I don't know, I recall having mixed feelings about that fght.

That Miranda fight is without question the dirteiest modern fight Ive ever seen. Miranda shouldn't have just been DQ'ed, he should have faced a serious suspension as well.

That Miranda fight is without question the dirteiest modern fight Ive ever seen. Miranda shouldn't have just been DQ'ed, he should have faced a serious suspension as well.

Yeah yeah it was, but he also beat the living shit out of Arthur Abraham. Like that was one of the worst physical beatings Ive seen in a boxing match.
Miranda has to be in his head, and I dont think Arthur is quite as talented as many of you believe.
Miranda wins via late TKO or close but clear decision.

Yeah yeah it was, but he also beat the living shit out of Arthur Abraham. Like that was one of the worst physical beatings Ive seen in a boxing match.
Miranda has to be in his head, and I dont think Arthur is quite as talented as many of you believe.

Iagree with this. Abrahams biggest win is miranda, a fight where he got the shit kicked out of him. Miranda has fought much better quality opposition than abraham has lately as well.

That goes both ways. Miranda did beat up Abraham and what did he get for it? A loss. Since that time Miranda got bounced off of the canvas by Pavlik and fled the weight class. He hasn't won an important fight since, whereas Abraham has gotten back on the wagon and continued winning and winning semi-impressively.

I dunno what constitutes being in someones head, but if anyone's confidence is shaky, I'd have t think it's Miranda's. Even on his best night, he couldn't put away a guy with a smashed face and broken jaw.

Iagree with this. Abrahams biggest win is miranda, a fight where he got the shit kicked out of him. Miranda has fought much better quality opposition than abraham has lately as well.
Thats bullshit, plain and simple. I think Abraham won the fight WITHOUT the benefit of point deductions. He clearly hurt Miranda numerous times over the second half of that fight and won it with his face half hanging off.

And Miranda hasn't fought better comp. Who the hell has he fought besides Pavlik...who beat his fucking head in? Allan Green? :redface:

Thats bullshit, plain and simple. I think Abraham won the fight WITHOUT the benefit of point deductions. He clearly hurt Miranda numerous times over the second half of that fight and won it with his face half hanging off.

And Miranda hasn't fought better comp. Who the hell has he fought besides Pavlik...who beat his fucking head in? Allan Green? :redface:

Well who has abraham fought? Ayala? lol

Win or lose, Miranda has been fighting better fighters.

Ayala took Abraham 12 rounds.

And he got KTFO in absolutel brutal fashion....kinda like Miranda did vs. Pavlik.

Besides, Ayala arguably beat Sergio Mora which doesn't look so bad right now, does it.

And he got KTFO in absolutel brutal fashion....kinda like Miranda did vs. Pavlik.

Besides, Ayala arguably beat Sergio Mora which doesn't look so bad right now, does it.

Well, thats what happens sometimes when you step up to fight top guys rather than build a name back home fighting second stringers. Lets see how Abraham fares against guys like Pavlik and Green.

What I mean is, Miranda has looked as impressive fighting second stringers as abraham has. Abraham just hasn't stepped up the competition lke Miranda has.

And mora didn't look as good as Forrest looked bad.

Gotta disagree. I dont think he came close to winning without the deductions, I saw one fighter putting down a beating, and another not willing to give up and trying to fight back.
I honestly think people are just hoping for Abraham to be an opponent for Pavlik, and I dont see him being much of a threat. Hes one of the better MWs, but he wont ever be the best.

Gotta disagree. I dont think he came close to winning without the deductions, I saw one fighter putting down a beating, and another not willing to give up and trying to fight back.
I honestly think people are just hoping for Abraham to be an opponent for Pavlik, and I dont see him being much of a threat. Hes one of the better MWs, but he wont ever be the best.

Agree 100%.

Im happy to disagree with you, mate.

Abraham by another decision.....then after Pavlik wins in September, we'll see Pavlik-Abraham in late 08/early 09

I am with Tam Tam on this one (weird). Abraham knocked Miranda around silly at least 4-5 times. I didn't see any controversy with the fight. Abraham won that fight. Even without those deductions, Abraham gave a good account of himself. Save from another broken jaw, Abraham should beat Miranda. Maybe even KO him.

*Sidenote: 166 might favor Miranda, but still... Abraham has a pretty good chin, good defense, good footwork. I just don't like how he throws punches with a arch sometimes. He'll pay big time someday for it, but I don't see Miranda being the one exploiting that. He really didn't in the first fight.

Abraham knocked Miranda around silly at least 4-5 times. I didn't see any controversy with the fight.

arthur won the fight as stated above. miranda was ready for a bed numerous times. im a little surprised so many people had miranda winning.

im excited to see abraham fight live instead of on the internet. i think it will be just as physcial and i see this as a good test to see how much miranda has improved.

he seems to get a little better with each fight. I think he's learning on the job.

this is why im kinda of rooting for him. i love watching fighters improve in what is considered "late" in the game.

I haven't seen Miranda getting much better.

Back