Edison Mirando vs Arthur Abraham ll Tonight on Showtime

B

BigBread

I don't know if anybody cares about this fight here , just a holla .

Who you think will win ?

I gotta go with King Arthur by UD

Bostonmma edit

Arthur Abraham 166 vs Edison Miranda scaled in at 165
Raul Marquez 160 vs Giovanni Lorenzo 160
Cecelia Brackhus 139.4 vs Nicole Woods 144
Victor Cayo 141 vs Harrison Cuello 140.2
Maximino Cuevas 138.75 vs Ed Paredes ??
Kenny Galarza 141 vs Heraclides Barrantes 141.6

I care. Looking forward to this one. Abraham

I just watched the first fight, and Miranda. Miranda all day long, he beat the living shit out of Arthur, who was VERY lucky to take a decision in that fight.
I know people want Arthur to win cause it could be good for the division, but after watching what I just saw I cant see that happening.

you also aware he fought with a broken jaw for 8 rounds ?

Good fight. Arthur is the only one in the middleweight division that has a shot at Pavlik.

I care, the MW division needs a viable #2. Go Abraham.

So are the airing the 1st fight on Showtime tonight or not?
I was reading the description on Showtime and it read more like hyping the 2nd fight, not a re-airing of the 1st.

the schedule on their website says they are airing the first bout tonight

Looking for Abraham to win. Edison Miranda is a great boxer, but he's just unfortunate enough to be just a LITTLE worse than Pavlik and Abraham.

Looking for Abraham to win. Edison Miranda is a great boxer, but he's just unfortunate enough to be just a LITTLE worse than Pavlik and Abraham.

Miranda is far from a great boxer. He does hit hard.

And if you're fast, that's all it takes.

No, not really. He doesnt have great speed or technical boxing ability. What he does have is a hell of an equalizer in his right hand.

I've been trying to get peoples thoughts on whether they think Miranda would have won tha fight in the states.

Thoughts? Would the doctors have stopped this in the states? I think so. Thats was the most obvious broken jaw I think I've ever seen.

I haven't seen the entire fight yet, only highlights, but a broken jaw is more than ample proof that the fight should've been stopped. He couldn't even close his mouth. It was actually pretty nasty to watch in slow motion every time he got hit.

I haven't seen the entire fight yet, only highlights, but a broken jaw is more than ample proof that the fight should've been stopped. He couldn't even close his mouth. It was actually pretty nasty to watch in slow motion every time he got hit.

Its a scary fight to watch, Mranda lands several nice shots to that broken jaw. Abraham appears to be saying, "oooooo.."" for the entire fight.

Miranda would have been fucking DQ'd in the states is what would have happened.

For that matter, let's face it, Miranda is a dirty fighter, and that about sums up his chances against Abraham.

Miranda would have been fucking DQ'd in the states is what would have happened.

For that matter, let's face it, Miranda is a dirty fighter, and that about sums up his chances against Abraham.

No thats not right at all. The ref ruled that injury was caused by a punch. Thats why Abraham didn't want to let the doc stop it, because it would have been a TKO loss.

As far as the point deductions, I disagree with that as well. They were in Abrahams backyard. If a DQ was going to happen, it would have there. And besides, many of those deductions were well after the obvious injury if I remember correctly.

Which makes them even more insane. You revert to the dirty dirt AFTER the broken Jaw?!? It wasn't a little dirty either, it was 7 points dirty. You ever heard of a fighter getting deducted 7 points and not getting DQ'd?! Joe Cortez would have nutted in his pants and started crying if he had to ref that fight.

Back