Edgar vs. Penn who do you see winning it?

I'm very surprised by how many have not taking note of that. Or maybe some are just trying to ignore it and hope for the best.

I watched the interview, and as soon as I heard that I knew what was up. I don't think BJ has any true intention of fighting at 145. It was simply a ploy to get the fight he wanted. As soon as I heard him talk about how he wants to know who the true LW GOAT is, I pretty much figured it out.

Don't be surprised if we hear how BJ can't make 145 in a few months.
I thought the same soon as I heard it. Then the association w/ Dolce came out and then I thought maybe he's really going to shoot for 145. I don't remember many fighters that Dolce works w/ coming in over weight but time will tell.

I think Frankie will win a much closer decision than the second fight they had. I hope BJ wins but this is my gut feeling.

There's no reason to believe Penn will win this fight because he hasn't shown anything recently to suggest he would win this fight.

That's not to say however that Penn doesn't have the skills or ability to win this fight. His problems are mostly in his head. When he faces an opponent that is good enough to not oblige him in the type of fight he likes he gets frustrated with it and soon gets tired and then just starts to fade.

BJ also doesn't game plan well or make much by way of in-fight adjustments. BJ never wins a decision and I don't think he ever even thinks about trying to win a decision. That's a big problem for him against this level of competition, especially against someone like Edgar. If your only thought going into a fight is that you're going to hurt Edgar and then TKO or submit him, you've got a big problem because the likelihood of anyone doing that (especially at 145) is very low.

So, assuming BJ is basically still BJ, Edgar should win every round 10-9 and cruise to a unanimous decision. Or BJ can start looking at MMA as a sport rather than a "fight" and try to give the judges a reason to give him rounds.

Bj Penn gets his ass kicked in just about every major fight he's in . Expect the pattern to continue.

Edgar wins easily. Penn's taken too much time off. Even when he still fought regularly, he couldn't beat Frankie.

Probably Edgar. It'd be cool to see BJ get a win though.

Last time I said BJ is gonna quit on the stool, some sad, sad little man by the name of will lolor something like that, flipped the fuck out, so I figured I wouldn't get too specific this time.

I really do think a TKO over BJ, be it quitting on the stool or referee stoppage is much more likely than people think it is though.
I beg your pardon! I, willin, am quite happy with my 65 plus years of accumulated wealth, a 38 year marriage and highly successful Children.
I simply brought up the undeniable fact that in Maynard/Edgar 2, while being battered by Maynard in R1, Edgar turned his back on the fight and grabbed the Cage Fence with both hands. His own Corner had the towel rolled and were screaming for the Referee to " stop the fight, stop the fight". Are you denying that any part of that occurred?
So, one or the other. Frankie Edgar is either the most egregious Cheat ever in the History of UFC Title Fights, OR Edgar was "out" and finished, had no idea what he was doing and the fight should have been stopped at that moment.
Again, for the umpteenth time, was Edgar "finished? Or is he an egregious cheat?
Which is it for you?

Edgar wins easily. Penn's taken too much time off. Even when he still fought regularly, he couldn't beat Frankie.
As we all know, Judges make onerous errors; Penn/Edgar was one of those.
By every accepted measurable Standard of MMA Judging BJ Penn should have won that fight.
Penn "couldn't beat" Edgar? He did.
BTW Regards to you.

BTW Regards to you.

I agree that decision should have went to Penn but it didn't, so he didn't. The first 3 rounds were close, but Penn definitely did a bit more than Edgar in every one of those rounds, statistically and otherwise.

I disagree however with whoever said he "couldn't beat" Edgar. At least back then, Penn definitely could have, but he just got unlucky with some confused judges. Still, I see it as a 2-0 Edgar situation. It's not 1-1 as some people have been contesting.

As we all know, Judges make onerous errors; Penn/Edgar was one of those.
By every accepted measurable Standard of MMA Judging BJ Penn should have won that fight.
BTW Regards to you.

BJ lost both fights against Frankie. Not sure what drugs you were on. There is a page on here that will show you the facts, via the official judge's decision.

Edgar is going to move a fuck load and BJ will be slow as fuck, as he always is, plodding forward, getting tagged by Edgar and probably taken down, although he will get back up because Frankie can't hold down a 6 year old.

Frankie will win another decision and you will make up some "Standard of MMA judging" in your head, to say BJ won. Nothing to see here. You're just putting on your best PositiveBalance impersonation.

Penn loses by corner repeatedly telling him to 'kill this little **********' with out telling him how. And by Edgar being better

BJ lost both fights against Frankie. Not sure what drugs you were on. There is a page on here that will show you the facts, via the official judge's decision.

I accept the fact that Edgar won, but don't try to say it wasn't debatable. We know Frankie won officially, but many would argue it was bad decision.

Sherdog ranked that fight as the 8th worst decision of all time.

Almost the entire media plus Fight Metric scored the fight for BJ.

Back