Edgar vs. Penn who do you see winning it?

I have to think Phil Nurse is going to walk away with eternal bragging rights over Baby Jay.

Frankie won 10 consecutive rounds already and Penn hasn't seen 145 pounds since he was in the fifth grade. He hasn't fought in a year and what year was the last serious camp he has completed?
"10 consecutive rounds already". Did you just say that? lol

I can't see BJ winning this fight. Maybe a early round.

BJs timing and reflexes wont be good enough after the lay off and weight cut for Frankie. Odds should be wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

Edgar by decision if a three rounder. By TKO if in the 5th if it's a three rounder

BJ lost both fights against Frankie. Not sure what drugs you were on. There is a page on here that will show you the facts, via the official judge's decision.

Edgar is going to move a fuck load and BJ will be slow as fuck, as he always is, plodding forward, getting tagged by Edgar and probably taken down, although he will get back up because Frankie can't hold down a 6 year old.

Frankie will win another decision and you will make up some "Standard of MMA judging" in your head, to say BJ won. Nothing to see here. You're just putting on your best PositiveBalance impersonation.
I am assuming your zest in being an Edgar loonie led to your uttering such drivel. Deep breath for you, acquaint yourself with the truth beyond fight finder, and try again.

I met this "145" with consternation equal to yours.
However, the gist of the charade, imo, is Penn/Edgar on TUF propping up what has become a staid and tiresome Reality Show. The idea is nothing short of genius.
The Fight, if it occurs at all, will surely be a catch weight; probably 150 lbs.
Doesn't that sound more realistic to you?
I think it's good deal for BJ. Fan base will be excited about a 'motivated' BJ as evidenced by his 'training hard and making 145'; going so far as employing Dolce to show how serious he is...and, since there's no title involved, the option of a catchweight is always there if he needs it.

I don't think anything will help TUF significantly. BJ and FE's personalities don't seem to translate into riveting reality show fodder to me.

I don't care much for this fight.

How will Edgar win?
Oh yea, he'll dart around, touch BJ and dart away, and maybe surprise him with a TD or two (from which BJ will immediately escape back to his feet).

That's rich coming from someone with personal ties to Gray Maynard.

Now proceed to go out of your way once more to say you 'like' Frankie Edgar before centering yet another post around how much Frankie is a cheat, lost his rematch to Gray, is '2-7 in his last 9 fights' and cry about how he grabbed the fence and how much that played a part in Gray not being able to finish someone who was already 'out'. Go on. Tell us more.
An expert on Frankie Edgar fights. Excellent!
So which is it in your expert judgement?
When Frankie Edgar turned his back on the fight while Maynard was beating him senseless and was clinging to the Cage Fence with both hands, was he a) Lucid and being the most egregious cheat in UFC Title Fight History? Or b) Incapable of knowing what he was doing and "finished", turned his back on the fight and clung to the Cage while his own Corner screamed to "stop the fight, stop the fight".
Which is it? Personally, I think Frankie is too much of a warrior to cheat, don't you?

Does anybody still read Willin posts?

I havent in ages.

I think it's good deal for BJ. Fan base will be excited about a 'motivated' BJ as evidenced by his 'training hard and making 145'; going so far as employing Dolce to show how serious he is...and, since there's no title involved, the option of a catchweight is always there if he needs it.

I don't think anything will help TUF significantly. BJ and FE's personalities don't seem to translate into riveting reality show fodder to me.
If I'm not mistaken, Penn's stint on TUF 5 was one of the most successful in the Series History. I believe it's Dana genius (or desperation) at its finest.
Dolce is one part of the puzzle. BJ needs a "boot camp" regimen Training Camp: and a 3 round fight.

A motivated penn for the win. However if frankie wins it will be because of classic edgar point fighting to a decision

I beg your pardon! I, willin, am quite happy with my 65 plus years of accumulated wealth, a 38 year marriage and highly successful Children.
I simply brought up the undeniable fact that in Maynard/Edgar 2, while being battered by Maynard in R1, Edgar turned his back on the fight and grabbed the Cage Fence with both hands. His own Corner had the towel rolled and were screaming for the Referee to " stop the fight, stop the fight". Are you denying that any part of that occurred?
So, one or the other. Frankie Edgar is either the most egregious Cheat ever in the History of UFC Title Fights, OR Edgar was "out" and finished, had no idea what he was doing and the fight should have been stopped at that moment.
Again, for the umpteenth time, was Edgar "finished? Or is he an egregious cheat?
Which is it for you?

lol, this is the guy, I see you all have had a taste of his psychotic tendencies.

And really, Willin? Are you really gonna try and ask a question for the 'umpteenth time'? I asked you the same question in like 4 consecutive posts, yet you dodged it each time. I've also seen other people call you out on not answering their questions after you flip out and go on one of your little rants.

What is your deal? Seriously, what is your deal? Does it really bother you that much that Frankie beat BJ TWICE, and one time in dominating fashion? Does it bother you that much that Frankie showcased quite possibly the most heart seen anywhere in the history of combat sports by overcoming what happened in round 1 and put on a great fight and then go on to KO the same guy in their next fight?

Idk what your deal is with Frankie, and don't give me that 'I'm his fan!' garbage, because I've seen your other posts about him and if that's a fan of Frankie, I'm a fan of Jon Jones.

When did he say it was impossible for Frankie to KO Penn? He was just saying that the odds of it happening are very low, considering Frankie has no power and Penn has never been KO'd before (he's been TKO'd by Hughes, but not KO'd).

and by GSP.

Edgar by brutal sexual assault, just like the first two fights

Edgar by brutal sexual assault, just like the first two fights

Yeah he'll probably love-tap his way to victory again. Not disagreeing. Can't say I'm excited to watch Frankie put everyone to sleep again with his non-stop shuffling and pitter-patter strikes.

ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

An expert on Frankie Edgar fights. Excellent!
So which is it in your expert judgement?
When Frankie Edgar turned his back on the fight while Maynard was beating him senseless and was clinging to the Cage Fence with both hands, was he a) Lucid and being the most egregious cheat in UFC Title Fight History? Or b) Incapable of knowing what he was doing and "finished", turned his back on the fight and clung to the Cage while his own Corner screamed to "stop the fight, stop the fight".
Which is it? Personally, I think Frankie is too much of a warrior to cheat, don't you?

Thanks for proving me right: you ARE growing senile in your old age.

Back