Edgar vs. Penn who do you see winning it?

I think this fight will be very close like the 1st fight was because the weight cut will force BJ to get in the best shape possible and by cutting so much weight he will get back some of his quickness that he was lacking at 170

Edgar will win it comfortably in my opinion.

I don't know if BJ's comically huge ego will be able to take a third loss to the same man.

Edgar will win it comfortably in my opinion.

I don't know if BJ's comically huge ego will be able to take a third loss to the same man.

He won against Penn comfortably 4 years ago. Edgar has gotten better and Penn has gotten worse since.

This time it will just be an embarassing fight for Penn

I'm still 'wtf' about this being @ 145. Why, BJ? Anybody got a rational answer for that? I watched his interview on FS1 the other day and don't remember the subject being talked about. I do remember him saying (before the Dolce announcement) that the set weight was still iffy as well as exactly when and where.

I'm still 'wtf' about this being @ 145. Why, BJ? Anybody got a rational answer for that? I watched his interview on FS1 the other day and don't remember the subject being talked about. I do remember him saying (before the Dolce announcement) that the set weight was still iffy as well as exactly when and where.

Because 145 is where Edgar has been fighting

For BJ to make weight at 145 he really needs to focus in his training camp, so I'm thinking that he will likely be at the top of his game if he makes weight. Only issue would be that he hasn't fought in years, but I feel that he knows how to beat Frankie and that this time around he will implement his gameplan. He had success in taking Frankie down, so as long as he avoids a standup fight (Edgar is too fast) he'll win a UD.

For BJ to make weight at 145 he really needs to focus in his training camp, so I'm thinking that he will likely be at the top of his game if he makes weight. Only issue would be that he hasn't fought in years, but I feel that he knows how to beat Frankie and that this time around he will implement his gameplan. He had success in taking Frankie down, so as long as he avoids a standup fight (Edgar is too fast) he'll win a UD.
You mean @ 145 because he just fought Rory.

I have to think Phil Nurse is going to walk away with eternal bragging rights over Baby Jay.

Frankie won 10 consecutive rounds already and Penn hasn't seen 145 pounds since he was in the fifth grade. He hasn't fought in a year and what year was the last serious camp he has completed?

I have to think Phil Nurse is going to walk away with eternal bragging rights over Baby Jay.

Frankie won 10 consecutive rounds already and Penn hasn't seen 145 pounds since he was in the fifth grade. He hasn't fought in a year and what year was the last serious camp he has completed?

Why do you always say Frankie won 10 consecutive rounds? That never happened...

bj's speed and confidence are completely shot. edgar is going to run rings around him, this isn't going to even be close. it will be along the lines of ortiz - shamrock.

I like BJ, don't like Edgar but come on, who the hell can give this fight to BJ?

-BJ's been getting worse
-Last couple fights were at 170
-Has never fought at 145
-Likes to balloon up out of camp so he's probably in the worst condition he's been in a long time when he signed up for this
-Ring rust

So you have a guy who's shown deterioration in his fighting ability + has physical problems to fight + long layoff VS the guy that clearly beat him who has stayed same or improved.

No logical person would put money down on BJ. That is not to say he has absolutely no chance, but nothing he has shown us gives us any reliable source into thinking he would win this fight

I'm very surprised by how many have not taking note of that. Or maybe some are just trying to ignore it and hope for the best.

I watched the interview, and as soon as I heard that I knew what was up. I don't think BJ has any true intention of fighting at 145. It was simply a ploy to get the fight he wanted. As soon as I heard him talk about how he wants to know who the true LW GOAT is, I pretty much figured it out.

Don't be surprised if we hear how BJ can't make 145 in a few months.

As much as I'd love BJ to win this doesn't end well for him I don't think, Frankie outworks him quite easily I think.

Back