Eddie Bravo: The biggest difference between Tony and all of Khabib's other opponents

I cried during the ufc 242 press conference ... I am not even kidding ...

No shame in it. Dustin is one of the true good guys in the sport. I'm a fan of his too.

Which is why Colby talking that shit about him after a loss is so classless. Schtick is one thing, but that's your teammate in another weight class and you say that shit? Weak.

- well you can check on every thread about predictions for ufc 242, I always said that dustin would beat khabib by TKO 3rd, I also always said that dustin beat tony. ( I am a bit of a dustin fan ... )

- "We are talking about Khabib right" well islam fought the ADCC champ, we can without a lot of risk assume that khabib's grappling is as good or even better than islam's one...

- ramos had 4 minutes to work, you are not hurt for 4 minutes, have you ever been Knockdown ? after 30 seconds MAX you feel alright even more if you are grappling and not striking ( conscious wise of course ... ) , so during those 4 minutes he couldn't do shit, but if you want to believe that tony who is barely a black belt will transformed himself to become a GOAT bjj fighter, than believe it !

Ramos did fine on the ground after being knocked down via knee to head. He took some initial gnp and then gathered himself. Unleashed some strikes from the bottom and kept Islam in his guard. Ramos tied up Islam's arms pretty well and was on his way to tiring him out. He did some clever up elbows into Islam's shoulders. Tied up Islam's arms with the help of his legs and also pushed away from the cage too.

I was impressed with Ramos guard.

No shame in it. Dustin is one of the true good guys in the sport. I'm a fan of his too.

Which is why Colby talking that shit about him after a loss is so classless. Schtick is one thing, but that's your teammate in another weight class and you say that shit? Weak.
clearly weak, dont know why too ? why the need to talk shit about another teammate who is not even in the same category as you ? really like colby the fighter, but the person seems very very weird ..

Ramos did fine on the ground after being knocked down via knee to head. He took some initial gnp and then gathered himself. Unleashed some strikes from the bottom and kept Islam in his guard. Ramos tied up Islam's arms pretty well and was on his way to tiring him out. He did some clever up elbows into Islam's shoulders. Tied up Islam's arms with the help of his legs and also pushed away from the cage too.

I was impressed with Ramos guard.
lol islam was just stalling in ramos guard to get an easy decision, ramos tried sweep, sub nothing worked and he lost 30-26 if you are impressed by that ...

The same Tony Ferguson who was blanketed by Michael Johnson?

lol islam was just stalling in ramos guard to get an easy decision, ramos tried sweep, sub nothing worked and he lost 30-26 if you are impressed by that ...

30-26 because of what happened on the feet. His guard was never passed, he landed up strikes and I don't think Islam would want to be in it for 15 minutes.

He's gonna get smeshed

usa_today_10334424.0.jpg
Tony's hairline, wow.....

Khabib studies Tony’s game and his weak spots as well. And Ferguson has a lot more weaknesses than Khabib.

Obviously, Khabib knows that Tony is dangerous off his back as well as with his elbows.

Problem is Tony won't be able to do shit off his back no one has successfully been able to do any damage to Khabib off of their back why would Tony be any different, Khabib would just crucifix him and elbow his face into the octagon.

I agree. He will be hitting elbows and constantly looking for subs and scrambles. He doesn't have a weak guard game and weak cardio like a lot of people Khabib has beat. He will attack from his back and has the cardio to do it for 5 rounds.

This is a hard fight to predict because of Khabib's impressive performance last weekend. Since it is fresh in our heads, it's easy to go with Khabib. The breakdown of the match up indicates Tony has been taken down by lesser wrestlers and no one has been able to stop Khabib from applying his game. But this is Tony and Tony always has won in unconventional ways and on paper has the cardio and striking advantage. Also who knows Tony may make good on his promise to try to take Khabib down. It's a great matchup!

30-26 because of what happened on the feet. His guard was never passed, he landed up strikes and I don't think Islam would want to be in it for 15 minutes.
well just watch the fight, islam wasn't event trying to pass the guard, just stall until the end of the fight ... and the best BJJ guy in the ufc ( after maia maybe ? even though ramos is in his prime ... ) got 30-26

Tony also rolls with takedown attempts to create scrambles rather than trying to stuff them and out muscle the attempt.

Back