Eddie Alvarez's UFC offer includes immediate title shot, pay-per-view cut

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he could but I just think Bendos too much for him.

How does Benson win in your opinion? I'm not saying he won't.... Just stylistically I see this fight taking place on the feet and that's definitely not Bendos advantage.

Read the article people! It looks like Bellator matched the UFC offer and BEAT IT by $125,000 for a SpikeTV deal.

The PPV cut is a mislead since there needs to be a minimum of 200K buys for it to take effect.

Do the math...Bellator is guaranteeing a total package of $1.775 million dollars for 8 fights. Conversely, for Bendo to make $1.775 million dollars, at his current rate, he would need to fight and win 23 times in a row.

Sorry, but us Sherdoggers don't read (at least most of us don't) :redface:.

Whatever happens, Alvarez will be making more money then the current UFC LW Champ, Henderson. :icon_chee

I really hope this whole Bellator thing won't keep him out of action for too long. Would love to see Eddie receive this deal.

While I agree - did you see Gils last fight?

yeah.
It wasnt an impressive display...yet he defended his SF's belt for the 6th time since winning it in 2009.

Btw I think Bendo will dominate Gil :p Just wanna see it, and give Gil his due, he deserves it, more than Eddie at this point!

Pettis just needs to fight. He's been on the shelf for what seems like forever. I am a huge fan but he doesn't deserve shit at the moment.

atm but if he beats Cerrone in a couple weeks he will deserve it imo...

they need to just come out and say what they are doing with Bendo/Gil, id be shocked if it wasnt the next Fox headliner.

either way if Eddie is gonna fight in the UFC, its gonna be a while. ********* ass Bjorn isnt just gonna give up and let him come here. I have a feeling it might take a while. Bendo could defend against Gil and already have a fight lined up with Pettis before Eddie even gets to the UFC.

EDIT: How is it a guarantee? You're assuming he goes undefeated in bellator, and he goes 4-4 in UFC fighting only 1 of his 8 fights on PPV

It is not a stretch to say that the level of competition in the UFC is far superior to the level of competition in Bellator.

Are you trying to say that UFC=Bellator? I think you'd be wrong on that one. Eddie has a much greater chance of losing fights in the UFC than in Bellator.

at this point nothing comes as a surprise regarding the UFC and title shots. a middle of the pack lw will have a very long road to earn a title shot now

It is not a stretch to say that the level of competition in the UFC is far superior to the level of competition in Bellator.

Are you trying to say that UFC=Bellator? I think you'd be wrong on that one. Eddie has a much greater chance of losing fights in the UFC than in Bellator.

Stop it... You're hurting my head. Eddie likely fights half or more of his fights on ppv and could earn up to a million dollars on ppv alone per fight, give it up. You only factored one ppv in there, like the other poster stated

Edit: Eddie also has a very high chance of accumilating fight of the nights and KO of the nights, he's always in a great fight and has KO power.

Got beat by Mike Chandler though, he should have to fight someone else and when this was offered they were looking to skip over Gilbert, which is bullshit.

at this point nothing comes as a surprise regarding the UFC and title shots. a middle of the pack lw will have a very long road to earn a title shot now

I hope you're not comparing Eddie to a middle of the pack guy? He's been top 10 for years..... Gil is the only guy on the list of top 10s that been there as long

Eddie would put up a better fight than Nate and Frankie.

Got beat by Mike Chandler though, he should have to fight someone else and when this was offered they were looking to skip over Gilbert, which is bullshit.

Eddie looked better losing to chandler who's a much better fighter than Thomson... Than Gil looked losing to Thomson.

Eddie did fight someone else: Shinya Aoki and Patricky Freire. He ko'd both in the first round.

you are worth what somebody is willing to pay you. get over it...

Eddie would put up a better fight than Nate and Frankie.

So Eddie wouldn't just beat him like Frankie did? He would stop him? I agree. Eddie is Frankie's clone with more power and 15 more lbs of muscle

Nobody should be fighting Benson Henderson before Gilbert Melendez, period.

If I were Bellator, I would argue in court that their offer matches the UFC's offer based on what each organization can offer. Not dollar for dollar.

Then state that the UFC is a much larger corporation and argue a monopoly.

so hes gonna stuff Bendo's TD's? lol aight

He stuffs Frankie's all day in practice... He stuffed chandler 6/7 times, chandler only got him down once after rocking him... Eddie has Great TDD and great wreslting, maybe you should actually watch him, Bendo isn't going to out wrestle him if chandler can't, chandler is 10 x the wrestler Bendo is. Frankie HANDLED Bendo wrestling, he can't do that to Eddie.

Back