Eddie Alvarez's UFC offer includes immediate title shot, pay-per-view cut

Surprised at the immediate title shott. Now it makes sense why Eddie says bellators matching contract was not as good.

I have to admit, I'm a lil bias when it comes to Eddie signing to the UFC. If Eddie fights in the UFC the better chance we can get more UFC events in Philly! lol

Read the article people! It looks like Bellator matched the UFC offer and BEAT IT by $125,000 for a SpikeTV deal.

The PPV cut is a mislead since there needs to be a minimum of 200K buys for it to take effect.

Do the math...Bellator is guaranteeing a total package of $1.775 million dollars for 8 fights. Conversely, for Bendo to make $1.775 million dollars, at his current rate, he would need to fight and win 23 times in a row.

How many UFC PPV do under 200k? UFC 147 150? thats like the only two recent PPV to not even hit 200k.

Every other PPV is doing between 200k and 1 mill depending on how big the fight is.

Now if Bellator did a PPV it wouldnt even hit 100k. Thats Eddies argument, Bellator can say we'll give you the same deal but everyone knows Bellator if they did a PPV wouldnt sell shit but if he gets on a UFC PPV he would make money.

So Bellator will technically say we matched it but Eddie is saying because they arent a PPV company its not really a direct match.

How many UFC PPV do under 200k? UFC 147 150? thats like the only two recent PPV to not even hit 200k.

Every other PPV is doing between 200k and 1 mill depending on how big the fight is.

Now if Bellator did a PPV it wouldnt even hit 100k. Thats Eddies argument, Bellator can say we'll give you the same deal but everyone knows Bellator if they did a PPV wouldnt sell shit but if he gets on a UFC PPV he would make money.

So Bellator will technically say we matched it but Eddie is saying because they arent a PPV company its not really a direct match.

The guaranteed fight on FOX and the job as a commentator on events probably more than makes up the 125K bonus he'd allegedly get from Spike.

Basically all UFC title fights are bull now.

Damn. This isn't even about needing/wanting Alvarez that badly. It's about screwing Bellator out of their most popular fighter now that they have a better TV deal. Either way, I'll be looking forward to his next fight.
If Eddie won the UFC belt, Bellator could claim to have the best LW in the world.

BellatorMichaelChandlerEddieAlvarez.jpg

What ever you zuffa fanbois say... Eddie can beat any top LW in the world any day!!... The guys is candy to eyes to see him fight.. always exciting always finishing.. He is a stronger, bigger, better striker version of Frankie Edgar.. He can beat anyone out there.. He will fight for the title.. No wrestler can hold him down

If Eddie won the UFC belt, Bellator could claim to have the best LW in the world.

BellatorMichaelChandlerEddieAlvarez.jpg

I'm interested to see what they offer Chandler now whenever his contract is up. A young kid with that much talent and star potential? I bet Dana drools every time he thinks about getting him in there with Benson. Not to mention he's a white American

Let him go for that deal bellator.. Of coarse Dana likes f'n Eddie Alvarez.. He is an east coast guy who makes every fight exiting and is not somebody Dana would think is "weird" for any reason. Eddie is basically an ideal fighter in many ways.. Hope he can stop getting caught in every fight, because that luck could run out in either the UFC OR bellator. Dana has probably had a woody for Eddie for a few years now.

Lets look at what PPV buys were for the past 2 LW champs.

Bendo:
UFC 150 = 190,000 buys

Frankie:
UFC 147 = 375,000 buys (high because it was UFC's jump to Japan)
UFC 136 = 225,000 buys
UFC 125 = 270,000 buys

Lets just take the average of the above and you get a ballpark PPV number of 265K buys. That means Eddie's cut is 65K ($1 for every buy above 200K). Meanwhile, Bellator is offering a TV deal worth $125K.

Bellator matched and BEAT the UFC's offer.

I'm not a lawyer so someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems from a legal POV it's the same contract seeing as bellator just changed the name UFC to Bellator. The wording and amounts are the same.

But if you were to take an actuary or professional appraiser estimate the values of each, I'd assume the UFC contract's value would be much higher. Think about this, if both contracts were in place, and some other org wanted to buy out the contract, they'd have to pay much more to buy out the UFC one.

I'm interested to see what they offer Chandler now whenever his contract is up. A young kid with that much talent and star potential? I bet Dana drools every time he thinks about getting him in there with Benson. Not to mention he's a white American
I don't think they care about that kind of stuff unless he looks like Chuck.

Lets look at what PPV buys were for the past 2 LW champs.

Bendo:
UFC 150 = 190,000 buys

Frankie:
UFC 147 = 375,000 buys (high because it was UFC's jump to Japan)
UFC 136 = 225,000 buys
UFC 125 = 270,000 buys

Lets just take the average of the above and you get a ballpark PPV number of 265K buys. That means Eddie's cut is 65K ($1 for every buy above 200K). Meanwhile, Bellator is offering a TV deal worth $125K.

Bellator matched and BEAT the UFC's offer.

Thats assuming one PPV. The contract says anytime he fights on a PPV.

Bullshit if he gets a shot before Melendez. They should do Alvarez vs Melendez in the UFC first if anything.

I don't think they care about that kind of stuff unless he looks like Chuck.

They care for sure. It might be wrong and it might be racist but a white American champion would be beneficial for the UFC. It's unfortunate but that's how the world is

explain to me how he deserves an immediate title shot?..give it to someone who deserves it!

They care for sure. It might be wrong and it might be racist but a white American champion would be beneficial for the UFC. It's unfortunate but that's how the world is

The world likes white American UFC Champions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back