Eddie Alvarez's UFC offer includes immediate title shot, pay-per-view cut

Good for Eddie. That's what a good reputation and a good manager makes happen.

Stop it... You're hurting my head. Eddie likely fights half or more of his fights on ppv and could earn up to a million dollars on ppv alone per fight, give it up. You only factored one ppv in there, like the other poster stated

Edit: Eddie also has a very high chance of accumilating fight of the nights and KO of the nights, he's always in a great fight and has KO power.

Name another LW who has fought half or more of his fights on PPV. Bendo and Frankie never got that before they were champs. Eddie isn't exactly a prime BJ Penn.

You're in the minority here if you believe Eddie is the greatest LW in the world....because thats what its going to take to make your numbers work.

Its like telling a baseball player that there is a $1 billion bonus if they can hit 200 homeruns in a season. Or telling a basketball player that there is a $500 million bonus if they can average 125 points a game for the season. WAKE UP. That $1 billion and $500 million bonus are not realistically obtainable.

Ronnyb-Location: Philadelphia

ok dude lol Bendo would do the same damn thing he did to Nate. Nate would probably beat Eddie too.

we get it you're from Philly and want Eddie to win but come on

Ben would kick the shit out of Eddie's legs and take him down multiple times and win a decision.

Why do so many people keep saying Gilbert deserves a title shot? Did anyone else see his last fight? He freakin lost lol.. Eddie doesn't deserve it either, but to act like Melendez is so much more deserving is ludicrous

why wouldnt they offer chandler the deal... the person who choked alvarez little head off?

Why do so many people keep saying Gilbert deserves a title shot? Did anyone else see his last fight? He freakin lost lol.. Eddie doesn't deserve it either, but to act like Melendez is so much more deserving is ludicrous

well said... on top of that

melendez conveniently "injured" with imminent transfer to ufc...

He stuffs Frankie's all day in practice... He stuffed chandler 6/7 times, chandler only got him down once after rocking him... Eddie has Great TDD and great wreslting, maybe you should actually watch him, Bendo isn't going to out wrestle him if chandler can't, chandler is 10 x the wrestler Bendo is. Frankie HANDLED Bendo wrestling, he can't do that to Eddie.

You're not discrete at all in your huggery lol.. I like Eddie & I think he would be a great addition to the LW division, but Bendo WILL get him down, if the fight takes place..

THIS is interesting:

"The exhibit confirms a previous claim from Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney that his promotion merely changed window dressings on the UFC's offer. Mentions of UFC parent company Zuffa are simply crossed out and replaced with Bellator."

Really? Even for the clauses containing ppv cuts? I wonder how that worked out in terms of Bellator matching something they do not participate in. For me, this shows the contracts are vastly different, and Alvarez stands more of a chance to make more money with Zuffa.

Ronnyb-Location: Philadelphia

ok dude lol Bendo would do the same damn thing he did to Nate. Nate would probably beat Eddie too.

we get it you're from Philly and want Eddie to win but come on

Ben would kick the shit out of Eddie's legs and take him down multiple times and win a decision.

Youre just so damn clueless. You're a casual fan.

Immediate title shot is not deserving considering the LW competition in Bellator, maybe after an impressive win or two in the big show. I would like to see him in the UFC, even though I don't think he would beat the top 5.

Neither Alvarez or Melendez deserve a shot at this point, if anything, let them fight each other in a title eliminator.

Nobody should be fighting Benson Henderson before Gilbert Melendez, period.

Umm, why?
THIS is interesting:

"The exhibit confirms a previous claim from Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney that his promotion merely changed window dressings on the UFC's offer. Mentions of UFC parent company Zuffa are simply crossed out and replaced with Bellator."

Really? Even for the clauses containing ppv cuts? I wonder how that worked out in terms of Bellator matching something they do not participate in. For me, this shows the contracts are vastly different, and Alvarez stands more of a chance to make more money with Zuffa.

Exactly. But no matter how you slice it, as long as the pay scale is similar, the UFC will always be the more lucrative choice. The exposure = more sponsorship money, not to mention the infamous locker room bonuses and of the night bonuses that Bellator can't match.

You're not discrete at all in your huggery lol.. I like Eddie & I think he would be a great addition to the LW division, but Bendo WILL get him down, if the fight takes place..

Eddie has been taken down exactly 3 times in his career. You don't know what you're talking about, at all. If Bendo does get him down he's not keeping him down, eddies sprawl and brawl is very good, he KOd Ross Ebanez from his knees while sprawling and brawling.

All you guys are forgetting that no matter how much Eddie's contract is matched by Bellator, the money derived from sponsors that he would receive for a UFC PPV or FOX headliner far outweighs that which he could receive in Bellator. Its been estimated that 2/3 of fighter earnings come from sponsors.

This is exactly why the McDonald's vs Steakhouse analogy is so accurate. Not to mention the UFCs fight promoting abilities FAR exceed Bellators.

Last edited:
Back