Eddie Alvarez tells how dirty Joe Silva was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tons of fighters over the yrs have said Joe is dirty, it sounds believable. I met Eddie in real life, he is about 5 ft 8. Dana once said something along the lines that aside from him & the Fertitta brothers, Joe was essentially the most powerful guy in the UFC

014_Joe_Silva_angry-ufc.jpg

Ok ok .... so I am in the restaurant of a hotel a few weeks after the Anthony Pettis fight eating by myself and next to me is Joe Silva with a group of buddies and I believe Sean Shelby they are having some drinks. I never interacted with Joe but I took the time to introduce (myself). Next I ask who my next opponent could possibly be and half joking half serious ask for the champion if he’s available. Joe took the opportunity to tell me with the way I am fighting I’ll never get a title shot as long as he’s around, they all laugh.

At this point I am completely embarrassed, I want to hurt him but I just joined this promotion and this guy pretty much makes the rules. The funny part was he was standing and I could of swore he was fully seated. So I took the high road and went to my room in a rage. I get a call a few weeks later from Dana not Joe asking for the RDA fight. I thought wow this one must of went over Joe’s Head. Joe’s 4 foot, a lot of things do. So I get the fight I wanted and Joe didn’t want. I KO RDA and win the world title in the 1st round. As I make my out of the ring and in the back guess who is the first guy standing there? Yes Joe. No congrats, no good job just a bitter angry small little man. I said nothing, nothing needed to be communicated, I just wink. Success is how you destroy your enemies.

Joe Silva does not meet the minimum height requirement for Sherdog membership.

Mr Alvarez was in his feelings on this one.

He's not as short as they said he was but IIRC still short; he was claimed to be 5'2 but was actually 5'5 which was average back then but manlet territory by today's standards
The French measurement of a foot at the time was 13 inches rather than 12. So he was 5'2 or 5'3 in French feet, which would be 5'7 or 5'8 in normal measurements. So he was average or even a bit above average for the time. IOW, still taller than Eddie and way taller than Silva.<Moves>

yeah, probably not "dirty".

more like "asshole who uses his position of power to talk down to and condescend people who could stomp the shit out of him".

not saying he couldn't express his opinion, but there's a difference between giving constructive criticism and being a dick.

it also makes no sense because win or lose, Eddie put on some exciting fights. if the interaction was real, it really comes of as Joe being a total cunt for no reason. maybe to show off or something.
I think it's pretty widely known that he was a dick.

You can't trust that you newb. He's 5'7 at best. He was shorter than 5'9 McGregor.
relax there chachi , I was only joking.
Hope you enjoyed your little moment of superiority there tho. Just not too quick on the uptake.
:meow:

My bad I thought you were saying it’s not worthy of a thread or something. Sorry
Nah, I dont care if you do start it, just remember seeing a thread about this a few months ago. Was not too sure if Eddie repeated the same thing again.

I think you guys should kiss and make up. Maybe a nice little picnic? Something romantic?

014_Joe_Silva_angry-ufc.jpg

Ok ok .... so I am in the restaurant of a hotel a few weeks after the Anthony Pettis fight eating by myself and next to me is Joe Silva with a group of buddies and I believe Sean Shelby they are having some drinks. I never interacted with Joe but I took the time to introduce (myself). Next I ask who my next opponent could possibly be and half joking half serious ask for the champion if he’s available. Joe took the opportunity to tell me with the way I am fighting I’ll never get a title shot as long as he’s around, they all laugh.

At this point I am completely embarrassed, I want to hurt him but I just joined this promotion and this guy pretty much makes the rules. The funny part was he was standing and I could of swore he was fully seated. So I took the high road and went to my room in a rage. I get a call a few weeks later from Dana not Joe asking for the RDA fight. I thought wow this one must of went over Joe’s Head. Joe’s 4 foot, a lot of things do. So I get the fight I wanted and Joe didn’t want. I KO RDA and win the world title in the 1st round. As I make my out of the ring and in the back guess who is the first guy standing there? Yes Joe. No congrats, no good job just a bitter angry small little man. I said nothing, nothing needed to be communicated, I just wink. Success is how you destroy your enemies.

Lmao the entire rant is just 5'7 Alvarez trying to height shame Joe Silva in order to make a point. Ridiculous to say the least, everybody knows Joe Silva is a punk but this rant just makes Alvarez look like an insecure little pussy for lack of better words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back